Switch D-pad and left analog stick

Danttebayo

Terrarian
Hi,

I used to play the PC version of Terraria and have recently gotten the Switch version which (though expensive) is awesome. The only thing holding it back (besides getting 1.4 someday) is the fact that you have no choice but to control your character with the left analog stick. This really reduces the usefulness of accessories such as the Shield of Cthulhu or the Master Ninja Gear (or anything that requires a double-tap in a particular direction). I thought it would be sort of a hybrid of controls in that the right analog stick would take over the functionality of the PC mouse and the left the keyboard. I think they've done a great job on all the controls except for that one thing. Is there any chance at all that we could ever be given the option to use the D-pad to control your character? Is there some other aspect that I'm not thinking of? I haven't explored all classes or types so maybe I'm missing something...

Thanks in advance.

I believe with some controllers, you can modify their inputs via a PC so that the D-pad will function as the L stick

Back
Top Bottom