Daimera's Content Tavern

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is truly some incredible improvement compared with the pillars of flesh.

Loving the perspective, it really shows how massive the boss looks like from a distance.
Truly horrifying, I like how the Terrarian is standing there fearless (Or else frozen from shock :p).

Amazing job!

Just a silly, quick pic of my faaavorite sequence break.
LconzdH.png

Why does it not swim?
It's in shock.

IMO, it's so easy to get early-game that I feel it'd be better if fishing the ocean had the chance to pull up a strong Reaver Shark ENEMY, which you'd then have to kill (something possible but very difficult with early-game equipment; lots of health, perhaps a projectile to keep people from just standing on a dock and shooting it), which would then potentially drop either the tool, or a material for making the tool. As much as I love the sequence-break, it is a bit easy to pull off; sequence breaks should feel more rewarding!

A 'quick' response to someone on Tumblr asking how Aberrant eats. It actually took kind of a while because an incompetent ER nurse hit a nerve with an injection three weeks ago and my arm is still in pain.

I've actually had this answer - the entire scenario - in mind pretty much since I originally designed him and wrote up his bio and NPC interactions. I just never bothered to draw it until someone was finally confused enough to ask about it.

2DD4Onv.jpg

iWTUBH4.jpg

l4aQe1c.jpg

wUvFqrS.jpg

ng9ZQo6.jpg

O9EqQZP.jpg

lMhujWq.jpg

CAuANL2.jpg

UGUGuLP.jpg

Uvsc6k2.jpg

KSA4mZD.jpg

Slushblock Tumblr basically turning into an Aberrant askblog, lol

oh yes, he would make a valiant if aforementioned awkward effort. It’d probably fall on deaf-ears, though; most of the townsfolk strike me as too jaded at this point to cry, at least in my variation of the setting.

Well, with maybe one exception.
uzGZm9T.jpg

onYWN3k.jpg

uGB5Sh2.jpg

8mKZRpc.jpg

I feel genuinely bad to break it to you, but… no… no, he’s not flawless.
58egVWF.jpg

But isn’t it so much easier to relate to characters with flaws? So long as you’re aware of them, and, well…
czuPrVe.jpg

…he’s very aware of his.

Bonus: Awakened Starfallen boss-forms size comparison:
CNE1EJw.jpg

Last edited:
Some more Tumblr garbage.

"What would happen if someone threw some purification powder at Abberant? Or maybe... threw some holy water at him?"

It would be about as effective as trying to use Purification Powder on an actual Face Monster. Go ahead. Boot up your game and try it. I’ll wait.
5gyQcQ0.jpg

oCDru5G.jpg

IE, absolutely not at all. It cleanses terrain that’s been turned, but not creatures born of it.

Holy Water on the other hand, makes one significant difference.
1VwnzWY.jpg

Kn2o5i5.jpg

Just me being silly with Anomaly, who I imagine to have the themesong "Voices" (by Rev Theory, or more specifically, the acoustic cover by Sahaj Ticotin). Normally they just stab people with a knife or a sword before transforming into them and assuming their identity, but this was too silly a mental image to pass up.
fOfqxYo.jpg

47IyfuK.jpg

MZpexk2.jpg

Bonus pic of baby Crimson things, based on the two babies you get with the Bone Rattle pet item.
3xMCtfH.jpg

Was primarily illustrating how the Crimson works in my own headcanon, where the Crimson itself steals, mixes, and mutates DNA of surrounding bioforms to make its own lifeforms from a tiny proto-creature we never get to see. Very Zergy.

Let me know if me spamming half-lazy Tumblr lineart this often is annoying and I'll either stop or just wait to collect more before posting them.

Last edited:
Work has started to grind me down a bit, but here's a leetle Crowno that I made semi-quickly for an ask about which dev set was my favorite while I try to convince myself that I can do more than just silly lineart and mull over what I'm gonna do for CC#50 haha

dZdoPji.png

you're the best artist in this community , congrats , i even gave up trying hard to draw like this , gotta stick up with my old n' good sketchy art
Thanks for the kind words, but! I have a couple gripes with the mindset on display here:

1) Art is subjective. There is no "best artist" in any community, as everyone has different tastes. To claim any one person is better than others belittles the effort of other artists who may have invested just as much if not more effort, time, and education into their work. I cannot claim to be better than others, and could (but won't, out of respect to any that I may leave out) name a number of artists in the community who I consider 'better' than me for various - but certainly not concrete - objective reasons relevant only to myself as a critic of my own work.

