Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I was having some issues with triggering the achievement. I tried new characters and new worlds to no avail. The thing that solved it for me was playing single player. IE, it seems to not trigger while playing multiplayer.

I can confirm this issue too, but in my case I duplicated the chest on my journey mode character, placed on the floor then opened It.
I wonder, does It requires taking/placing an item on It? Or is It related to the red shirt?

The only thing the game checks for is whether, when you die, you have recently (reportedly 10 seconds) opened a Dead Man's Chest. I got the achievement by opening a DMC I already had in my house and then killing myself with a Rod of Discord. Your cause of death doesn't have to be related to the chest at all.

That's actually right. I placed the deadman's chest and then rigged It to a explosive, then opened It. I got the achievement when my character died after opening the chest. That means we misinterpreted It, It's supposed to die after opening the chest.

Similar to the Watch Your Step! achievement (requires death to a trap), the Dead Men achievement requires you to be killed opening a trapped chest. If you survive, no achievement.

For anyone still not getting the achievement:
It does not work in multiplayer
I got it on my first try on a single player world

Back
Top Bottom