Xbox One d pad hotbar

tommyboy05

Official Terrarian
hi i used to play old gen console so i got really used to the dpad hotbar, but it seems to be missing and i would like it back

oh really, wdym?
Go into the settings for controller, theres a list of keybinds for Hotbar 1 to 0(by default they're un-mapped), map up, down, left and right to 1 2 3 and 4 and put the items you want to swap between in slot 1, 2, 3 and 4 on your hotbar. It doesn't exactly replicate the dpad hotbar setting we used to have in 1.3, but it's close enough.

Hi there @tommyboy05 I don’t believe that the dpad binding will be coming back. But you can bind your hot bar slots.
I’m glad to say that I was wrong. D-Pad Hotbar is back.

See this post for all the info and videos: A Road Well Traveled - Terraria: Journey's End Launches on Xbox & PlayStation!

FIXED (Oct 19 - Release v1.4.0.5.4.4, Build 765)
  • "Classic" scheme has been changed to be the closest match Red's Pick from the Console 1.3 Era (though it retains the ability to remap/add all of the new functions available with 1.4)
  • D-Pad Cursor Snap feature from RL/PW can be achieved by binding dpad to Grid Snap (see video below)
  • D-Pad Hotbar feature from RL/PW can be achieved by binding the four dpad directions to Dynamic Hotbar 1-4 (see video below)
  • Grapple is now bound to B again, along with Interact - Interact may be bound to whatever button players have assigned for Secondary Fire or Grapple, but not any others in order to avoid numerous conflicts and edge case issues.
  • Fixed an issue where the system was wrongly capping the maximum number of worlds at 10, but the UI was not recognizing this cap. The world/map cap is now 30 as originally intended, and the UI will enforce this (no New button if you have 30 or more worlds)
  • Fixed an issue with not being able to add more offline players to splitscreen on PS4
  • Fixed the mouse scroll wheel issues on PS4 and Xbox
  • Fixed lag spikes caused by the growth of Pumpkins
  • Fixed Player 2+ in split screen not being able to see the Traveling Merchant's wares
  • Fixed Thunderstorms in splitscreen causing blocks to become invisible
  • Fixed time being frozen in non-journey worlds when joining a MP session from the tutorial
  • Fixed the Angler's quests not being updated for Clients in a MP session
  • Fixed treasure bags only being dropped for one person in MP or Split screen
  • Fixed Dungeon Casters and other Projectile weapons' VFX not showing in the left hand side of the world
  • Fixed Geodes not being able to be thrown on the ground to open them

Back
Top Bottom