Other Literature Dart-only Playthrough

In this thread I will be posting my journey through the Dart-only weapon challenge. In this challenge, I can only use weapons that use darts as ammunition. This includes:
  • Blowpipe - obtained in Surface chests.
  • Blowgun - bought from the Witch Doctor, making it post-queen bee.
  • Dart Pistol - 25% chance from Crimson Mimic.
  • Dart Rifle - 25% chance from Corrupt Mimic.
I decided to play a Normal, Large Crimson world. I chose Normal simply to make it a bit easier, Large for the highest chance of finding a Blowpipe, and Crimson for the powerful Ichor Darts.
I also have a few quality of life mods installed including Fargo's Mutant Mod, Useful NPCs, Boss Checklist and Boss Health Bar.

So I started off by trashing my Copper Shortsword and immediately heading right. I found a crimson pretty quickly and head left, finding a desert. I collected the cactus to get some decent earlygame armour. I kept going and found a pyramid, with a sandstorm in a bottle, which would be very nice as I need to dodge enemies at this point. I then found a jungle, and just as my health was going into the single digits I used a recall potion. I set up a workbench and crafted the Cactus armour, as well as the pickaxe. Since I could dodge enemies quite good now, I decided to go to the crimson biome and I found three surface chests. Unfortunately, I found no blowpipe, though i did get the Aglet, Radar and Climbing Claws. I kept on going right, looting every single chest until I finally found the Blowpipe. I decided to teleport home to set up some houses. Using the bars I had gathered from the chests, I managed to make some upgraded tools.

1586668987021.png

My next step will be to head to the Jungle to collect stingers. I'll then craft some Poison Darts, which are the only type of dart available in Pre-Hardmode.
Since Eye of Cthulhu and King Slime won't drop anything useful for me, I'll jump straight to Brain of Cthulhu for the Crimson armor which will give us a slight damage increase, a lot of defense and increased life regen.

I went to the Jungle, and found a rather large cave. I tried to farm hornets, but my defense was far too low to be able to cope with the damage. I died and decided to go mining, collecting whatever ores I could. Along the way I found the Skeleton Merchant, and I bought some Strange Brew for some upgraded healing. I then crafted a combination of Tungsten and Platinum armor, bringing my defense to 16. The Alchemist NPC from Helpful NPCs arrived, so I bought some buff potions and returned to the Jungle, and gathered about 4 stingers. I crafted them all into darts, giving me quite a lot of ammo. I looted a couple jungle chests, giving my shoe spikes and flower boots. It turns out that the flowers that the flower boots spawn give seeds, pretty much giving me unlimited ammo. Now my blowpipe is becoming quite a good weapon. I then broke a couple Crimson Hearts, in hope of starting a Goblin invasion. My second heart dropped a panic necklace, which I swapped with my Aglet as it could be quite useful. Later, a meteor spawned. I decided to create a Meteor Hamaxe and Meteor armour, which gave me a small defense boost. I went back to the jungle to craft more darts.
1586689052384.png

Now that I have a decent set of armor and some good ammunition, I am almost ready to fight some bosses. However I still need to find some life crystals underground.

I headed underground and grabbed a few life crystals and tons of gems. I also found a couple chests that had hermes boots, a cloud in a bottle and a suspicious looking eye. I decided to fight the eye as i'd need the crimtane to set up Magic Storage anyways.

Eye of Cthulhu with Dart Weapons Only

I set up the Magic Storage system and I decide to craft the summoning item for the brain as it'd be easier to fight it on the surface.
I also head back underground to grab some more life crystals.

Back
Top Bottom