Game Mechanics Defeating Moon lord should have some real impact on the world

MitBoy

Terrarian
All what he do right now is drop final tier of equipment that gives you + extra 3% of awesomness and several toys. Dn't get me wrong, it's a good reward, but for final boss?
I think by defeating him you prove that you are ruler of this world, which should give your something more.
My Idea: afert killing him for the first time the message "Ancient Spirits Of Light And Dark Have Been Appeased", which reduces hallow\corruption spreading to pre hardmode, or even stop entirely.

Considering he is the MOON Lord, I feel like it should have some effect on things like the Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse(if they already do get affected it, I wouldn't know, as I haven't beaten him yet).

Such as increasing how often they occur or having new enemies spawn during those events?

I was always annoyed that you get all these cool new weapons and armour, but literally nothing to use them on afterwards except stuff you've already beaten.
After defeating the Moon Lord, harder versions of moon events could occur via crafting special items, like a harder version of the pumpkin or frost moon, and beating these would grant you trophies and stuff.
I say trophies, because granting new weapons would defeat the purpose. They'd an optional thing for bragging rights.

It'd also be cool if you saw cultists worshipping YOU instead. Since you, y'know, killed their god.

I was always annoyed that you get all these cool new weapons and armour, but literally nothing to use them on afterwards except stuff you've already beaten.
After defeating the Moon Lord, harder versions of moon events could occur via crafting special items, like a harder version of the pumpkin or frost moon, and beating these would grant you trophies and stuff.
I say trophies, because granting new weapons would defeat the purpose. They'd an optional thing for bragging rights.

It'd also be cool if you saw cultists worshipping YOU instead. Since you, y'know, killed their god.
Well, it's always been like that. There's always been a final end game boss that is super hard to beat and gives you amazing loot. There's always going to be an end(as they will stop developing for it or a new update hasn't come out yet).

Back
Top Bottom