tModLoader Danew's Mini-Boss NPC

Should I change the the name of the mod?

• Total voters
Bit of an announcement...
One of the possible names for the Arch Wizard is a reference to Yogscast Sjin's Terraria series.
Well yesterday he posted another Terraria video, and long story short they found out about it!

1.Is it possible to make separate bosses for each boss/mini-boss/event boss? Basically an item that spawns the boss regaurdless of conditions (time of day or event or biome)

2. Can you adjust the way you spawn mobs? Instead of having them spawn inside the player dealing damage, could you maybe make them spawn in a open around around the player?

Reason why I ask these 2, is because of a adventure map Ive been working on, unfortunitly some bosses are eh, and I found this mod and thought it would be fun to add event bosses ect. to some areas, but its somewhat restricted.

This feels too op, i would like if there were settings to adjust a "price multiplyer for the sold monster summon items".
Also, i recommend you to look up on the potential value of what a monster drops and change it's summoning item price to be slightly lower or slightly more than the loot value, then it will be way more balanced.

Do you think you could possibly make it so the minibosses and enemies don't spawn right on top of you? Maybe make em' spawn onscreen, But far away enough so that they don't immediately hit you.

ugh I wish I had read the thread before making the king slime useless item.

what is the point of even making something if it does literally nothing... Especially when it costs a crapload of resources. Are these for putting into item frames or what? I just don't get it...

Seems like an extraordinary waste of time to bother coding in an item that does jack squat.

I've been letting a lot of comments slide recently, mostly because of laziness, and I think it's time I answer them all.
Oh boy here we go!
Can you please make Tim,Nymph,and devourer summons be sold in Pre-Hardmode?Also then i completed Old One's Army tier 1 Ogre summon appeared in Wizard shop.
And why summons for Red devil(it is in Mini-Boss section too) and Cloud elemental doing in event shop,and why Ice golem summon in Mini-Boss section(Blizzard is event,right?).And it si bit stange that summons for some evenr bosses appeared in the event shop the i only defeteated all vanilla bosses.(Test World)And can you please add summon for Crystal Mimic(Crystillium)And summons for Zootalo, Matriarch Zootalo,Undead Warlock,Squoma,Shnoot,Phobos,Peepers,Minotaur,Gelateen,Desert Princess,Banshe,Barmadillo, and different variants of Bicholmers(Tremor).And thanks that you created this great mod!:D
Tim and nymph are sold in hardmode because they're rarer enemies so I thought it would make things balanced. As for the devourer I just stuffed up and got it mixed up with the digger XD.
The ogre being sold at the wrong point is actually a vanilla bug, I can do somewhat of a workaround but it won't be perfect
Those things being sold in incorrect shops is my bad, should be fixed next update. Don't know what you mean by event bosses appearing incorrectly, unless you mean modded ones, in which case that'll change next update (which is one of the reasons next update will take a while)
Will probably add those rare modded enemies either next update or the update after except maybe Crystal Mimic (seems pointless asking for support for just ONE enemy)

1.Is it possible to make separate bosses for each boss/mini-boss/event boss? Basically an item that spawns the boss regaurdless of conditions (time of day or event or biome)

2. Can you adjust the way you spawn mobs? Instead of having them spawn inside the player dealing damage, could you maybe make them spawn in a open around around the player?

Reason why I ask these 2, is because of a adventure map Ive been working on, unfortunitly some bosses are eh, and I found this mod and thought it would be fun to add event bosses ect. to some areas, but its somewhat restricted.
1. The reason it's like that is because of their A.I. So, probably not gonna happen
2. Probably will eventually since it seems to be a common criticism. Don't count on it for the next update though.
This feels too op, i would like if there were settings to adjust a "price multiplyer for the sold monster summon items".
Also, i recommend you to look up on the potential value of what a monster drops and change it's summoning item price to be slightly lower or slightly more than the loot value, then it will be way more balanced.
I was thinking that the prices were a bit imbalanced so I'll look into it a bit. May take a few changes to get it perfect though.
Do you think you could possibly make it so the minibosses and enemies don't spawn right on top of you? Maybe make em' spawn onscreen, But far away enough so that they don't immediately hit you.
Yeah I'll probably do that soon(ish). Maybe not next update, but soon.

ugh I wish I had read the thread before making the king slime useless item.

what is the point of even making something if it does literally nothing... Especially when it costs a crapload of resources. Are these for putting into item frames or what? I just don't get it...

Seems like an extraordinary waste of time to bother coding in an item that does jack squat.
Sorry about that, you should still keep it because it will do something worthwhile in the future.
I think the reason I released them unfinished was that a tmodloader update came out that required mods to update some code, and I wanted to get that out as soon as possible (not 100% certain about this though) I probably should have removed the recipes but for some reason, I didn't. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ok, that took longer than I expected, should probably reply instantly from now on.

Hey guys check out Exodus Mod Here is our discord <Link Removed>

@KillerMoon

Please do not advertise your Mod in another member's mod Thread. Posts need to be on topic and in this case focused on the Mod of the Thread Creator, and no other Mods. If you haven't created a Thread already, please create your own Thread to showcase your own Mod.

Last edited:
So i realize that the boss mega items dont really have a purpose yet, and I was thinking that you could do something similar to calamity's waifus and have them as an accessory where it summons a friendly version of that boss. No mod really does this and im not sure if im being original or its impossible to code.

So i realize that the boss mega items dont really have a purpose yet, and I was thinking that you could do something similar to calamity's waifus and have them as an accessory where it summons a friendly version of that boss. No mod really does this and im not sure if im being original or its impossible to code.
This is actually pretty good idea! I already had something else in mind, but I can maybe incorporate that in.

Please do me a favour and add a poll on what you should focus on doing first as people know what your doing with the mod and what people want more in the mod rn. This might look like i'm demanding it but i'm not its just an opinion ill most likely vote in making the boss items useful because I need actual accessories XD

Honestly i would think that would take a lot of time but ehh worth it (make them so they give buffs eg; wall of flesh gives obsidian skin buff, idk do what you want the mod is yours :p)

Please do me a favour and add a poll on what you should focus on doing first as people know what your doing with the mod and what people want more in the mod rn. This might look like i'm demanding it but i'm not its just an opinion ill most likely vote in making the boss items useful because I need actual accessories XD

Honestly i would think that would take a lot of time but ehh worth it (make them so they give buffs eg; wall of flesh gives obsidian skin buff, idk do what you want the mod is yours :p)
I think I probably will do that. There are a lot of things I want to get done in the next few updates and a poll should help me decide what order to do them in
[doublepost=1520490114,1520489643][/doublepost]So, continuing on from above, I've created a poll where you get to decide on what happens in the next update (note that the update won't come out for some time as I am currently working on other projects)
https://strawpoll.com/ab182hsf

I think I probably will do that. There are a lot of things I want to get done in the next few updates and a poll should help me decide what order to do them in
[doublepost=1520490114,1520489643][/doublepost]So, continuing on from above, I've created a poll where you get to decide on what happens in the next update (note that the update won't come out for some time as I am currently working on other projects)
https://strawpoll.com/ab182hsf

Thank you for hearing me out :D

ALSO REALLY IMPORTANT! The pinky is unbalanced I bought one for 1 gold and get 3-5 gold, balance it to 5 gold or something also is it supposed to spawn 2?

Last edited:
A couple things.

1: In the Rare Creature Collector’s shop, I think there are too many items in page one of the shop, making the Holy Sword item for spawning Enchanted Swords is unpurchaseable. Might wanna move that over to to page 2.

2: You mentioned the the items you make out off the boss drop items will be equipment items. I love this idea. When these are done, would it be possible to make some of these for modded bosses (EG, DoG, Coznix, Folvine, etc.)?

3: There are a couple Thorium minibosses that seem to be missing from the Archwizard’s shop (Patchwerk and the Corpse Bloom).

Also, an idea for the boss emblems/icons/whatever they’re called: While visible, a little icon of the boss could circle around you similar to the frozen turtle shell (But not near as fast.)

Aside from that though, the mod is amazing. I’ve always looked for a fargo-like mod for mini bosses, and now Danew’s is a staple of every modded playthrough I do. I’d love to contribute in some way, so if you ever need help, hit me up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom