tAPI Dark Souls Weapons Mod

Big question which is kinda big deal for me: do "great" weapons have a slight chance to stun enemies? Like poise break in original.

Still, amazing job.

[EDIT]
Okay, after some time of toying around with it - this needs a lot of balancing.
Most of all, up a lot of slow weapons. Speed or damage - your call, but they need it.
Spears need more range to them, pike is just barely longer than base game weapons while being, well, utter :red:e because of speed.
And you should've made rapiers work like spears instead of short swords.

Still love it, but hey, flaws are flaws and should be pointed out.

Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated. Balancing ideas are always welcome.

Great class weapons currently have increased knockback, damage and usually range, at the cost of a slow speed. To add a stun ability I would have to look into making a custom debuff for this, which might prove difficult (but is an interesting idea).

Keep in mind that all of these weapons are supposed to be available at the same time as Silver/Tungsten weapons.
I see what you mean with the speed of certain slow weapons. If I am able to implement an upgrade system, the differences in slow weapons' damage output should be more notable as upgrades are made.

The range of spears comes not from their use time or use speed, but rather from their velocity at which they leave the player. I'll look into increasing that velocity, to give them more range. The slow speed of the pike is actually supposed to work in it's favor, since it can hit enemies multiple times. This is especially effective against burrowing enemies like the Eater of Worlds.

6Yh88Sh.png

While I can see rapiers being more useful if acting like spears (in certain situations), that is not how they are used in Dark Souls. They are used for quick pokes forward. This is also for more variety, since almost all halberds and spears have the spear moveset.

//gutted to avoid cluttering//
I understand the problem with tier and whatnot, but the issue is that they, well, too unified and mostly bad because of the speed/damage ratio - and also incredibly small compared to base game weapons which is of no help. Hence badly outclassed by said silver/tungsten weapons. And about pike: I figured it out just before coming back and checking what you said, it is indeed much better than I thought initially. And upgrade system sounds really, really good.

Also, using titanite itself for crafting is a little bit... weird. Why not use silver and stone to craft shards and then combine them with iron ingots to make the weapons? Makes more sense than using shards themselves. Slightly less than said shards being a generated ore, but I'm not asking for a miracle here.

I understand the problem with tier and whatnot, but the issue is that they, well, too unified and mostly bad because of the speed/damage ratio - and also incredibly small compared to base game weapons which is of no help. Hence badly outclassed by said silver/tungsten weapons. And about pike: I figured it out just before coming back and checking what you said, it is indeed much better than I thought initially. And upgrade system sounds really, really good.
I'll look into the changing sizes of weapons, and probably make them larger. Any specific ones you find are too small?

Also, using titanite itself for crafting is a little bit... weird. Why not use silver and stone to craft shards and then combine them with iron ingots to make the weapons? Makes more sense than using shards themselves. Slightly less than said shards being a generated ore, but I'm not asking for a miracle here.
The description for Titanite Shards and Slabs:
"Titanite shards are fragments of the Legendary Slabs. Titanite is etched into weapons to reinforce."
"Legendary Slabs are the heirlooms of a nameless blacksmith deity, who forged the weapons of other Gods. Weapons forged with this slab become rare legendary weapons."

The first one states that Titanite is used for weapon reinforcement. The second one suggests that there are legendary weapons which are forged from Slabs. Seeing as Titanite shards are fragments of the Slabs, the idea is that they too can be used for the forging of weapons.
If you are saying that the crafting ingredients for the shards themselves don't make much sense, I do agree with you. However those were chosen for other reasons. Specifically tier, availability of materials and for overview.

Thank you again for your feedback. It really helps to see other people's views.

I'll look into the changing sizes of weapons, and probably make them larger. Any specific ones you find are too small?
Spear. Seriously, it's insultingly short.
Also most of straight swords and daggers. Well, swords are just me being picky, but daggers have the same reach of caestus and that's a little bit not true.

Also, "forged with" does not necessarily mean "made of". On most occasions it stands for inclusion of material as an additive, not material itself. The only weapon I can honestly think of as entirely titanium-made is Dragon Tooth since it's technically indestructible and weighs a whopping ton. Plus it's a dragon tooth, and dragon bones were used as upgrade material in DaS2 after all, so it kinda makes sense that replica of it should be made of titanium.

Just my opinion, ever considered using titanium or titanstone block as recipe for the shards? Since most of the weapons belongs in the lower tier, I can't use them for long.

Just my opinion, ever considered using titanium or titanstone block as recipe for the shards? Since most of the weapons belongs in the lower tier, I can't use them for long.
You are quite right about the low tier of the weapons, and it is currently very much intentional. I will have an update out this week, that will allow you to upgrade your weapons up to +3 which will be approximately equal to the Hallowed tier. More details will follow.

New update: v1.0.1 is now out.
Adds an upgrade System that allows upgrades of the base weapons to +3.

[Download]

AD2nN0o.png

Use Large Titanite
fxJsCAX.png
, Titanite Chunk
jMt5I4v.png
, and Titanite Slab
IaQdjeO.png
to upgrade Weapons to +1, +2, and +3 respectively.
(For any of you who have played Dark Souls, this is similar to +5, +10 and +15 upgrades)

New update: v1.0.1 is now out.
Adds an upgrade System that allows upgrades of the base weapons to +3.

[Download]

AD2nN0o.png

Use Large Titanite
fxJsCAX.png
, Titanite Chunk
jMt5I4v.png
, and Titanite Slab
IaQdjeO.png
to upgrade Weapons to +1, +2, and +3 respectively.
(For any of you who have played Dark Souls, this is similar to +5, +10 and +15 upgrades)
Oh cool! I just decided to download this mod today, and bam, an update.
I never played darksouls, so it would be nice to get a bit more information on how the upgrade system works.

Oh cool! I just decided to download this mod today, and bam, an update.
I never played darksouls, so it would be nice to get a bit more information on how the upgrade system works.
Titanite Shards are the base for making all the weapons currently, just go to the guide with one and see what weapon might interest you. To upgrade you need materials called 'Large Titanite Shards', 'Titanite Chunk', and 'Titanite Slab'. You can see how to craft these in the image I posted above. Currently the upgrade system is used to increase the damage output of weapons.

This update just made this mod so more desireable in hardmode ;)
I wish I could have released this sooner, but I'm glad I was able to at all. Finding time and motivation to code can be rather difficult.

Titanite Shards are the base for making all the weapons currently, just go to the guide with one and see what weapon might interest you. To upgrade you need materials called 'Large Titanite Shards', 'Titanite Chunk', and 'Titanite Slab'. You can see how to craft these in the image I posted above. Currently the upgrade system is used to increase the damage output of weapons.
Thanks for explaining it. Keep making those updates ;)

How do you upgrade a weapon? Is there a special tile that you need to use? And do you have to upgrade each weapon in order of titanite or does slabs automatically make the weapon +3?

How do you upgrade a weapon? Is there a special tile that you need to use? And do you have to upgrade each weapon in order of titanite or does slabs automatically make the weapon +3?
I'm glad some people are still interested in mods, I was quite surprised to see another reply to this thread.
I assume you are aware you need to run tAPI, which is only updated to Terraria update 1.2.4

Weapon creation, crafting materials and upgrades are all done at a 'Stone Kiln' which is crafted from stone and torches. You do need to go through the steps of upgrading it to first +1, +2 and +3 individually.

The chart below aims to explain how the crafting and upgrade materials are made. You can also go to the guide with your current weapon and see what is required in the next upgrade step. (For example a 'Shortsword + 1' will require you to use a 'Titanite Chunk' to turn it into a 'Shortsword + 2')
AD2nN0o.png

You can always feel free to ask questions if you have any.

I'm glad some people are still interested in mods, I was quite surprised to see another reply to this thread.
I assume you are aware you need to run tAPI, which is only updated to Terraria update 1.2.4

Weapon creation, crafting materials and upgrades are all done at a 'Stone Kiln' which is crafted from stone and torches. You do need to go through the steps of upgrading it to first +1, +2 and +3 individually.

The chart below aims to explain how the crafting and upgrade materials are made. You can also go to the guide with your current weapon and see what is required in the next upgrade step. (For example a 'Shortsword + 1' will require you to use a 'Titanite Chunk' to turn it into a 'Shortsword + 2')

Thanks for the explanation and since you gave one I now know that this mod NEEDS to be included with the other ones I am using. +1 :red:

Back
Top Bottom