2) I'm pretty sure I've said this before ad-nauseam, but please don't look at another artist's work and tell them "I've given up trying to draw like this" because NO artist ever got to where they are by giving up. It takes a long time, and I'm pretty sure most artists are way more flattered to hear they've inspired people to NOT give up, rather than hearing people hang up their hopes after trying - and initially failing - to reach a bar set by what could very well be 20+ years of drawing and experimenting.

I usually tell people I started drawing with intent to improve in 6th grade, but that doesn't actually put anything to scale, so I'll be a bit more plain; I've technically been doodling constantly and casually since I was 8 (at least, that I still have records of), but started drawing with specific intent to improve when I was 11.

I am 31 now.

I have OCs that are older than some of the people here.

If you don't want to invest that kind of time into improvement, then I'm not gonna stop you from finding your own path.

But what I am also saying is not to let the amount of time it'll take to improve stop you, either.

I didn't.

I'm getting too lazy to manually reupload these to imgur (especially since it insists on shuffling them, making relinking them in order very irritating) so I'm just going to wholesale paste them from Tumblr. If they won't load here... just go to my Tumblr, lol.

Q: What's Anomaly's opinion on The Angler? I see that Aberrant's taken a liking to the little scamp, but what about his slightly more purple counterpart? <3

Teeechnically Anomaly is a not-so-very-slightly more garish-glowing-pink counterpart, but…

tumblr_inline_or98zyaCwV1r63w1v_500.jpg

…they really just don’t know what to do. The kid’s too ‘useless’ to kill and replace, since he spends more time being a pest than actually being beneficial (apart from awarding people for doing jobs for him once a day; usually getting fish for him that he can use to prank people), so they leave him alone.

Now, if you actually meant slightly more purple, then you’re thinking Abomination… in which case….

tumblr_inline_or5taf36xY1r63w1v_500.jpg

… it’d honestly just like to kill the kid for the fun of it, because it’d be the evil thing to do.

However, it won’t since its main goal is to first gain the favor of the local town adventurer to use their influence to plunge the world into darkness. It needs to be able to stick around to be able to do that.

tumblr_inline_or5teg5zpH1r63w1v_500.jpg

…and pretty much all the townsfolk would really like the excuse to drive it out by force. So it’s stuck playing by their rules… at least, for now…

Q: what if The Party Girl in-sis-ted that Aberrant, Anomaly and Abomination switch wardrobes for Halloween, and Aberrant reluctantly saying ok (bc of the mug incident), Anomaly sorta agreeing bc w/e, and Abomination... Sitting it out because it doesn't wear clothes lol. Tbh I just want to see Aberrant wearing Anomaly's suit and Anomaly wearing Aberrant's rag-coat bc it's a funny image lol <3

Look, she could make the saddest puppy-dog eyes possible and they would NEVER agree to it.

But I’m the artist I do what I want because it’s funny
tumblr_inline_orb7jdZ4Cl1r63w1v_500.jpg

It still wouldn’t really work out that well even if they tailored a custom suit to Aberrant’s size because of how his jaw connects to his torso, but hey.

Also as a note, I WILL try to get as many of these done over time, but I may not get them all. Most of them I can, but it might be a while. Two have been sitting here for a while, especially that chiropractor one, which I’ve had a scene in my head for LOOONG before this even turned into an askblog of sorts, but I just can’t seem to draw it in a way I’m happy with.

Q: What's the guide's thoughts on Aberrant, just wondering, is all.

