Wavebank Custom Wave Bank Creation and Installation - 1.3.4.X, beyond

Where did you put it? It should be working because I was using it.
Or perhaps that wavebank is missing a track.

Last edited:
So
When I tried to compress and build the wavebank, I got this message.
What did I do wrong? I re-downloaded 01, Google results end up going nowhere, and I don't even know what "doesn't take advises" means.
Please help me I've been doing this for over 5 hours.
EDIT: Ok, so I got it to build... But I had to take it off of xWMA. Is it crucial to the wavebank?
EDIT 2: Found out it was a size issue. Shortened the tracks, will work my :red: off tomorrow. Although I still have a question; in Terraria, do the tracks automatically loop when a song ends? Or does it leave with eerie silence?
EDIT 3: Got it to work after a few hours of shortening the music. It was all a storage problem. Guide was very helpful, thanks!

Last edited:
I keep on getting an error that says "Unknown error: 17.wav Unspecified error" each time it hits 17 when I'm building the wave bank.
help.PNG

If you are having trouble navigating to your folder via command line, just open the folder via File Explorer and replace the path in the location bar with "cmd".
I keep on getting an error that says "Unknown error: 17.wav Unspecified error" each time it hits 17 when I'm building the wave bank.View attachment 168878
Check track 17. Is it a 44.1 kHz wav, and 16-bit signed? Check all your wavefiles to see if they all are. XNA is picky if it's a format that is out of the bounds it is re-encoding to.

Which workload should I download for visual studio? The Universal Windows Platform Development? Please let me know. Thanks.

What if I wanted to have an introductory part of a song, followed by a loop?
Nevermind that, but I have a different question. Does the game autoloop the files included in the wavebank?

Last edited:
My Terraria is playing no sound, the slider also moves back to 0% every time. I read what he said about your wavebank file not being up to date, what does that mean?

(im also using Xact 3.0)

im placing in order the wave banks but it alway changes to another
If I'm thinking what you are thinking, try adding a number or something in front of each song's name to correspond to each entry.
For example, if you want a song for Night, name your song something like "01 - Night - [your song name for Night goes here]", then do "02 - Eerie - [your song name for Eerie goes here]", and continue for each song.
Hope this helps!

yeah it worked as i placed it i discovered that doesn't matter the order that they appear just the order you must place it i finally maked a crash bandicoot one
If I'm thinking what you are thinking, try adding a number or something in front of each song's name to correspond to each entry.
For example, if you want a song for Night, name your song something like "01 - Night - [your song name for Night goes here]", then do "02 - Eerie - [your song name for Eerie goes here]", and continue for each song.
Hope this helps!

Found a wavebank on here that I wanted but the link was broken and the author away, so I figured I'd try making it myself.
I have all the tools; new to xact, but am not a stranger to using audacity. I see the files need to be in .wav format, 16-bit 44100Hz.

My question is, do I need to change the rate and sample format of the imported song I'm using itself, or can I just change the dropdown in the bottom-left corner to 44100Hz and it work? Reason I ask is (aside from avoiding errors later) I tried setting the rate to 44100Hz and sample format to 16-bit PCM, but it made the song longer making making the playback sound slowed.

EDIT: Nevermind, just changing the dropdown was enough. Wavebank's finished and I'm off to post it now. Thanks all for the information. :merchantgrin:

Last edited:
I'm concerned because when I try to install the XNA Game Studio, it just fails while trying to install. It even says that it's an "outdated version". I have windows 10 so maybe that's the case? Could I have help please?

I'm concerned because when I try to install the XNA Game Studio, it just fails while trying to install. It even says that it's an "outdated version". I have windows 10 so maybe that's the case? Could I have help please?

Try installing "games for Windows live" first and try again, it should work now, at least that worked for me when i couldnt install xna...

can someone help me?
i change my wavebank but nothing change.
can someone say for me if is the tmodloader block new wavebanks?

I have an issue. when I try to add the Compression Preset, the program says `this implementation doesn't take advices`(the image Wave is what it says) when I try to press f7. when I don't use the compression preset, it says the wavebank is bigger than 4g. can someone help?

Attachments

• Wave.png
    Wave.png
    144.3 KB · Views: 228
Back
Top Bottom