Daimera's Content Tavern

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's worth noting, But most text from the OC section (And beyond that) is linking to the Pumpking, forgot to close the URL?
Thanks for catching that, I'm not actually sure what happened. It wasn't a failure to close a code, something actually went in and added URL links to all the text bits individually. Like, each individual bit of text that was affected was surrounded by the markup for that link. I know for certain it wasn't me, and simply failing to close the link earlier wouldn't have caused that, so I'm not sure what happened there... Should be fixed now. Thanks again!

Thanks for catching that, I'm not actually sure what happened. It wasn't a failure to close a code, something actually went in and added URL links to all the text bits individually. Like, each individual bit of text that was affected was surrounded by the markup for that link. I know for certain it wasn't me, and simply failing to close the link earlier wouldn't have caused that, so I'm not sure what happened there... Should be fixed now. Thanks again!

To my knowledge, the forum software does that automatically for any tag that covers multiple paragraphs when you post. I've seen it happen several times with my own.

Also, your art is simply fantastic. Thank you very much for showing it to us!

Ok so this maybe my first post and i'm trying to figure out how to post your own thread, but this one just caught my attention while reading some of threads, those artworks are awesome! they're all amazing.

I'm new to this thread. I know some people do, but do you take requests for turning game sprites into full artwork like the ones I saw on the first page?
(btw, totally unrelated, but +1 Follower & Watching Thread)

I'm new to this thread. I know some people do, but do you take requests for turning game sprites into full artwork like the ones I saw on the first page?
You should take note at the top of each art thread before asking for requests:
upload_2015-6-2_19-16-44.png

Yeah, as ppowersteef said, it's best to know where that notice is on artist threads because it's there for a reason. :> I should find a way to highlight it...

I'm mystified how you call it a sketch, but I've never been much of an artist so I cannot see inside the mind of one. If I were to create something like that, I'd probably stare openmouthed, but it's all a matter or perspective. Regardless, I say good work as always. Can't wait to see the finished project.

King-0-cupcakes on Tumblr is drawing a fanart of Excelsior and I realized I didn't have a decent ref of him.

This isn't exactly 'decent' due to leaving it as a rough sketch, but I've got a lot of stuff to do, so it's sorta short-notice. Mostly to get armor proportions and the rest of the hammer's design.

nXezgAj.png
Oooo, that looks awesome! If that is a rough sketch, than I can't wait to see the finished product!

The things that come to mind at work:

The Martian Madness event can’t be concurrent to the cultists and Tablet being on the map right now, so my friend and I went to kill the cultists but lost intentionally to the Lunatic (we don’t want to start The End without our third member present) so that we could start the Martian event.

While dodging about for several minutes to get to know the Lunatic mechanics, I really felt like most of his sound bank wasn’t necessarily evil-sounding…. It actually sounded… kind of sad. Like pain and profound regret.

The cultists also don’t attack you unless you attack first.

So, headcanon time: the cultists aren’t there to summon the Moon Lord. They’re trying to hold it back. When you kill them, their ward weakens and the high cultist needs to step in to intervene, but it’s too late. In an effort to stop the inevitable, he absorbs the power of the tablet in hopes of keeping it in check, but it’s too strong.

So he goes insane and attacks you out of a combination of fury and madness, and killing him releases the power he tried to seal.

hm1RUpn.png

It's a heavy burden to bear... isn't it?

The Martian Madness event can’t be concurrent to the cultists and Tablet being on the map right now, so my friend and I went to kill the cultists but lost intentionally to the Lunatic (we don’t want to start The End without our third member present) so that we could start the Martian event.

While dodging about for several minutes to get to know the Lunatic mechanics, I really felt like most of his sound bank wasn’t necessarily evil-sounding…. It actually sounded… kind of sad. Like pain and profound regret.

So, headcanon time: the cultists aren’t there to summon the Moon Lord. They’re trying to hold it back. When you kill them, their ward weakens and the high cultist needs to step in to intervene, but it’s too late. In an effort to stop the inevitable, he absorbs the power of the tablet in hopes of keeping it in check, but it’s too strong.

So he goes insane and attacks you out of a combination of fury and madness, and killing him releases the power he tried to seal.

hm1RUpn.png

Now that's what I call awesome.

hm1RUpn.png

This is beautiful art, and my new headcanon. :)

hm1RUpn.png

Wait... so that means Crowno was actually trying to protect us from the final boss! Except... he said the Lunatic cultist was probably his evil twin, and since that guy was actually good, it means that Crowno was actually the evil twin!

(This is why I don't make headcanons)

hm1RUpn.png

....That's some big plot twist....and crazy enough it even makes sense too.....As you can't attack the cultist during absorbing because he's an ally.

Last edited:

hm1RUpn.png

Protect us?

Wow, never thought that beak head was trying to save us

hm1RUpn.png

Yes... That would make sense.

The Cultists are obviously a completely different faction from the Brotherhood resting in the catacombs below. I have yet to revise my own theories to post 1.3, but if it's not the cultists that brought the tablet there, then the only logic conclusion is that it was instead the necromantic sect below, perhaps to summon back their old master? -And maybe tangentially to make an attempt at return the favor to the player for all those ventures into the Brotherhood's lair?

I'll need to think more about this, -and more importantly actually make it that far in my current playthrough to actually judge for myself.
9oQizAO.png

Not to mention that it sounds like the lunatic cultist is saying "How do you know" , almost like he's asking "How do you know you can handle this" or "how do you know you can defeat it?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom