is this a good idea

• Yes

• No

• Absolutely yes

• Absolutely no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Plm1123

Skeletron Prime
This would include an option to make customizable worlds (with special precautions to make sure it's not used to cheat)

You also have to find that structure, ore, or achieve hardmode or unlock a gold chest first (etc) before you can use an option that changes that specific part*
credit for idea to Milamber 33

World size

How many enemies can be on the screen at once**

How common each event is**

Whether it has corruption, crimson, or both

How long the day and night cycle is**

How big the ocean is**

How many caves there are and cave size**

Dungeon color

How common different ores are**

If it starts out in hardmode

How common and big different structures are (pyramids, flying islands, jungle shrines, etc.)**

If certain chests and doors are locked (you could make doors and chests that are normally locked unlocked or vice versa)

And biome size (although smaller biomes make the purity larger)**

Only between 50%-250%
Credit to Milamber33

There will be specially made characters that can enter customized worlds but not normal worlds to prevent cheating by taking resources from the customized worlds to normal worlds (these special characters will be customizable as well by increasing or decreasing health or mana as well as choosing their starting inventory)

This could be used to make easier worlds or (as i would use it) really hard worlds

Last edited:
Support at least some of the above, but how about before you can make a customised world with a particular feature you have to get it in a random world first? No need for restricting characters from the worlds then, and honestly I don't see the point of that anyway. If you want to farm a secondary world for a particular resource type, rarity isn't that big an obstacle to overcome when there's no limit on the number of worlds you can make and destroy.

Support at least some of the above, but how about before you can make a customised world with a particular feature you have to get it in a random world first? No need for restricting characters from the worlds then, and honestly I don't see the point of that anyway. If you want to farm a secondary world for a particular resource type, rarity isn't that big an obstacle to overcome when there's no limit on the number of worlds you can make and destroy.
I like that idea, and about the character restrictions, what if they made it have a ton of sword shrines in order to get arkhalis, I see what you're saying, but I still want to keep them from filling the sky with tons of flying islands or making the world have huge amounts of chests, or unlocking all shadow and dungeon chests and then make the enemy spawn cap 1 (the lowest), however I will definitely implement idea of getting the items in a random world first, thanks for the feedback

I like that idea, and about the character restrictions, what if they made it have a ton of sword shrines in order to get arkhalis, I see what you're saying, but I still want to keep them from filling the sky with tons of flying islands or making the world have huge amounts of chests, or unlocking all shadow and dungeon chests and then make the enemy spawn cap 1 (the lowest), however I will definitely implement idea of getting the items in a random world first, thanks for the feedback
Hmmm...
I think that rather than restricting characters which can enter the worlds, a better solution is to have saner limits on what can be generated. Honestly the game engine would probably prevent some of the more absurd cases anyway, but the base enemy spawn cap shouldn't be able to be lowered below what you would get with a peace candle or sunflower present in a normal world IMO. Maybe the range should be 50%-200% of the normal value for each variable? And things like enemy spawn rate you can't adjust until after defeating the Moon Lord?

Hmmm...
I think that rather than restricting characters which can enter the worlds, a better solution is to have saner limits on what can be generated. Honestly the game engine would probably prevent some of the more absurd cases anyway, but the base enemy spawn cap shouldn't be able to be lowered below what you would get with a peace candle or sunflower present in a normal world IMO. Maybe the range should be 50%-200% of the normal value for each variable? And things like enemy spawn rate you can't adjust until after defeating the Moon Lord?
A percentage is a good idea.

probably it should not allow player to choose amount of enemyes, but it should allow to increase mountain height, water amount, dungeon size, etc

I'd be happy to have customization that allowed you to change the proportion of spawned biomes. I'm in the middle of trying to terraform an entire world's surface to desert in lieu of being able to do so at the outset.

The rest seems more cheat mode than anything, but I don't have an opinion on whether or not it's present.

Back
Top Bottom