Custom Texture Pack Not Working

GeNeSiS 4

Official Terrarian
I have a problem: I made a custom Texture Pack, after the format of the Calamity Pack (That is to say, i copied it, and changed the "Pack.json" file and changed the image files). This texture pack, although i tried optimizing all aspects and googling tutorials, when i started up Terraria, the pack name and the icon were there, but, when I enabled the pack, nothing changed in-game.

I have a problem: I made a custom Texture Pack, after the format of the Calamity Pack (That is to say, i copied it, and changed the "Pack.json" file and changed the image files). This texture pack, although i tried optimizing all aspects and googling tutorials, when i started up Terraria, the pack name and the icon were there, but, when I enabled the pack, nothing changed in-game.
I don’t recommend doing this. Doing this might mess up the files especially if you extract zipped files. Make sure that your textures are found inside of an images folder (or any appropriate folder inside the images folder), which in turn is inside a Content folder inside your texture pack folder. Considering that the icon and texture pack shows up, there is nothing wrong with the icon or .json files.

All the stuff (except the json and the icon) are inside a folder called "Content" that is inside another carpet (with the json and the icon) called whatever you want?

I can see it in the "texture packs" part of the start screen in Terraria.
thing is, when i activate it, it changes none of the sprites that i meant to edit.

I don’t recommend doing this. Doing this might mess up the files especially if you extract zipped files. Make sure that your textures are found inside of an images folder (or any appropriate folder inside the images folder), which in turn is inside a Content folder inside your texture pack folder. Considering that the icon and texture pack shows up, there is nothing wrong with the icon or .json files.
i made it like that... it shows up in terraria under "texture packs" with the intended icon, yet when i activate it, it wont change the sprites.

i made it like that... it shows up in terraria under "texture packs" with the intended icon, yet when i activate it, it wont change the sprites.
Perhaps the sprites have different size and the game goes crazy and stupid, or is reading the file with correct size but no changes done; somehow there are multiple same sprites files overthere.
I was changing the nurse but i changed the wrong file, it were two XNB with the sprite of the nurse, so it doesn't work until i changed the other.
Make sure you changed the correct file.

maybe i should just give up.
No bro, don't say that, keep in, perhaps it's hard, but not impossible; keep trying, it will work. Send screenshots, they will help to get more accurate solutions. These threads are maded for fix all kind of texture pack problems, and their people will help with pleasure, keep asking. :D

I was using the wiki for it.... I just tried using TConvert and changed them to XNB and it still doesn't seem to work

Hi, I'm from Russia, so I apologize for my bad English. Initially, I just replaced the textures in the game itself and everything worked. But then I wanted to transfer them to a texture pack and now I only have one texture working. All files in xnb format are compressed as much as possible (4-5 kb). What to do?

Hi, I'm from Russia, so I apologize for my bad English. Initially, I just replaced the textures in the game itself and everything worked. But then I wanted to transfer them to a texture pack and now I only have one texture working. All files in xnb format are compressed as much as possible (4-5 kb). What to do?
I would like to avoid changing the game files themselves. i want to be able to switch back and forth.

Back
Top Bottom