tModLoader Custom Player Sprites Mod

Do you mean latest CPS Mod update or latest tModLoader update?
Because the CPS version is the latest actually.

Ps:. You're one of the only persons who actually found my Steam profile, but I'm not used to add people I just met right away, unless there is a reason.

Outfits and gender that aren't default and male still don't work with the skins, and the Mega download is dated in May rather than June last I'd checked.

Last edited:
Outfits and gender that aren't default and male still don't work with the skins, and the Mega download is dated in May rather than June last I'd checked.
I didn't added support to other armor outfits, because I wondered that could cause the mod to be heavy, but that can be changed though.
The male/female sprite issues are still in? Do you have any extra input on what you were using on your character when that happened?
And the last update for the mod was in May.

By outfit I mean the ones integrated into the character, not individual armor.

And I'd thought there'd been an update in June either by getting my dates entirely wrong, or misunderstanding/assuming from this post:

I launched an update right now, the update will make so head sprites (head and eyes sprites) and body skin sprites (body, arms and legs) no longer gets the sprite information based on the outfit or gender you used on your character, so they are unissex and uni...out...fit..?
Well, both genders and any outfit will have the same face and body sprites now.

Ah, another thing you'll notice is that I forgot to change the update number. Oops.
Well, imagine that the update is actually 0.9.25.

I do have a few other mods, but I'd also tried disabling all of those but to no avail.

Attachments

• Terraria.png
    Terraria.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 231
  • Terraria_2018-07-05_02-32-02.png
    Terraria_2018-07-05_02-32-02.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 215
By outfit I mean the ones integrated into the character, not individual armor.

And I'd thought there'd been an update in June either by getting my dates entirely wrong, or misunderstanding/assuming from this post:

I do have a few other mods, but I'd also tried disabling all of those but to no avail.
I've.. Found out what is the problem, actually, I had two public folders destined to tMod Mods (nice name, isn't?), the problem is, only one of them I'm actually using for CPS Mod (which in this mod case, there is an entire folder destined to it), and I placed the new update on the old mod folder (which was the folder I used before changing the mod download directory).

Downloading the mod again will give you the correct version this time, in case of doubt, check out the date on the mega folder, meanwhile, I'll see if I can add Google Drive mirror too.

Not that I'm asking for a patch, but rather just informing an incompatibility, using Terraria Overhaul works surprisingly well, CPS still draws on-top of it, and animates properly, but for weapons that are meant to be held in that mod, specifically when you're standing still on the ground, they just continuously swing rather than being held normally, but works properly otherwise.

Last edited:
Not that I'm asking for a patch, but rather just informing an incompatibility, using Terraria Overhaul works surprisingly well, CPS still draws on-top of it, and animates properly, but for weapons that are meant to be held in that mod, specifically when you're standing still on the ground, they just continuously swing rather than being held normally, but works properly otherwise.
CPS Mod doesn't mess with held item animations, so that issue is actually really odd, I say.

Hmm, there's this weird glitch happening w/ every character I make that no one's mentioned yet. Every time I load a game with this mod enabled, one or two pixels on the sprite begin flickering between skin color and regular color every half-second or so. Here's a pic (took a bit to acquire) of the deviant pixels in question.
Hmmst.png
All I really want to do is add 4 pixels for a goatee, but 1. I kinda wanna know why this is happening in case I ever want to go further with player spriting, and 2. It bothers me :p

When I load my skin only the hair shows up, can anyone help?
For the skin swap to work, you need to name the skin files exactly like the original file, with only the difference of the file type, since must be .png.
For example, "Player_0_0.xnb" edit must be named "Player_0_0.png" on the edited file.
Hmm, there's this weird glitch happening w/ every character I make that no one's mentioned yet. Every time I load a game with this mod enabled, one or two pixels on the sprite begin flickering between skin color and regular color every half-second or so. Here's a pic (took a bit to acquire) of the deviant pixels in question.
View attachment 205732 All I really want to do is add 4 pixels for a goatee, but 1. I kinda wanna know why this is happening in case I ever want to go further with player spriting, and 2. It bothers me :p
I have noticed that kind of issue before too, at least when I were testing the idle animation of the werewolf skin from another mod of mine, but I weren't able to find what causes that, I'm not sure if it's either human mistake, or if there is a bug when the game loads certain sprites, because everytime I loaded the game and the animation played, the same problem appeared again.

For the skin swap to work, you need to name the skin files exactly like the original file, with only the difference of the file type, since must be .png.
For example, "Player_0_0.xnb" edit must be named "Player_0_0.png" on the edited file.

I have done that.

Another thing I should mention is that the skin is for the female player sprites, would that effect it?

I have done that.

Another thing I should mention is that the skin is for the female player sprites, would that effect it?
I thought I fixed that issue.

Another player complained about that bug some time ago, you may even scroll up the page to see the posts, I found out that was mistake on my part that it happened.
I dunno if the issue happened for you for using Google Drive link, but I put my Drive folder to update, so try downloading the mod again and seeying if the bug vanishes, because It has been fixed. In case it doesn't, then maybe the bug didn't vanish at all :/.

I thought I fixed that issue.

Another player complained about that bug some time ago, you may even scroll up the page to see the posts, I found out that was mistake on my part that it happened.
I dunno if the issue happened for you for using Google Drive link, but I put my Drive folder to update, so try downloading the mod again and seeying if the bug vanishes, because It has been fixed. In case it doesn't, then maybe the bug didn't vanish at all :/.
Yeah, it didn't go away. I just updated and it's still not working.

Sure, here.
I'm testing here, and definitelly there is something wrong, I'm going to check out CPS scripts and see if I can find the issue.

Do notice though, that Female_Body_32.png isn't with transparency, the background is entirelly white. It isn't related to the issue, but I guess that wasn't what you intended to do for the skin.

Edit:. It's really weird, the other mod skins are loading correctly on a female character sprite, I've even placed the head file of the Raccoon skin on your skin folder, and it loaded when I selected your skin on the list, but the other skin files didn't loaded.

Did you do something special with the skin files when saving? Like changing some options on the image editor?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom