tModLoader Custom Player Sprites Mod

I'm not sure how to help with that issue then, if no other texture pack loads it's head sprite, then the problem is something obstructing head loading, if only your texture pack wont load, then the problem is the sprite.
Be sure to check out the properties of the image, and see if the image is not blocked.
I tested it with just the head image alone, and it still doesn't load at all. But the sprite worked for you, so it can't be the color depth or anything about the image itself.
What exactly do you mean by "blocked"? The image isn't read-only or hidden.
Edit: Upon further inspection, some of the folders are partially read-only. When I unset the folders from read-only, though, they re-set themselves. I'll have to investigate that.
Edit 2: Hang on a tick! So it turns out that the Player_0_0.png file doesn't work for female characters. That explains why it worked for you and not me, but then what head file do female characters use? They don't appear to have a different texture file.

Last edited:
I tested it with just the head image alone, and it still doesn't load at all. But the sprite worked for you, so it can't be the color depth or anything about the image itself.
What exactly do you mean by "blocked"? The image isn't read-only or hidden.
Edit: Upon further inspection, some of the folders are partially read-only. When I unset the folders from read-only, though, they re-set themselves. I'll have to investigate that.
Edit 2: Hang on a tick! So it turns out that the Player_0_0.png file doesn't work for female characters. That explains why it worked for you and not me, but then what head file do female characters use? They don't appear to have a different texture file.
I believe female outfit variation begin from 3, so would be Player_3_0.png.

The issue were fixed, now female sprites, and other character variation skins that rely on their first variant parts will no longer incorrectly load (hopefully).
Just download the mod again through this thread and install it in the mods folder.

I had downloaded your other mod to obtain the sprites, but on it they are instead XNB Files. How could I properly change them to PNG's, and if I cant, can you upload the PNG's here?

Also, are we allowed to simply find an already existing sprite and equip it, or does it have drawbacks or fixes to worry about?

No matter what I try, I keep having the same problem Lithium had some months ago: Female characters don't seem to work with the sprite I made for the head. It works perfectly fine with male characters, but not with females. I used the downloadlink in the first post, so I assume I got the version which should have that fixed, so I must be doing something wrong...?
I'm really sorry to bother you with this, but could you explain to me what I need to do to make the sprites work for females? The mod is wonderful and I am deeply grateful you took all the time to make it. I just wish to use it to its whole potential and obviously fail to do so somehow.

I had downloaded your other mod to obtain the sprites, but on it they are instead XNB Files. How could I properly change them to PNG's, and if I cant, can you upload the PNG's here?

Also, are we allowed to simply find an already existing sprite and equip it, or does it have drawbacks or fixes to worry about?
You need an application, I guess It's XNB Extractor, I'm sure you can find it on this forums.
But please take note that you will need to change the name of the sprites to the vanilla sprite name it is going to replace.
No matter what I try, I keep having the same problem Lithium had some months ago: Female characters don't seem to work with the sprite I made for the head. It works perfectly fine with male characters, but not with females. I used the downloadlink in the first post, so I assume I got the version which should have that fixed, so I must be doing something wrong...?
I'm really sorry to bother you with this, but could you explain to me what I need to do to make the sprites work for females? The mod is wonderful and I am deeply grateful you took all the time to make it. I just wish to use it to its whole potential and obviously fail to do so somehow.
I remember I launched an update fixing that issue, but in case I did but does not work yet...
I guess creating a sprite named "Player_4_0" for head will make it work.

I remember I launched an update fixing that issue, but in case I did but does not work yet...
I guess creating a sprite named "Player_4_0" for head will make it work.
Thank you so much for your fast answer! Sadly, I just tried making a Player_4_0 sprite, but it didn't change anything, sadly. :( I tried both placing it in the same folder as the Player_0_0 one and, when that did nothing, also placing it in its own folder, but that also didn't work.

Thank you so much for your fast answer! Sadly, I just tried making a Player_4_0 sprite, but it didn't change anything, sadly. :( I tried both placing it in the same folder as the Player_0_0 one and, when that did nothing, also placing it in its own folder, but that also didn't work.
That is really weird, I will check if the download link have the correct version of the mod.
Edit:. Link updated. Check out if the problem is solved or not.

That is really weird, I will check if the download link have the correct version of the mod.
Edit:. Link updated. Check out if the problem is solved or not.
The problem is solved, it works perfectly now! :D Thank you so much for your quick help and all the work you put into this!

No, I mean my custom sprites for the vanilla armors.
Based on the source:
Arms Sprites should be named "Armor_Arm_[id]"
Body Sprite "Armor_Body_[id]"
Head sprite "Armor_Head_[id]"
Legs sprite "Armor_Legs_[id]"
Female Body sprite "Female_Body_[id]"

Remember that the sprites must be .png files.

Based on the source:
Arms Sprites should be named "Armor_Arm_[id]"
Body Sprite "Armor_Body_[id]"
Head sprite "Armor_Head_[id]"
Legs sprite "Armor_Legs_[id]"
Female Body sprite "Female_Body_[id]"

Remember that the sprites must be .png files.
Yeah, I got that bit, even checked the wiki to be sure of the ids.

Not sure if you still check this thread/update the mod. Just wanted to let you know that ever since tmod loader labeled your mod as "old, use at own risk", it indeed crashes my game. I really miss using my custom sprites, so I thought I should let you know in case you ever want to fix it. Or maybe I'm just too dumb, but even a fresh install of Terraria with a fresh install of tmod loader on top of it doesn't resolve the issue for me.

The game crashes upon loading a world (even if character and world are brand-new) and gives me this error:
92z2ccca.png

Not sure if you still check this thread/update the mod. Just wanted to let you know that ever since tmod loader labeled your mod as "old, use at own risk", it indeed crashes my game. I really miss using my custom sprites, so I thought I should let you know in case you ever want to fix it. Or maybe I'm just too dumb, but even a fresh install of Terraria with a fresh install of tmod loader on top of it doesn't resolve the issue for me.

The game crashes upon loading a world (even if character and world are brand-new) and gives me this error:
92z2ccca.png
The mod is crashing because the new tModLoader uses the new Terraria font system, I will need to rebuild the mod, aswell as make a few changes, to make It playable on tmodloader again.

Back
Top Bottom