tModLoader Dark-Assassin's various mini mods

Hey Dark Assassin, it seems your mods are outdated. I downloaded the variable potion sickness, Da Lib and Terrariahooks and received an error telling me that they were built for tmodload 10.3 when we're at 11.3. I hope you update your work to function in tmodloader 11. The potion sickness variable is something I always wanted and it's a shame it can't function unless the mods it's dependant on is updated.

You can't. It's for tModLoader v0.10.5 only.
I haven't gotten around to updating my mods for v0.11 yet mainly due to lack of motivation and very low demand.

Suppose I will wait around until they are updated, as I really miss having your variable potion sickness mod (one of the only mods I found to add a way to remove potion sickness completely, or next to completely )

I'd really love to see your TooltipsPlus mod updated/finished/released, if possible.

No worries if you can't or don't want to. Just wanted to express my interest in it.

The main feature that I'm wanting from it is the tooltip backgrounds.

Edit: The recent updates to console added a background to tooltips. So with some luck, this will also become a feature of 1.4 and a mod wont be needed.

Last edited:
Keep getting this error when trying to install your mod
1587306006473.png

1587306019026.png

SOS

Thanks.

I can't find where to report issues, but I was wondering if you could fix one that's been around for awhile.

DA Lib (and Player Resource Bars) rely on TerrariaHooks to work, but that mod has been implemented into regular tModLoader (0x0ade/TerrariaHooks) and thus won't be updated

I was wondering if you could update your mods to reflect this change, as they were some of my favourites.

Thanks.

Yup... here we go again

This is why open sourcing your works is a good thing, so when your passion dies out, others can update and carry the touch for you.
There's TML Patcher to solve this issue, and don't forget to credit the mod's creator (Dark-Assassin) for the modified version of this mod. I am no coder so I can't be bothered doing this job, sorry. Though you can request someone to do it in tML discord, some people might be willing to volunteer to do it.

I asked people what to do if you want to modify+publish the mod but it is closed-source + developer can't be contacted, you can publish it as a new mod in behalf of the old mod

There's TML Patcher to solve this issue, and don't forget to credit the mod's creator (Dark-Assassin) for the modified version of this mod.
true, but your not off the hook yet, as that's an unofficial alteration without written permission.
Your only allowed to keep those to yourself or share them privately.
You post that in a public-TML moderated space, and your asking for trouble.

(if this wasn't an issue, I'd freely share links to a working version of Tremor outside of discord)

That aside, I don't know how hard it'd be to convert a THooks mod to use the built-in features, I'd imagine not very hard since it was well... basically made official API functionality in TML.

true, but your not off the hook yet, as that's an unofficial alteration without written permission.
Your only allowed to keep those to yourself or share them privately.
You post that in a public-TML moderated space, and your asking for trouble.

(if this wasn't an issue, I'd freely share links to a working version of Tremor outside of discord)

That aside, I don't know how hard it'd be to convert a THooks mod to use the built-in features, I'd imagine not very hard since it was well... basically made official API functionality in TML.
Exactly, this issue can be easily solved with a little modification by using the built-in THook in latest version of tML, though the only thing that holds us back is the permissions due to intellectual property

I'd really love to see your TooltipsPlus mod updated/finished/released, if possible.

No worries if you can't or don't want to. Just wanted to express my interest in it.

The main feature that I'm wanting from it is the tooltip backgrounds.

Edit: The recent updates to console added a background to tooltips. So with some luck, this will also become a feature of 1.4 and a mod wont be needed.

Sorry of this reply is a bit too late, but there's a mod in 1.3 called "Readable Tooltips" that does exactly the same thing: Adds backgrounds to tooltips

I could suggest some tooltip mods that you might like: (Note: all of them are compatible to each other, you can install all of them if you want)

Readable Tooltips - Adds background to your tooltip, disables favorite tooltip hints, and adds border that matches the same rarity color

More Item Info - Adds visual recipes below that has "Material" tag in it, and displays sell value to any items

Thorium Class Tags Consistency - Adds class tags (Warrior, Ranger, Sorcerer, Summoner, Thrower) in any weapon tooltip, can work even without Thorium installed, adds "Bard" and "Healer" class tags when you have Thorium installed.

Item Stats+ - Adds in-depth stats for all weapons, I don't know how to properly explain this, but it works similar to MMORPG-style item stats

Which Mod Is This From? (WMITF) - Adds a name tag to an item of which mod did the said item belonged to

Hook Stats and Wing Stats - Adds an in-depth stats for items like hooks and wings

I wouldn't recommend No Favorite Tooltips and DPS Tooltip, as No Favorite Tooltips' feature is also integrated to Readable Tooltips, while DPS Tooltip gives inaccurate dps stat and unwanted dps stat to non-weapon items (if I remember correctly)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom