Sprites [Decoration][Buff]Potion Fountian

Would this be a good addition to Terraria?

• Yes

• Maybe

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Blulectric

Official Terrarian
Renamed to Buff Fountains.

Buff Fountains are fountains that give a buff to the player when within it's radius (much like the sunflower).

These fountains are crafted. The recipe would be 25 stone + 1 of any applicable potion.
It must be crafted on a Crystal Ball crafting station using water, therefore Buff Fountains are only obtainable
in Hardmode.

Whatever potion that was used in the recipe will alter the water color and particle effect surrounding the fountain.
However, only one nearby fountain will give a buff at a time, so players can't have several fountains giving
them all the buffs at the same time.

These are the applicable potions for Buff Fountians:

• Swiftness
  • Wrath
  • Regeneration
  • Magic Power
  • Mana Regen
  • Archery
  • Battle
  • Calming
  • Ironskin
  • Endurance
  • Night Owl
  • Warmth
  • LifeForce
  • Gills
  • Obsidian Skin
  • Shine
  • Summoning
  • Gravitation (maybe)
There could be more, but these are the ones I feel are suitable.

Perhaps there could also be health and mana potion fountians?
Health and mana potion fountains will be craftable only with lesser health/mana potions, so they will only heal 50 hp/mp.
The player use these by clicking the fountain when nearby.
This should have a cool down of 60 seconds, but I could make it longer.
This cooldown would be separate from potion sickness, so an additional healing or mana potion can be consumed before or after.

I made some sprites for this as an example. I may update it with a different design for certian potions.
(Top is regeneration, middle is speed, bottom is Lifeforce)

HkWmiGi.png

Note that they can also be toggled on or off like regular fountains.

Last edited:
This is a really good idea. I have conflicted feelings about the recipe, though. 50 potions seems a bit grindy, but at the same time it seems kinda worth it. Maybe put it down to something like 25? Also, the healing fountains seem a bit over powered, and might make boss fights too easy. maybe just make them have the healing sickness for 60/45 seconds, and still be unable to drink another potion.
Other than that, it sounds like a really good idea! perhaps I'll try to make some sprites for the other potions. ^^

I think it may be a bit overpowered, since having all of these buffs always active in your arena kinda kills the whole "gardening" mechanic.
The sprites are lovely though, I really like them!
Maybe you could craft a standard potion fountain and then apply an effect to it. As a bonus it would last 50% longer.
Just throwing ideas in.
Man, these sprites are so cool.

This is a really good idea. I have conflicted feelings about the recipe, though. 50 potions seems a bit grindy, but at the same time it seems kinda worth it. Maybe put it down to something like 25? Also, the healing fountains seem a bit over powered, and might make boss fights too easy. maybe just make them have the healing sickness for 60/45 seconds, and still be unable to drink another potion.
Other than that, it sounds like a really good idea! perhaps I'll try to make some sprites for the other potions. ^^

You are right, I updated the suggestion accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom