NPCs & Enemies Daedalus & Midas NPC's & Minotaur Bosses

SpiritInfinity

Skeletron Prime
The marble and granite mini-biomes are large parts of the 1.3 update, which are scattered across the map on world generation and there are a lot of them. But they don't have very much influence on the main objectives and have very few weapons which either can be replaced by better or have extremely low drop chances. And as for the night vision helmet, I don't think anyone would use it for any reason other than vanity. So, here are my suggestions to add a little bit more to these almost useless mini-biomes that just need a bit more influence on gameplay.

Minos NPC

Sprite by @kciwdahC :D
EksVHbR.png

• Found in granite mini-biome with villa structure spawned in outer thirds of the underworld, with no lava.
  • Spawns the Minotaur Boss
  • When talked to will say "The king has only sent one to my island this year? " or "This is an outrage. There should be more of you." or "I hope you don't mind my pets breath. You won't smell it for long."
  • When you press "close" the Minotaur boss will be summoned. Much like skeletron but without warning.
  • Minotaur boss is summoned after these events (if not defeated Minos respawns)
Minotaur Boss
Sprite By @kciwdahC -
5qg4fyj.png

Health - 6000 (9000 on expert)
Damage - 40 (Melee and Axes)
Defence - 10
AI Type - Minotaur AI
KB Resist - 100%
Immune to lava

AI:
3 types of attack in random pattern.
Stands on two feet and throw two ricocheting axes that will remain throughout the fight, making the fight harder over time.
Charges at the player on all fours (Thx for the suggestion @kciwdahC)
Stands on two feet and belows while beating it's chest and roaring - inflicts intimidated debuff on player (-10% Damage, -10% Knockback Dealt, -10% Movement Speed)

Drops:

Damascus Steel - 100%, 35-50 - Sprite by @kciwdahC
nPj0AUE.png

Crafts Damascus Steel Knives (10 Damascus Steel) - Another sprite by @kciwdahC
h1y1iJm.png

Throws five knives out (Basically vamp knives with no healing effect and lower damage)
10 Melee Damage
Knockback - 3
Max stack - 1
Velocity - 15
Critical Strike Chance - 4%
Crafted at Anvil

Cornucopia - 0.5% Drop Chance
Click to apply 3 minutes of well fed

Instead of being obtained from crates, will drop the tartar sauce pet item (25%)

Dilithium Throwing Axe - 25% Drop chance (2)
K31sMeS.png
(Yes I know it contradicts the minotaur sprite, I made this before it but didn't post it)
Boomerang Type Weapon
Damage - 48 (Melee)
Knockback - 8
Max Stack - 2
Velocity - 12
Critical Strike Chance - 30%
Use Time - 16

Shrivelled Minotaur Head
Accessory
Enemies are less likely to target you
Decreases knockback dealt to nearby players and yourself
+3 Defence

Someone leave a comment on what else the Minotaur should drop! I'm not being lazy, I just want the community to decide :D

Hardmode:

Time Travel Unit:
Crated From:
300 Martian Conduit Plating
30 Shroomite Bars
30 Spectre Bars
30 Chlorophyte Bars
15 Beetle Shell
15 Damascus Steel
Ancient Blueprints
Crafted at Daedalus's Workbench
When used, takes you to another world, like the normal terraria one but much smaller, bosses cannot be spawned and only contains the tin - platinum tier ores. However, hell still exists.
Most structures cannot be found, however the dungeon can still be found as well as two new structures in hell and the sky.
Tooltip: The chameleon technology is broken.
Now a lot of people may know what this looks like.

Daedalus's Workbench
Crafted From:
30 Damascus Steel
6 Ancient Fragments (1% Drop Chance: Medusa, Granite Golem, Hoplite, Granite Elemental)

The New Structures!

The Labyrinth
Similar to the dungeon, but... different.
Includes Following Mobs:
Minotaur
Exactly the same as the pre-hardmode boss but spawn as a mini-boss in a similar fashion to Paladins and has even higher health on expert mode and higher defence (60). Also smaller to fit and drops Imperial Bronze Instead of Damascus Steel.

Cyclops:
Same stats as Pre-HM Minotaur however uses Fighter AI
Drops Imperial Bronze, Cyclop's Hammer & Dilithium Anvil.

Also spawns highly buffed up Medusa's & Hoplites which drop Imperial Bronze.

Imperial Bronze has it's own set of weapons and armour focused on melee and summoner class, with damage modifiers to each (I reckon I don't need to provide stats for these, if it is implemented the dev's can probably come up with them easily)

Gates Of Hell:
Spawned at very edge of map in hell
Inside contains Cerberus Boss
Requires Daedalus's Key to open
When gates are opened the Cerburus boss will attack the player

I'll bring more light on Cerberus and The Gates of Hell.. later...

Last edited:
I really like Greek mythology, so i'd love to see this in the game. I do have a few points of critisism, though. Firstly, I think a 'town' NPC that attacks the player (even without actually hurting them) might be a bit confusing for players who don't know about this whole thing beforehand, especially for the ones that don't have minions with them. I also don't really see why having minions would protect you from Midas's powers. Another thing that doesn't really make sense is how Midas summons (or turns into?) the Minotaur, since for as far as I'm concerned there isn't really a connection between the two in mythology. My last (and definitely largest) point would be that the boss could use a better and more unique AI. Maybe he could sometimes start walking on all fours and charge at the player, or he could inflict bleeding, or he could spit fire, idfk. One thing that I'd definitely add to his AI is the ability to walk on lava. If this whole thing happens in the underworld, that seems like a very important part of his AI to me.
I have a little question to add to this as well: what would happen to Midas after the player defeats (or is defeated by) the Minotaur? Would he just remain in his villa, or would he disappear, or what?
There is still a bunch of things missing from this suggestion and especially the boss, but that makes sense since it is still WIP, so I can't say much about that. Don't forget to add a way to spawn him after the initial fight is done, though. Maybe some new enemy could spawn in the underworld that would drop a spawning item or an item to craft a spawning item with, something like that.

I really like Greek mythology, so i'd love to see this in the game. I do have a few points of critisism, though. Firstly, I think a 'town' NPC that attacks the player (even without actually hurting them) might be a bit confusing for players who don't know about this whole thing beforehand, especially for the ones that don't have minions with them. I also don't really see why having minions would protect you from Midas's powers. Another thing that doesn't really make sense is how Midas summons (or turns into?) the Minotaur, since for as far as I'm concerned there isn't really a connection between the two in mythology. My last (and definitely largest) point would be that the boss could use a better and more unique AI. Maybe he could sometimes start walking on all fours and charge at the player, or he could inflict bleeding, or he could spit fire, idfk. One thing that I'd definitely add to his AI is the ability to walk on lava. If this whole thing happens in the underworld, that seems like a very important part of his AI to me.
I have a little question to add to this as well: what would happen to Midas after the player defeats (or is defeated by) the Minotaur? Would he just remain in his villa, or would he disappear, or what?
There is still a bunch of things missing from this suggestion and especially the boss, but that makes sense since it is still WIP, so I can't say much about that. Don't forget to add a way to spawn him after the initial fight is done, though. Maybe some new enemy could spawn in the underworld that would drop a spawning item or an item to craft a spawning item with, something like that.

Thanks for the review, and also-

To answer your criticisms:
1. Don't most people look up most things about a game like this on a wiki first? Or is it just me?
2. Ok I will change that.
3. The link in mythology (that I understand) Is that the Minotaur lives within the labyrinth within Midas's palace. It doesn't have any link to the gold myth but it's the same guy doing evil stuff. So it would effectively be his pet.
4. Good idea.
5. Yeah I am just getting started, I have a ton of stuff in my head.

Edit: And as for it breathing fire, well, just you wait ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:
1. Don't most people look up most things about a game like this on a wiki first? Or is it just me?
I do it as well, but I don't think it should be almost necessary for people to do to understand what to do in a game. Of course it wouldn't be quiet that bad with this suggestion since most people would have a minion or two with them at this point in the game, but still. Just my opinion, of course.
3. The link in mythology (that I understand) Is that the Minotaur lives within the labyrinth within Midas's palace. It doesn't have any link to the gold myth but it's the same guy doing evil stuff. So it would effectively be his pet.
It was actually the king Minos of Crete who put the minotaur in the labyrinth, not Midas. I can see where the confusion comes from, though.
Edit: And as for it breathing fire, well, just you wait ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
oh no

Perhaps an aegis accessory would make for a good drop, an equippable shield that reduces received knockback and gives a chance for either struck enemies to be stoned or attackers to be stoned for some period of time. It would also give immunity to the debuff from medusa.
Obviously bosses would have to be immune to the "stoned" debuff.

(Since I'm not quite certain where this boss would rank in the general game progression, I'm hesitant to make it give complete knockback immunity and make the cobalt shield obsolete except as a material.)

Perhaps an aegis accessory would make for a good drop, an equippable shield that reduces received knockback and gives a chance for either struck enemies to be stoned or attackers to be stoned for some period of time. It would also give immunity to the debuff from medusa.
Obviously bosses would have to be immune to the "stoned" debuff.

(Since I'm not quite certain where this boss would rank in the general game progression, I'm hesitant to make it give complete knockback immunity and make the cobalt shield obsolete except as a material.)
Don't worry, I have PLENTY of greek themed materials and weapons coming up. Including Aegis ;)

Completely awesome! Really like it. Was kind of bored of just fighting the Medusa and hoppit.
Well a suggestion for the summoning item. The minotaur can be summoned using the "broken horn" which can be crafted using:
20 granite
2 ancient fragments.
Also using two horns simultaneously will inflict a debuff which will make the fight really tough. Not yet got a perfect debuff though, will post it later.

Last edited:
Completely awesome! Really like it. Was kind of bored of just fighting the Medusa and hoppit.
Well a suggestion for the summoning item. The minotaur can be summoned using the "broken horn" which can be crafted using:
20 granite
2 ancient fragments.
Also using two horns simultaneously will inflict a debuff which will make the fight really tough. Not yet got a perfect debuff though, will post it later.
That's a good idea, but I have an idea for a re-summon where it will spawn as a mini-boss in the Ancient Greece dungeon.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437999714,1437999685][/DOUBLEPOST]I'll update it now.

I decided to make a couple of sprites for your suggestion:
The Minos NPC:
EksVHbR.png

And Damascus Steel, with matching Knives:
nPj0AUE.png
FbUevbq.png

Speaking of Damascus Steel, I think it should have more uses than just the time travel unit and the knives. Not necessarily an armour set and everything, maybe just a couple more weapons.

Last edited:
I decided to make a couple of sprites for your suggestion:
The Minos NPC:
EksVHbR.png

And Damascus Steel, with matching Knives:
nPj0AUE.png
h1y1iJm.png

Speaking of Damascus Steel, I think it should have more uses than just the time travel unit and the knives. Not necessarily an armour set and everything, maybe just a couple more weapons.
Wow, thanks :D

Back
Top Bottom