Daimera's Content Tavern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I don't even have the words to express how awesome, yet how equally gross that thing is!

Good show old chap
GG
Im scared of Hopping back to my bed.
Hehe,get it? Hehe..hehe...hehe..bye
You have no idea how glad I am that the game's resolution doesn't allow for a level of detail like in your crimson drawings.

I love them, but at the same time they scare the crap out of me. :(
I am amazed, yet somehow terrified by your work ^^.
Then I have done my job! :D

http://i.imgur.com/G5TxaSy.jpg I really, really, love this one. As I said, your perception of the sprites are so damn amazing.
You hear that, guys? Word from a dev has it that Animu-Haired Face Monster is totally legit you can all stop laughing at me now

You really are a Artist! I want to draw like that.
It takes a lot of work! I firmly believe that anyone can get as good at art as they want, it just takes dedication and lots of really boring practice. Different people progress at different speeds, but it all comes down to whether or not you can cut yourself off from your inspirations enough to not be too hard on yourself as you go. An "I want to get that good someday!" mentality is way better than "Aw man, I'll never be that good..."!

Anyway, thanks to everyone who continues with the support after the move! It's gonna take a bit to get momentum back, so apologies ahead of time if I'm a bit slow, and also if I don't respond to everyone individually! As much as I'd love to give individual "Thanks!" to everyone who drops by, that gets kinda samey, so please accept my humble Likes in their stead!

Last edited:
Oh, hey, sorry about not getting back on this quickly! I know I said "good morning" but since I'm in Hawaii I was actually going to bed. I just figured most people would be waking up because timezones!

Anyhow, go on ahead!

No problem man. When I make some into pixel art Ill probably make them available to download like I do with all the pixel art I produce for in game use. I am sure players would love to see your work in game too! :D

Also if you would like to take a look I do a bit of sketching myself and I would be interested to see what you thought about my simple drawings:

picture006 (2).jpg picture007 (2).jpg picture009.jpg picture012.jpg picture014.jpg picture017.jpg picture022.jpg

Last edited:
No problem man. When I make some into pixel art Ill probably make them available to download like I do with all the pixel art I produce for in game use. I am sure players would love to see your work in game too! :D

Also if you would like to take a look I do a bit of sketching myself and I would be interested to see what you thought about my simple drawings:
That'd be cool! In-game pixel art is something I never quite caught on to, since it looks great zoomed out in a viewer but tends to be hard to see in-game. But a lot of work goes into it, and I can fully respect that, and yours is very good!

As for the sketches, I've never been really good at judging quality versus experience, though you've definitely got a good base going here. I quite like the hemipteran and the geometric designs, and you're definitely going in the right direction with the lighter study. One thing a lot of people just getting into art discount is the value of life drawing. It's very boring and doesn't exercise those creativity brainmuscles that most artists strive for, but it forms a foundation in understanding lighting and perspective and other such things upon which to add style later. Keep it up!

In other news, Jimmarn singling out the animu-haired face monster of all my pictures still makes me chuckle because it was kind of meant as a joke, but now that it's legit I couldn't help but prove that I am the last person to be entrusted with that kind of information AND I am horrifically immature and irresponsible when it comes to owning Manga Studio.

6AsKOOb.jpg

I'll start adding more thumbnails to the OP when I get more new pics, but as long as the thread is relatively young, I'll just leave them here to terrify you all. 83

That'd be cool! In-game pixel art is something I never quite caught on to, since it looks great zoomed out in a viewer but tends to be hard to see in-game. But a lot of work goes into it, and I can fully respect that, and yours is very good!

As for the sketches, I've never been really good at judging quality versus experience, though you've definitely got a good base going here. I quite like the hemipteran and the geometric designs, and you're definitely going in the right direction with the lighter study. One thing a lot of people just getting into art discount is the value of life drawing. It's very boring and doesn't exercise those creativity brainmuscles that most artists strive for, but it forms a foundation in understanding lighting and perspective and other such things upon which to add style later. Keep it up!

In other news, Jimmarn singling out the animu-haired face monster of all my pictures still makes me chuckle because it was kind of meant as a joke, but now that it's legit I couldn't help but prove that I am the last person to be entrusted with that kind of information AND I am horrifically immature and irresponsible when it comes to owning Manga Studio.

6AsKOOb.jpg

I'll start adding more thumbnails to the OP when I get more new pics, but as long as the thread is relatively young, I'll just leave them here to terrify you all. 83
O-oh my, this picture has me all flustered, and I don't know why...

I just realised ive seen the artwork of the weapons on TO a long while back.
Yeah, the first set and the Eater were my very first contributions way back when. I wasn't really considering getting super into the fanart scene for Terraria, they were some pics that I drew during a trip and decided to color for fun, heck, the thread was originally just called "Terrarian Swords" because I was almost certain that'd be my only contribution. However, they got featured fairly soon after I put them up (a little over a month) and people really liked them, so I had motivation to keep going. :>

Haha, the original picture is still there from before I fixed Muramasa. So embarrassing.

Yeah, the first set and the Eater were my very first contributions way back when. I wasn't really considering getting super into the fanart scene for Terraria, they were some pics that I drew during a trip and decided to color for fun, heck, the thread was originally just called "Terrarian Swords" because I was almost certain that'd be my only contribution. However, they got featured fairly soon after I put them up (a little over a month) and people really liked them, so I had motivation to keep going. :>

Haha, the original picture is still there from before I fixed Muramasa. So embarrassing.
I kind of remember that, but I never remembered the poster whoops >_>

But oh well! And because I posted the most wonderfully useless feedback before, I really like all this artwork of the Crimson and the Wall of Flesh. Really indepth stuff,, you can easily imagine the "Horrified" debuff with the WoF. I wonder if you'll capture the dead decaying Corruption next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom