dark artist armor may be a little better than specture

Theratking43

Spazmatism
so i wanted to kill betsy and get the betsy's wraith to help with moon lord later on.and i wanted to see if there was somthing i could do to kill her (BTW the first time i killed her i got both a betsy trophy and the betsy's wraith)and i looked at mage armor and found the dark artist armor,and found some of its stats were better then specture's stats.Specture with mask: the orbs,+60 mana,mana usage -13%,and magic damage and crit increased by 5%,but the dark artists stats are:+3 sentry slots,+60% minion damage,then the good part, +25% magic damage and crit. so i tested to see what is better,i found that dark is better at consistantly high damage but spectures spikes up and down.
my test results against a destroyer using the razor pine were thus:
dark artist: around 3100 dps
specture(w/mask): between 2700-3700 but usually around 3000ish

but im not satisfied yet,i would like a small range of test results to see if im alone here.
my acc were celestial stone and shell,mana flower,avenger,destroyer,and sorcerer emblems
i wanna see if i may have found a little something.

Actually Hallowed Headgear, Dark Artist's Robe and Dark Artist's leggings is better than offensive Spectre armor, and if you want a more defensive set better than the spectre hood variant I recommend replacing the robe with the valhalla breastplate due to it's incredible regen. The offensive combination I just listed in total gives 27% more magic damage, 37% more magic critical strike change, 100+ mana and 40 defense. And for the valhalla one it's 15% less magic damage than the offensive combination, but instead gives a total of 49 defense alongside 8+ health regen per second.

Actually Hallowed Headgear, Dark Artist's Robe and Dark Artist's leggings is better than offensive Spectre armor, and if you want a more defensive set better than the spectre hood variant I recommend replacing the robe with the valhalla breastplate due to it's incredible regen. The offensive combination I just listed in total gives 27% more magic damage, 37% more magic critical strike change, 100+ mana and 40 defense. And for the valhalla one it's 15% less magic damage than the offensive combination, but instead gives a total of 49 defense alongside 8+ health regen per second.
the only reason i will do this is because im a believer in the moon lord fight that offence and good dodging is the best defence...and offence.

Does anyone know if this is still true in 1.4.1? Specter Armor was buffed (both with orb mechanics and +5% more damage and critical chance) and Dark Artist Armor received mana cost reduction.

Dark artist is better than spectre HOOD set (40% magic dmg redueced)

Ah, but you see the set has all this damage reduction because of lifesteal. It’s an incredibly potent that is well worth the damage reduction, and also there’s nothing stopping you from carrying around both helmets and switching them out as you see fit.

spectre mask's set bonus effectively adds a flat 400 dps when doing magic attacks. If you stop doing magic attacks then it will build up and do extra damage to make up for the time it wasn't being used. The burst cap is high enough if to cover the time needed to regenrate mana with a mana regen potion.

It's not as good as a mage/summoner hybrid set (hallowed/spooky/dark art) since the extra summoning abilites can out perform that setbonus, while also having higher raw magic stats.

It depends on weapons you use.
Hallowed Headgear+ Dark Artist armor/pants give +20% more crit

Spectre mask bonus is capped at +500 stable DPS

Since +20% crit = *DPS* x1.2, everything above 2500 DPS is more effective with the Hallowed + Dark Artist set

Back
Top Bottom