PC Dedicated Steam Server Error

Discussion in 'PC Technical Support' started by LordSeth, Dec 8, 2015.

1. LordSeth

LordSeth Official Terrarian

When trying to launch the Dedicated Server via the included "start-server-steam-friends.bat" it just permanently gives me the error "Please launch the game from your Steam client." when i use the normal "start-server.bat" it works flawlessly... it WAS working back in 1.3.0.1 but now it just spams me with this steam error.
    Any idea how to fix this? Not a big fan of hamachi and the likes AND it was working flawlessly before... so how do i get it back? ^^

btw when i kill the server console (as the restart script instantly spouts the "start in steam error" again ^^ theres a brief output of "Steamworks not initialized" in the console before it closes... took a few trys to get a screenshot of the console before it closed...)

2. Marcus101RR

Marcus101RR Master of Ravens

You only use the "start-server.bat", I think the developers missed something when adding those new bat files. Gotta ask them...

3. LordSeth

LordSeth Official Terrarian

Like I wrote. It worked flawlessly with version 1.3.0.1 e.g. the "Steam Friends" version of the .bat so ppl could actually connect via steam and I didn't have to always look up my local IP so they could connect. As I do not have a steady IP or DNS service in Place for my home computer. And i do not plan to just for an occasional terraria game ;)

But now with version 1.3.0.8 I get the before mentioned error(s)