Daimera's Content Tavern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you work on Risk of Rain? Daimera is the first name on the credits list o.o
EDIT: omg i didn't even read the second post of your thread, I love your sprites man Q~Q

I kind of remember that, but I never remembered the poster whoops >_>

But oh well! And because I posted the most wonderfully useless feedback before, I really like all this artwork of the Crimson and the Wall of Flesh. Really indepth stuff,, you can easily imagine the "Horrified" debuff with the WoF. I wonder if you'll capture the dead decaying Corruption next?
The Corruption is very samey to me. I'll probably do it more justice later, but as much as I love the concept and the enemies, once you draw one, you've drawn them all. Just string 'em together and add or remove eyes and mandibles and you've got the others. Abomination tends to be where my Corruption inspiration goes... and he doesn't count (or shouldn't, at any rate).

Did you work on Risk of Rain? Daimera is the first name on the credits list o.o
EDIT: omg i didn't even read the second post of your thread, I love your sprites man Q~Q
Haha, thanks! And yes! That is me in the RoR credits! I was in the paid beta and I sprited the Imp Overlord, which was a suggestion from one of the community moderators that I liked and wanted to use as animation practice (the RoR style is very forgiving and a great place to start out), and the devs liked it so much they put it in the game! The Overlord's Tentacle item is also addressed to me in the item log because of that. :>

I'd say a terrain thing for the Corruption might work better than monsters. You could possibly depict things swarming, worms erupting out of things, clingers, that sort of thing. Your forte does seem to be intricate monster designs though. That combined herpling + floaty gross is amazing, for example.

Oh hey, you havent done the Blood Feeder yet :p I sense a gorequarium

Terrain and backgrounds are pretty much my bane. I mean, I need to work on them, but it's a very slow, on-going process. I can't just jump into something extremely involved and atmospheric without being crushed under the weight of my own frustration. At least for now.

Blood Feeders and Ichor Stickers are on my list of "way too many things I still need to do and may never get around to" though I can guarantee that my mental image of a Blood Feeder is a couple degrees more grotesque than the one in the forum header. c_c;; I blame Mortasheen.

The forum header has a Blood Crawler, the Blood Feeder is the fish! Gawd, learn your Crimson :dryadnaughty: (I'm one to talk; I forgot about the Ichor Sticker and the Axe enemy myself :dryadwhat:)

I think I will avoid a blood crawler art, idontlikespidersmuch, but yeah, theres a pile of crimson fish if you want to depict things in a sea of blood.

Ah, my bad. I mean, it's nearing 2AM here. I really should get to bed, haha. I need to be up to go to my volunteer shift tomorrow.

Multiple layers of confusion here: I actually see the Blood Crawler as more of a tick than a spider, and ticks feed on blood, and thus my brain went aaaaaaaaaapppffffffffffffttthhhhhthtjhsjdkhfkjsdhfasdlf and put two and two together in the wrong way. Also, the fish itself isn't terribly... exciting? As Crimson creatures go? It kinda just looks like a slightly angrier Angler Fish without the lure to me. Also I almost NEVER see them in-game, I almost forgot they existed. I usually only see Blood Jellies.

I'm still up in the air as to what Crimson water is supposed to be, since the Blood Moon has the actual bloody water and Crimson water seems too... pink. All I know is that it feels really, really gross because of a couple extremely vivid and realistic dreams I've had involving Crimson.

Water with blood runoff, rather than pure blood. Easy :p And :red:, I forgot about the blood jellies too.

The feeder wouldn't be the best on its own, yeah. Good thing the fishing update brought more to the table.

Also: 2 am for you, 1 am for me, and its all crimson all the time. Thats, uh, a great combination to go with the word sleep.

Thanks for giving me a filter to work from. I'm pretty sure it's the last thing you wanted. But that's where my brain went.

How Shovel Knight music translates to this, the world will never know. I can't explain how my mind works at this hour.

Nevertheless, here's a super rough sketch before I go to sleep. Because I can sleep on stuff like this and that is one of the few blessings of being me, I guess.

aakkrYA.jpg

The most thing I like about your drawings that you put a lot of creativity in it.
like, who would think about making a blood crawler like that!

The most thing I like about your drawings that you put a lot of creativity in it.
like, who would think about making a blood crawler like that!
My thought process on this one was quite straightforward, actually! At least how I came to this conclusion the first time I saw them in-game.

A) Arachnid thing in a blood/gore-soaked setting? Actually seems more tick than spider. (I put some spider features on it, though, because they were probably going for spider, because iconic)

2 - Whoa, it drops VERTEBRAE. Plus, it's all pink and fleshy, like a person. Hmmmm.

• Shares living space with a couple of other mutated humanoids.

Addendum: I used to be friends with Bogleech and did a lot of fanart for Mortasheen back in the day. We've drifted apart over the years, but we've exchanged influence over one another's styles and interests for a long time leading up to a perceived parting of ways due to diverging ideals. Still, a lot of my macabre stylings can be traced back to his work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom