Game Mechanics Dash and Armour ability hotkey.

Necroing this thread because I'd love to see this happen. Hotkeys would be so much better than double taps.
Without this placed in the game, it is probably possible to do this with some AutoHotKey script (for solo gameplay, I don't know if it's allowed on multiplayer servers, I just play this game alone), it would be the same functionality but it is not the same thing of have this in the game.

Without this placed in the game, it is probably possible to do this with some AutoHotKey script (for solo gameplay, I don't know if it's allowed on multiplayer servers, I just play this game alone), it would be the same functionality but it is not the same thing of have this in the game.
So adding an AutoHotKey script would accomplish half of what I want to do, which is to bind dash to a hotkey - but it wouldn't be able to remove the double-tap dash. Accidental dashes is my biggest frustration with double-tap dashing, and AHK can't prevent accidental dashes.

So adding an AutoHotKey script would accomplish half of what I want to do, which is to bind dash to a hotkey - but it wouldn't be able to remove the double-tap dash. Accidental dashes is my biggest frustration with double-tap dashing, and AHK can't prevent accidental dashes.
My issue in needing to have dash in a button is easier to use dash without having to use the button twice, the script should serve for that, but considering what you said, the script is not the same thing as having this function in the game mainly in a way that removes accidental dashes.

I think the game needs a non-movement button to dash, one button for left dash and one for right dash.
Depending on the terraria system it maybe may even be possible to put the dash on a single button with the effect depending on the direction of the character, although a button for each side would be more complete for all situations costing an extra button, in case it still exists situations of the character running backwards for example.

Dashes in this game already have a time limit, I do not think it should need to have a limit of needing to press the button twice since in some cases a lot of use speed is necessary.

Separate button(s) to dash with automatic use while the button is held would be wonderful.

Last edited:
My issue in needing to have dash in a button is easier to use dash without having to use the button twice, the script should serve for that, but considering what you said, the script is not the same thing as having this function in the game mainly in a way that removes accidental dashes.

I think the game needs a non-movement button to dash, one button for left dash and one for right dash.
Depending on the terraria system it maybe may even be possible to put the dash on a single button with the effect depending on the direction of the character, although a button for each side would be more complete for all situations costing an extra button, in case it still exists situations of the character running backwards for example.

Dashes in this game already have a time limit, I do not think it should need to have a limit of needing to press the button twice since in some cases a lot of use speed is necessary.

A separate button to dash on direction with automatic use while the button is held would be wonderful.
Yeah, I can think of a number of dash options I might experiment with if I could do this. In WASD, I might put left/right dash on Q and E. Or if playing on ESDF, could dash on A and G. Or maybe even trigger dash by SHIFT + direction. Just please not double-tap :)

Yeah, I can think of a number of dash options I might experiment with if I could do this. In WASD, I might put left/right dash on Q and E. Or if playing on ESDF, could dash on A and G. Or maybe even trigger dash by SHIFT + direction. Just please not double-tap :)
True, there are so many options. It is even more convenient if you have a mouse with side buttons.

Dashes can now be turned off and on with just one button via the new equipment loadouts switching system, which apparently lessens the problem, although the game still needs a button for each dash direction IMO, so it doesn't need an external script.

The new option could even be optional with the player choosing whether they want the way they already have it or the new one through the settings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom