Weapons & Equip Daedalus Stormbow a little OP?

Yeah they should nerf it to 20 damage or reduce firing speed

Now, now, no need to make the thing useless. That's a knee-jerk reaction, the kinda thing that Blizzard is famous for.

I was thinking rather than nerfing the bow buffing the mimic or lowering drop rate.

Doesn't matter if you buff the mimic, or even lower the drop rate (since the Dart Pistol/Rifle are similarly OP from what people are saying), it more sounds like the Darts and the Stormbow are mostly intended to be that powerful, though perhaps a little over the top, so I propose mild nerfs (-5 or so damage) and then buffing 1.1 items so that we have some better balance as I mentioned above.

I think the power of the Stormbow and perhaps the Dart guns are a little over the top, but not so bad we need to smash them into the ground. I think, the problem is more the lack of balance and progression, and it is more than just the Bow and Dart guns; as I mentioned earlier, the Fishing weapons put some of the other early hardmode weapons to shame.

So what do we do, nerf all of those too?

No, I think buffing the older stuff is a better answer.

Now, now, no need to make the thing useless. That's a knee-jerk reaction, the kinda thing that Blizzard is famous for.

Doesn't matter if you buff the mimic, or even lower the drop rate (since the Dart Pistol/Rifle are similarly OP from what people are saying), it more sounds like the Darts and the Stormbow are mostly intended to be that powerful, though perhaps a little over the top, so I propose mild nerfs (-5 or so damage) and then buffing 1.1 items so that we have some better balance as I mentioned above.

I think the power of the Stormbow and perhaps the Dart guns are a little over the top, but not so bad we need to smash them into the ground. I think, the problem is more the lack of balance and progression, and it is more than just the Bow and Dart guns; as I mentioned earlier, the Fishing weapons put some of the other early hardmode weapons to shame.

So what do we do, nerf all of those too?

No, I think buffing the older stuff is a better answer.
I agree, the only reason the stormbow is OP is just because it's better than every other option out there, so the other options need to be made better. Hallowed armor is already a waste of bars (Frost armor is the way to go unless you use magic or summons) and there are a lot of weapons (can't remember off the top of my head) that I used in my play-through that skipped all of the hardmode ore weapons, even to chlorophyte level, and I didn't improve my armor till chlorophyte either, so something is a little bit wrong from a progression standpoint. I guess it comes down to how much of an RPG Terraria really is.

RPG or Sandbox? I think progression is the deciding factor in which of those categories this game falls into.

The Stormbow is OP. I'm sure we can all agree on that.
I think it might be worth cutting down the amount of arrows per shot, maybe? Because it fires multiple, it is quite literally a storm of arrows. Making it less intense in that regard could work.

Another idea, is that one could give the bow a "primary" fire mode like other bows (Pulse, Hellwing, etc) whose function only works with wooden arrows, and make sure the bow's base damage is adjusted to make up for the fact you're using weak arrows.

That way you could get your cool looking arrow storm without the Holy Arrow cheese.

Another idea, is that one could give the bow a "primary" fire mode like other bows (Pulse, Hellwing, etc) whose function only works with wooden arrows, and make sure the bow's base damage is adjusted to make up for the fact you're using weak arrows.

That way you could get your cool looking arrow storm without the Holy Arrow cheese.
That's perfect. Perfect as in "no possible improvements at all because it's that good."

Meh, it's good. Not OP. The mimic weapons are meant to be the strongest pretty mech items. Personally I preferred the dart pistol because it can apply affects easier and great in enclosed spaces. I took down golem with it.

yeah, i used melee adamantite armor and full warding prefixes and stomped the mech bosses in expert mode using the DSB and holy arrows. i think both of those need a nerf.

The Stormbow, though, I'd have to say is the worst offender I've seen. Yeah, sure, we've all seen that "WOW 12k DPS WITH FERAL CLAWS!" pic before, but that's a gimmick; that only works on 1 boss, and only because he's segmented (only the EoW is similar).
You can stand on expert plantera with fetid baghnakhs and win.

I got 7000 DPS against the Destroyer in Expert mode (using the Daedalus Stormbow and pre-mech gear).

So basically, pretty OP.

Back
Top Bottom