Sprites Dark ocean. A expansion to the content lacking ocean.

Would you like to see this?

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • This needs tweeking

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

tecnojet

Steampunker
I was exploring a new world that I made and I realized that the ocean was kind of empty... of content...
I propose a new ocean biome. The dark ocean!
What is it?
The dark ocean is a small biome that spawns at the very edges of the world. It occurs after the Drop off point of a ocean, The drop off point is a cliff that goes down around 30 blocks. It spawns after the regular ocean has gone on for a certain amount of blocks. Back to the dark ocean! The Dark ocean contains new kinds of plants, some new monsters and a new Ocean boss!
The Corals?
First, there are the regular corals. These spawn 60% more commonly down in the Dark ocean.
Coral_%28placed%29.png

These are pretty basic and can be found in the regular ocean. The Dark ocean has six corals that are rare, They appear as different items as regular corral. They are Deep coral.
These are used as a potion ingredient for the 'Phosphorus potion' and the 'Flask of Floatation' we will talk about these later.
The corals that spawn down in the deep ocean emit no light and when they are touched they deal small amounts of damage and break, similar to thorns but they deal more damage.
The monsters
There are 3 new monsters in the dark ocean. The normal ocean monsters also spawn down here but there are new monsters to look out for.

Orca
Orca.png

Hp: 800/900
Damage: 60/90
Defense: 20
KB resist: 40%/46%
Drops:
Gold_Coin.png
Diving_Helmet.png
2%

Angler Fish
<No image>
Hp: 35/45
Damage: 30/50
Defense: 0
KB resist: 5%/7.5%
Drops:
bone 1-2

Red squid
<No Image>
Hp: 700/950
Damage: 60/75 (Bite inflicts a paralysis effect)
Damage: 1/3 (Ink Cloud produced on hard mode only)
Defense: 10
KB resist: 3.5%/8%
Drops:
Squid Tentacle 2%

Bloodback Lurker
<No Image>
Hp: 120/400
Damage: 30/50
Defence: 12
KB resist: 0.2% / 2%
Drops:
Cant decide
The new boss: The Leviathan
This boss acts like wyvern in his summon pattern. If you stay in the dark ocean in post-plantera mode for too long this beast spawns and tries to murder the player.
The boss is similar to wyvern but cannot phase through blocks, instead bounces off them. It has 8 segments, including its head, body and back. Its a white/light grey colour with green eyes and red spike like things on its back.

Leviathan.
<No image>
Hp: 20000/32000
Damage: 130/195
Defence: 24
KB resist: 100%/100%
Drops:
Cant decide yet.

The Potions?
There are two new potions here. The Phosphorus potion and the Flask of floatation.
These are both crafted like regular potions but here are their stats and recipes!

Lets start with the Phosphorus potion.
Gills_Potion.png
This is made with dark coral and a water bottle.
Drinking this will give the player the same effect as shine but it also reduces mob aggravation by 15%.

Then there is the flask of floatation.
Wormhole_Potion.png
This is a throwable potion. If this contacts the floor or any entity it explodes and releases a cloud of white gas that persists in that location for 30 seconds. standing in this cloud will give the player a levitation effect throwing them into the sky for 30 seconds. When this runs out the player probably will fall to their death, so will monsters.

Map immage coming soon
tbh cant b botherd rn

I really need a sprite artist. Im terrible.
Help.

This is WIP btw.

Keep in mind there's already an angler fish in the game, and flasks imbue your weapons. I would say rename them something more creative. Phosphorus potion is great and so is the name, and everything is pretty good except those two things, which I like, but they do need to be tweaked slightly.

The boss sounds more like a mini-boss to me. Besides, we already have a post-plantera ocean boss (Duke Fishron). I think The Leviathan should be an early hardmode boss instead.

Back
Top Bottom