While this is technically also answered in the semi-outdated textwall masterpost on the forums (with the Guide simply being his usual obligatory neutral exposition dumping self), it did bring an interaction to mind… Sorry it’s a bit rougher than usual, I don’t people well.
tumblr_inline_orbd66Ybhw1r63w1v_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_orbd6bKtnr1r63w1v_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_orbd6pSmZ81r63w1v_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_orbd75gtMj1r63w1v_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_orbd7gnvK81r63w1v_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_orbd7rXziM1r63w1v_500.jpg

Q: Hate to bother ya, but I'm super curious. What Aberrant usually do when the Player is not around? Just sitting in his house? Also, has he ever hit another Face Monster with his lantern? No need to answer it. And have a nice day! ^-^

He reads.
tumblr_inline_orf1osxdJe1r63w1v_500.jpg

A lot.

tumblr_inline_orf1pi4ckQ1r63w1v_500.jpg

It really doesn’t matter where he is, and he’ll either sit in his room to read, or go outside to get out of the way of those who generally detest him. He tries to spend more time outside than inside.

tumblr_inline_orf1q3csor1r63w1v_500.jpg

Since the dungeons are the source of most of the books found in any town, and the dungeons go way back and were used as bunkers by stranded space/interdimensional travelers, the available books can range from magic tomes to historical accounts to technical manuals to fictional novels.

Aberrant prefers technical books to outright fiction, as he (ironically) doesn’t follow character-driven narratives well.

tumblr_inline_orf1qsaHqT1r63w1v_500.jpg

Maybe, once he runs out of textbooks and manuals, he’ll read fiction out of boredom and find he likes it. But seeing as Terraria’s wealth of objectively written work spans multiple times and dimensions, what constitutes their reality is often just as, if not more fascinating than fiction is to us.

tumblr_inline_orf1s7nAlm1r63w1v_500.jpg

As for the last question…

tumblr_inline_orf1svdhPy1r63w1v_500.jpg

No.

tumblr_inline_orf1t8tpl31r63w1v_500.jpg

But he would.

Q: So you know how the Aberrant is supposed to be a chiropractor? You said that somewhere in your TCF thread, and I figured out a benefit it could give! For something like 200 HP, he can give you the buff "Toughened Spine* for something like 5 minutes. The buff gives you an additional 9 defense for the duration. Anyway, feel free to disregard this if you think it's trash (it most likely is lol).

Personally don’t think it’s trash, it’s definitely more thought that I’d given it since I wrote it! And it did get me thinking more about it, so thank you!

As someone who’s dealt with a slew of back and neck problems, I always sort of viewed chiropractors as more of a reactive measure than a quality of life one, but the core of it is quality of life, with the whole idea being that if your nerves are in good working order, your body will heal itself, etc.

Added defense would be one possible way of doing it, as would increased regen, but both are already covered by potions, so it also gave me the idea of another route; a buff called “Shrug it Off” that lasts for [balance] minutes, and halves the duration of other debuffs during that time.

And since you brought up the whole chiropractor thing, a comic related to it. Like the mug one, this was a scene I had in my head ever since I wrote up the chiropractor bit, I just didn’t feel like drawing it unless someone read that far in and cared enough to bring it up, haha.

tumblr_inline_origlhGHLM1r63w1v_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_origlrFZLC1r63w1v_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_origlygeK71r63w1v_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_origma76K11r63w1v_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_origmhMlp11r63w1v_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_origmoUiWk1r63w1v_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_origmxJNyY1r63w1v_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_orign9hEZv1r63w1v_500.jpg
Q: Ever since I followed this blog and seeing your crimson art and stuff..I've become more attuned to the crimson( witch I use to hate) Thank you???????

Why, you’re welcome!

I mean, it’s SUCH a given, the Crimson is ENTIRELY superior to the Corruption, there isn’t even a CONTEST.

tumblr_inline_oriozbSnSm1r63w1v_500.jpg

…I mean, unless, you’re, like…

…a magic-user…

tumblr_inline_oriozvciyi1r63w1v_500.jpg

…then you’re outta luck.

Also, I felt like drawing a temple Lihzahrd today so whee filler:
M69RfgK.png

Okay, managed to get a bunch of Asks done over the past few days, so here's a blogdump.

Q: I feel like whenever Anomaly gets angry they just get sparklier and sparklier until they're basically an aggressive walking strobe light.
tumblr_inline_oscckndmcV1r63w1v_500.jpg
Q: How Old Man and Aberrant's their first encounter looked like?

tumblr_inline_otfavsvQtH1r63w1v_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_otfaw4hzZd1r63w1v_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_otfawebxq11r63w1v_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_otfawqivDZ1r63w1v_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_otfawzJyC71r63w1v_500.jpg
Q: How would Aberrant react to pure positive reassurance? Like if someone were to come up to him, and comfort him and or compliment everything he is, but at the same time is aware of his behavior during the Blood Moon.

He actually gets around at least neutrally with most of the townsfolk, but still puts them on edge.
tumblr_inline_otgsgkOL5P1r63w1v_500.jpg

Even so, it’s not that he doesn’t get that kind of positive reassurance, though not frequently and not unanimously, but there are those who treat him with respect.

tumblr_inline_otgsgzmPKh1r63w1v_500.jpg

He honestly treasures those who do.

tumblr_inline_otgshfvpCe1r63w1v_500.jpg

But…

tumblr_inline_otgsg8nvu41r63w1v_500.jpg

…No amount of positive reassurance makes the negatives just disappear
Q: imagine Abberant getting all excited should the player character place a bookshelf in his house

Imagine building a library and setting that as his house.
tumblr_inline_oth4t024J41r63w1v_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_oth4ta3qr51r63w1v_500.jpg
Q: Yo! I noticed that Excelsior hasn't been getting a lot of love lately, so I'll give you an ask about him! So...I've seen you're art of him, and I have to ask... is he some kind of bird? It looks like he has feathers on his neck, and those are DEFINITELY bird's wings.
tumblr_inline_otj6auuKvl1r63w1v_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_otj6b0bIGB1r63w1v_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_otj6bcM3Nt1r63w1v_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_otj6bkorIJ1r63w1v_500.jpg
Q: Anomaly has a cool sword. Didn't expected they could ever use weapons. But what would make Anomaly angry? I mean, angry enough so they could summon their sword. Is sword the only weapon they can summon? Have a nice day! ^_^
tumblr_inline_otjb3zrxsj1r63w1v_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_otjb4amy3g1r63w1v_500.jpg

As for other weapons, Anomaly would predominantly use a knife in a similar style, though technically the player would use that knife (which has a [appropriately rare]% chance to drop off any NPCs killed after [insert progression trigger here]) to summon them in the first place. Game mechanics.

Fun fact: I never really came up with Starfallen boss drops for the most part, but the sword Anomaly had in that other answer was one of the few I did.

It wouldn’t be particularly powerful, but would have decent attack speed (no numbers, since I don’t know balance), provide light, and can autoswing… but its main functionality would be to damage/kill town NPCs, providing an alternative to traps and rotten eggs for truly awful players.
Q: Aaarrrgg is a good friend and I enjoy him as a character design
tumblr_inline_otk0khDrpe1r63w1v_500.jpg

Nerrrddd
Q: Hello! It's the same dude who asked you what Aberrant and the Squad™ thought of the player/hero. How would Abomination and/or Anomaly react if the player/hero figured out their true motivations? Does the player already know? No pressure to answer!

Well, “the player” is a situational manifestation, so it’s a little tricky to give a unanimous answer… though I’ll start by saying that Abomination is in NO WAY subtle about its motives and goals.

tumblr_inline_otkahuUCTO1r63w1v_500.jpg

Anomaly’s a little more subtle, but I think most players would figure out they’re up to no good considering how effortlessly they’re willing to off townsfolk in order to demonstrate how they’re so much ‘better’ than them without ever saying so directly.

tumblr_inline_otkaifWgo41r63w1v_500.jpg

In the case of my personal setting, yeah, Dai knows. She won’t let either get away with their garbage, and leaves Excelsior alone for the most part, so the seal’s safe under her jurisdiction.

tumblr_inline_otkaj3wxZJ1r63w1v_500.jpg

Others, though…

tumblr_inline_otkajtC6Fr1r63w1v_500.jpg

…might not have such scruples…

Loving this batch once again.
It's really cool to see how much details you put in every picture. So you're really responding with quality.

Personally I've loved the answer of 'Ask 5', the way how he talked about the crafted wings was just perfect. XD
"Hard to find a seasoned Terrarian who isn't familiar with these."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom