Game Mechanics Customizable Dungeon Colors

Do you support the customizable dungeon colors?

• Total voters
You might enjoy ForTheWorthy then, Every Dungeon is painted in a random deep paint color. Note that the difficulty is far higher though

Do you mean the entire dungeon is a random color out of 62^6 colors? Or that each brick can be a different color? Option two is way to much memory consumption and just shouldn’t work.

Yes that numbe is correct. Each spot in a hex code can be a letter, uppercase letter, or one of ten digits. This makes 62 options per spot and there are six spots equaling 56,800,235,584 colors.

Do you mean the entire dungeon is a random color out of 62^6 colors? Or that each brick can be a different color? Option two is way to much memory consumption and just shouldn’t work.

Yes that numbe is correct. Each spot in a hex code can be a letter, uppercase letter, or one of ten digits. This makes 62 options per spot and there are six spots equaling 56,800,235,584 colors.
Obviously option one -_-

yeah i meant option 1

Hex is only 16. It shouldn't be case sensitive, 0F and 0f are the same, just normally it is always uppercase.
It also only has the letters A through F.

Otherwise, I'm pretty sure it would be hex.

Terraria generally uses hex values for customisation, but if too many colours are an issue then using RGB values might be easier.
255 x 255 x 255 = 16581375, which is still a bloody ton, don't get me wrong, but most games with RGB customisation can handle it anyway, so I think she'll be right.
Besides why would anybody want a dungeon that's completely random colours, that's weird.
And you're forgetting that dungeons do not have infinite numbers of bricks, so memory wouldn't really be THAT bad of an issue.

In the end I'm pretty sure that the way paints and tiles work in the game wouldn't allow much of a range anyway.
There's a reason why paints end up being such an issue.

Though, perhaps could be interesting if there was something that allowed setting the paint for the dungeon or something though.

In the end I'm pretty sure that the way paints and tiles work in the game wouldn't allow much of a range anyway.
There's a reason why paints end up being such an issue.

Though, perhaps could be interesting if there was something that allowed setting the paint for the dungeon or something though.
at least choosing out of the 3 colours we have already would be good.
best we can do right now is use TEdit to change the tiles.

Back
Top Bottom