Daimera's Content Tavern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, "sloppy". Sure.
Fantastic!
For my own work, yeah!

I will continue to reiterate this until everyone gets it, the only art that an artist should ever compare their work to is their own. I consider that sloppy because I know I can do better. It has nothing to do with how it may or may not stack up to someone else's efforts.

Anyway, I didn't think I'd actually finish that WIP I posted tonight, but I got caught up quite a bit in it, thanks a lot to music and the fact that I just can't seem to get around doing these late at night. That just seems to be when I have the greatest surge of motivation.

Qj55iar.png

Can I make a req-
*quietly places a hand over your mouth and guides your gaze over to the Status note on the top of the OP that says "Closed" and whispers* No.

Daimera doesn't typically take requests. Suggestions, maybe, but not requests.
Even that's rare. I'll draw what I draw when I feel like drawing it. That's the only way I'll keep sane around here (have you SEEN the threads of the people who leave it open??).

I may open up to suggestions sometime later (weapons, armor sets as-is, enemies I haven't drawn, etc.), but that'll be a very specific incident with very specific rules that won't involve drawing individual users' full gear and dye setups. If I ever open up to anything more flexible, it'll have extremely limited slots and be first-come-first-served.

What serenset- wait what
anyway what Asami :)red:) said, also Inb4 Daimera writes a wall of text about requests.
I'd really, really like to avoid doing that this time... If I only did it once at TO, maybe I'd do it again here to reiterate, but I did it way more than anyone should really need both over at TO and on Slushblock... I figured it could be avoided what with the built-in Request Status system. It did allow me to go for maybe 15 days without so that's a record I guess...

*dies from awesomeness*
Please don't die you're too young and talented and mentally stable to die you have such a promising life ahead of you. :c

Why does it need that many eyes if it lives in a dimly-lit "foggy"-due-to-spores, underground area?
It's a sentient fungus that walks around and talks and you're worried about its eyes??

*cough* All kidding aside, though, I figure we can just chalk it up to nonstandard biology, given the unusual nature of the circumstances. Given Truffle is a living fungal mass, it wouldn't even have the same sorts of eyes as Metazoa, and as such their presence and function would be analogous, not homologous, to our own. They'd work differently, especially considering the dialogue where "everything started glowing blue" implying that its natural habitat, which to us appears to be constantly glowing blue, doesn't appear that way to its default visual perception.

Alternatively, maybe it just doesn't see well to begin with. More eyes doesn't necessarily mean better vision if the eyes are primitive. Just look at insects with ocelli. Perhaps the big eye does most of the visual intake and the two smaller eyes have a more basic function, such as picking up motion, or maybe even being mild heat sensors. Who knows how sentient fungi perceive the world!

...or its just to make it look cool. :p
Or, you know, it could be that. ;)

To be honest, I look at the sprite and see a single eye, but as I started sketching, I just liked the idea of using eyes as an additional layer of asymmetry to give off a very alien appearance.

I just like to overthink things in addition to drawing purely for the fun of it. :>

All I can say is - well - wow. These are amazing and I hope you continue to create such fantastic works of art!

Maybe they're not eyes, maybe they are just another kinda mushroom that looks like an eye to scare off predators, like a moth.
I actually considered that, as well. But Truffle does have lines implying an ability to see, so perhaps these differentiated, eye-like structures also possess some kind of alternative photoreceptor. Or maybe the photoreceptors are somewhere else on the body. Maybe we're dealing with a hiveminded colonial organism. WHO KNOWS~

I'm also debating going back in and coloring the hyphae (the "fluffy" parts) to be blue, like the color of mushroom grass. Mushrooms themselves are merely the fruiting bodies, therefore the mushroom grass is likely the mycelium of the entire organism. Mushroom grass 'seeds' thus are probably just packets of spores that accidentally get caught up in pockets formed out of the fruiting gills. Because biology.

It kinda just depends on how lazy I feel, and how badly I feel like doing damage control on Tumblr to redistribute the 'new' one when the first one already got so much traction. It's a minor detail at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom