tModLoader Custom Player Sprites Mod

214135-68beedb83e29b7bc7a4d4a0c2ebd2b97.jpg
Works very well! Thank you!

Attachments

• Capture 2018-12-01 07_53_11.png
    Capture 2018-12-01 07_53_11.png
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,255
Hi!
Dunno if you're still on this mod since it's been a while since the last entry but whatever.
I found your mod, took a great liking to it and wanted to make use of it. Single player it all works perfect, no problems.
In multi-player however it appears that when the different players change skins the other players cannot see the changed skin of the player.
All players have the mod and all of the used and tested skins installed and in the correct place.
Do you think you have the time and energy to fix this? If not I'll try to lay hands on the whole thing myself but I hold little knowledge about information exchange between players

There is currently no syncing of player skins on multiplayer, and I'm not messing with any tModLoader mods right now.
Edit:. I'll try to see what I can do about that matter.

Edit2:. Sorry, I couldn't make the skin sync work, even got a friend to help me try testing the multiplayer sync of the mod, but it simply doesn't send or receive the messages, so, no syncing yet.

Thank you for the quick reply first off!
There is currently no syncing of player skins on multiplayer, and I'm not messing with any tModLoader mods right now.
[...]
Edit2:. Sorry, I couldn't make the skin sync work, even got a friend to help me try testing the multiplayer sync of the mod, but it simply doesn't send or receive the messages, so, no syncing yet.
I will then proceed to try things myself and see how it goes. Should I come across a way to make multi-player skin syncing a thing would you be interested to implement that in the mod?

Thank you for the quick reply first off!

I will then proceed to try things myself and see how it goes. Should I come across a way to make multi-player skin syncing a thing would you be interested to implement that in the mod?
Of course.

I've made A hair sprite, just convert my file to .xnb extension (This can help you) drop the .xnb file in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Content\Images" then choose the hair 50 on character creation.
Player_Hair_50.png
[doublepost=1547855051,1547854958][/doublepost]Unfortunaly, the forum doesn't allow me to give you guys the converted file. :dryadsad:

That hair looks great, but if you are using the CPS Mod, you just would need to make a folder for the skin and place the file inside, there is no need to convert.

Hi,
I have a problem using the mod so I was wondering if there is something I miss. I have done:
1. Downloaded the mod
2. Opened the zip file and moved the .tmod file to "C:\Users\Computer\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods"
3. Extracted the PlayerSkins.zip file into "C:\Users\Computer\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\PlayerSkins"
4. Opened TerrariaMod
5. Enabled CPSMod
6. Reloaded mods
7. Typed "/skin" ingame but nothing happened (except it showed in the chat "/skin")
8. Used the mirror but it just works as regular mirror does

Is there something I am missing. If not ill accept that this mod isn't compatible with tModLoader v0.10.1.5 // Terraria v1.3.5.2

EDIT: Omg this actually scared me abit but however...After all its working, it just gave me wrong mirror...I found out using the HERO's mod...I'm so happy! Great mod! I love the GUI.

Last edited:
Wait, no. lol I mean I got regular mirror and when opened HERO's mod i saw a weird item and i checked it, it was the right mirror. It worked with it.

To fix it, you need to actually install skins on the mod.
On the link where you downloaded the mod, has a zip named "PlayerSkins.zip", download it and extract it.
Then go to "My Documents", go to the directory "My Games\Terraria\ModLoader" and move the PlayerSkins folder you just extracted to that directory.

To install or even create your own skins, create/place a folder inside PlayerSkins with the skin name, then inside place the .png files relative to the body parts you want the skin to change.
That's all!

To fix it, you need to actually install skins on the mod.
On the link where you downloaded the mod, has a zip named "PlayerSkins.zip", download it and extract it.
Then go to "My Documents", go to the directory "My Games\Terraria\ModLoader" and move the PlayerSkins folder you just extracted to that directory.

To install or even create your own skins, create/place a folder inside PlayerSkins with the skin name, then inside place the .png files relative to the body parts you want the skin to change.
That's all!

Thanks

I don't remember making a female lihzahrd torax sprite.
Beside It's really weird the fact that it disappears.

Ok atleast try making one
[doublepost=1549753926,1549753347][/doublepost]I figured out that the problem was some shirt styles when you change it the torso disapears because it doesnt have a related body part

Ok atleast try making one
[doublepost=1549753926,1549753347][/doublepost]I figured out that the problem was some shirt styles when you change it the torso disapears because it doesnt have a related body part
That means the script of replacing sprites is still bugged when there is no female sprite :/.

Is this mod still alive and current? It doesn't appear to have had any new updates since patch 10.1.1 and I'm kind of interested in using it, but would obviously like it to be working and current.

The mod isn't in development anymore, but nobody complained about it not working or anything on the latest tModLoader version, so I guess It still works.
The only thing you need to notice is that It wont sync skin settings on multiplayer, so the character skin is client-side only.

Back
Top Bottom