Blocks & Decoration Decorative (And kinda functional) Mimic Chests

Next101x

Skeletron
So, Going back to the crimson cave build, let's say you wanna expand it a little, but you wanna include some underground enemies, (Specifically, A mimic) You can't do that...
An idea I had was to make a chest for the respective biome mimic, being dropped by the respective mimic, and this could be a new way to summon the corruption one in a crimson world. My idea is that if you bring a corruption mimic chest to a crimson world, and use a key of night, it will instead summon the corruption mimic. Key of night will not work in the hallowed mimic chest.
Other: Here's a pic
Capture 2020-06-19 17_47_13.png

Is this a mod, or simply an idea? Otherwise a pretty cool concept. But, since the mimic drops a chest, (and you hypothetically had infinite keys of night/light), you'd be able to kill these mimics over and over. But I guess that shouldn't be too overpowered.

+1

I agree we need a way to make crimson mimics in corrupt worlds & vice versa. What if they made it easier than that though?

You could either place a shadow key AND a corrupt/crimson seed in the chest, OR you place the shadow key as usual, but in a graveyard biome.

I agree we need a way to make crimson mimics in corrupt worlds & vice versa. What if they made it easier than that though?

You could either place a shadow key AND a corrupt/crimson seed in the chest, OR you place the shadow key as usual, but in a graveyard biome.
The graveyard thing would work a lot better instead of using seeds, since the opposite world evil's seeds are sold by the dryad in the biome. Putting two items in a chest to summon a mimic might be too much.

Back
Top Bottom