Other Death Mode!!!! (harder than Expert)

Shall it be added?

• Yes

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I don't care

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • THIS MODE IS 99% HARDER THAN EXPERT!!!

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
"You shall DIE!!!"

The mode is (nearly) similar to Expert but more harder (already added in Calamity Mod, with Instant Kill Devourer of Gods head, can be initiated with the "Death" item in Revengeance Modes)

-Enemies have their health and damage 2.5x as much (Weak enemies become stronger and harder in hardmode and/or when more players join)
-Skeletron has 999 defence if his hands are not defeated(and the same damage as his Normal and Expert but 2.5x as op)
-if you're softcore you DROP ALL OF YOUR MONIES!! (not 50% or 75%)
-Friendly NPC's do 1.75x more damage
-player defence capping is multiplied twice (and an Arkhalis/Exotic Scimitar could reduce damage to 1 on platinum armour)
-Demon Statues spawn on the Lava Cavern layer (as they summon Demons and/or Voodoo Demons and/or Red Devils, but said Red Devils drop nothing until a Mechanical has been defeated in HardMode)
-Lunar Pillars need 175 enemies to be vincible
-Medusa spawn in pre-hardmode, but doesn't drop anything until Hardmode
-Loot from pots are more than Expert when broken
-Demon's Heart (a prize from the Disbeliever/Wall of Flesh in expert) is usable in this mode
-Armoured Skeletons/Bones with a sword shield attacks (you cannot attack them and vice versa)
-THRICE AS FAST EVENT COMPLETION (Such as Pumpkin (Halloween based) and Frost (X-mas based) Moons)
-Health regen is really slow (one-fifth the regen of normal mode without a regeneration boost
-extra attacks for PreHardMode bosses (e.g. the EoC will add lasers, and in second "mouth" form he will fire a death Ray)

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to say no to this one. Expert mode can get easy sometimes, but most of the time it is already very difficult. Also, a lot of the things you are suggesting here are extremely overpowered. And why would I want to fight Skeletron after Moon Lord? Sorry, but I do not support.

"You shall DIE!!!"

The mode is (nearly) similar to Expert but more harder and unlocked after killing the Moon Lord in Expert Mode (not to be confused with Hardmode; a Post-WoF final world change in Normal, Expert, and Death modes)

-Enemies have their health and damage THRICE/FOUR TIMES/... AS MUCH!! (Weak enemies become stronger and harder in hardmode and/or when more players join)
-Skeletron has 9999 defence if his hands are not defeated(and the same damage as his Normal and Expert but thrice as op)
-if you're softcore you DROP ALL OF YOUR MONIES!! (not 50% or 75%)
-Friendly NPC's do twice more damage
-player defence capping is multiplied twice (and an Arkhalis/Exotic Scimitar could reduce damage to 1 on platinum armour)
-Demon Statues spawn on the Lava Cavern layer (as they summon Demons and/or Voodoo Demons and/or Red Devils in Post-Mechanical)
-Lunar Pillars need 200 enemies to be vincible
-Medusa spawn in pre-hardmode with EXPERT HARDMODE STATS!!!!
-Loot from pots are more than Expert when broken
-Demon's Heart (a prize from the Disbeliever/Wall of Flesh in expert) is usable in this mode
-Armoured Skeletons/Bones with a sword shield attacks (you cannot attack them and vice versa)
-THRICE AS FAST EVENT COMPLETION (Such as Pumpkin (Halloween based) and Frost (X-mas based) Moons)
-Health regen is really slow (one-fifth the regen of normal mode without a regeneration boost
-extra attacks for PreHardMode bosses (e.g. the EoC will add lasers, and in second "mouth" form he will fire a death Ray)
If there was another mode, it would be too much... Expert was added to make a challenge, and it already is. I like how you want to add more challenge to the game, but to add more challenge you'll need to add more bosses, or add new enemies, you get what i mean?

I made some ENemy and Boss suggestion @Crazzi Turtle
What im trying to say is that death mode is too much. Expert came out in 1.3 and gave more than enough of a challenge. Bosses in expert could do insane damage and possible 3 shot or 2 shot you, if you were to triple stats or whatever, youd probably die in one hit. Thats not hard, thats too hard. Whats nice about expert is, if a new player beat moonlord, they could go onto expert mode. That of which would push them to their limits. You also need to think a bit more mature about "Death" mode as it feels like one of those ideas that doesnt really make sense to add and is kinda useless. Ita not really needed. You got class playthroughs, expert class playthroughs, modded expert, modded class playthrough expert or whatever. Death mode is too much, just stick with 2 modes. If thats not hard enough, do it in hardcore.

Why would i want to play this mode? Expert mode contains powerful new drops, Mediumcore-Expert already provides a "even higher challenge" hardcore expert after that, ymrir level stuff after. And we don't need a mode to satisfy ymrirtron prime, before you start with that.

Back
Top Bottom