Daimera's Content Tavern

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the nicest things about open-ended settings like this; it doesn't matter if your headcanon doesn't agree with someone else's. Everyone's allowed to have their own takes on it. Each installation is the owner's own little world, to populate and lore-build as they please!

Sorry I've been quiet, but things have been... distracting, to say the least. I haven't had much to contribute. This is pretty much the last thing I did.

8ZmO8UE.png

I'm not terribly happy with it. There are a lot of circumstances at play, and while I'm not saying it's bad, I just haven't really been feeling it lately.

This is the last pic I'll be submitting here.

After thinking long and hard about it, I've decided to make an official departure notice.

I nearly made it to TCF's Anniversary, and I'd been at the old Terraria Online for at least three years before the move. I can easily say that this has been the single longest run I've ever had with any forum community, and it was a good one.

Unfortunately, I just don't think I can continue with it. It just doesn't feel like the community I started in, and I'm not sure whether that has to do with a gradual changing of the prevailing attitudes about, or if it's simply due to my increasing hermitdom. I admit, I'd become significantly less friendly over time, largely due to a certain incident on TO not long before the transfer.

It's not to say I harbor any ill will towards anyone as I leave (with the possible exception of a very small handful of people who'd gone well out of their way to antagonize me over the years, most of whom aren't even around anymore), I just feel like I've got too many other things to worry about and juggle. During my recent hiatus, I felt like the slack and flexibility granted me by not having one foot in the forum constantly felt refreshing, and I think I just need more of that in my life as I head into my second year of living on my own.

I'm not sure how much longer I'll be contributing to Terraria as a fandom as a whole, entirely dependent on how future updates pan out, and how Otherworld and the eventual sequel will shake things up, but until I drop out entirely, you can find my occasional contribution over at Slushblock on Tumblr.

Take care, Terrarians. Keep on adventuring!
Farewell, Dai...

Okay, okay.

I'm not REALLY back. Not in the sense that I'm going to hang around and discuss stuff and be an active member of the community. I really just don't have the energy.

However, I do feel like I at least should give a general art dump update of stuff from my Tumblr for the people who don't follow it. As well as update my thumbnail wall. Expect, at most, infrequent artdumps whenever I get together enough material to make them.

Apologies for the giant wall; for some reason the spoiler markup refuses to play nicely with the preview so I'm not even sure it works anymore so I'm just gonna leave it.

sfMy6pz.jpg

I was experimenting with polymer clay after being inspired by dogzillalives (from whom I bought an amazing pendant). I never did much more with this and this was never fired, but it was an interesting exercise.

LQWcVLL.jpg

A quick doodle of Arguscaris, a corruption-themed player character that I made but don't really use. Had fun with the design, though.

WkC5d8o.png

A Stargazer, to go with the Predictor that I 'ended' with last, but done slightly better. I never did finish this set, though.

FT3Y4Hk.png

Aaarrrgg, a multiplayer server character who mostly did fishing. I moved into celshaded stuff due to getting back into Guilty Gear something FIERCE, and plus it was a nice to do something simpler after breaking my hand on another pic that took three weeks that didn't get nearly enough attention to justify the effort I put into it.

vxQ1NR7.png

My old scenery pics got a burst of popularity on Tumblr and reminded me that I hated the Hallowed pic, so I redid it. Not much else to say about it.

xks2bRL.png

Continuing the animu, a half-Starfallen Aberrant and some atrocious lineart haloing because I'm a lazy sack of jfksdladsf

AeuK4EX.png

People may recognize this from the CC. Still putting it here. I like it.

EskKrDx.png

Not sure why I felt like drawing this but it was probably GGXX's Raou

qsrXHn9.png

Also sent to the CC, my Summoner, Gwys, using desert update stuff. I streamed this, and have the vods of it saved here and here.

BjZR2MP.jpg

A quick sketch of Spooky Armor that I did because someone on Tumblr asked me how I'd draw it and I already had my tablet set up when the Ask came in.

55ap3vF.png

You'll be seeing this in the next CC. It's also on my RedBubble as a shirt, but I won't link it here since I feel bad leaving only to come back just long enough to sell out, since I have very little control over how bad RedBubble price-gouges. If you reeeally want it super bad (enough to deal with RedBubble's obnoxious prices and mediocre quality), it should be easy enough to find with a basic search.

inb4 putting anything at all here results in more of it showing up stolen on the Steam Community hub

Edit: I'm laughing ironically because the second I went to submit this, the Forums just straight up died. Apparently it couldn't handle the irony.

Last edited:
I submitted this to the CC, but I might as well put it here, too; my Terraria arts have slowed down so significantly that I don't think waiting to dump multiple pieces is going to result in anything more than updates once every one or two years or so, haha

aWf9Kuk.png

I know a fair number of players dislike the Angler because he’s a pretentious brat who orders you around… I’m not one of them. I grew up with Calvin and Hobbes as my favorite childhood comic, and he reminds me a lot of that sort of mentality. As such, he seems like one of the few NPCs who’d be totally okay with Aberrant, if not straight up fascinated in that creative childlike wonder sort of way.

Aberrant would appreciate the kid’s company… when he’s not doing things like this.

A little over 5 years ago, Terraria recieved a little update... called 1.1

Before it released, a quick teaser trailer went up, including a brief glimpse of a new boss. The Wall of Flesh.

Being the li'l snot I am, I needed to be the first person to draw fanart for this new boss, even with incomplete information and very poor video quality.

It's been over 5 years.

I think it's time for a rematch.

s1CFApJ.jpg

You can see the stream vod of the process here.

A little over 5 years ago, Terraria recieved a little update... called 1.1

Before it released, a quick teaser trailer went up, including a brief glimpse of a new boss. The Wall of Flesh.

Being the li'l snot I am, I needed to be the first person to draw fanart for this new boss, even with incomplete information and very poor video quality.

It's been over 5 years.

I think it's time for a rematch.
-amazing-

You can see the stream vod of the process here.
Does that have mouths in its mouths?

Does that have mouths in its mouths?
More like teeth in its throat, but really, that's the most worrisome thing about it-?

Yo dawg...
I herd u...

From what I can tell it looks more like those are mouths on the other side of the wall.
That was actually not the intention, but that's a really cool idea! Not sure if I'd go with it, though, since the 'back' of the wall is all veiny and tendrilly in the sprite... they were mostly just going to be empty voids, maybe filled with faint swirling lights, to go with my headcanon of the wall being a physical vault for the ancient spirits that just so happens to be alive and pissed off.

Anyhow, I'm going to try and stream coloring up the pic tomorrow, after work (I finish work at noon PST, but will probably take a while to settle in first, so probably more likely to start around 3pm - 4pm PST). Might end prematurely if my computer decides to bluescreen on me like it did when I started coloring it last stream.

No promises (I may, uh, be too dead from work; waking up at 3am to get to work at 5am to offload a truck of freight for retail sucks), but if you're interested, keep an eye out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom