Mobile Defeating Skeletron before the Eye of Cthulhu!

Which boss should I give help on next?

• Eye of Cthulhu

• Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu

• Queen Bee

• The Twins (Retinazor and Spazmatism)

• The Destroyer

• Skeletron Prime

• Plantera

• Golem

• Duke Fishron

Results are only viewable after voting.

KangarooGuy

Steampunker
Have you ever wondered what lurks in the bottom of that castle-looking structure? Have you tried going down there and just ended up dying? Have you ever wanted revenge to that Gigantic Skull- Rascal? Then this thread will help you to get down there! Just follow these steps;

1. Enter a World (Why wouldn't you?!)
2. Do the basics
3. Wait until a meteorite lands
4. Gather some Meteorite and smelt them into bars
5. Find any of the following: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Topaz, Amethyst
6. Craft a Phaseblade (For the specific colors, follow this: Red: Ruby Blue: Sapphire Green: Emerald White: Diamond Yellow: Topaz Purple: Amethyst)
7. Get some additional weapons and armor
8. Talk to the Old Man in the dungeon during night
9. Defeat Skeletron
10. Go down and explore the dungeon!

i hope this helped you, and I hope you have a great Terraria adventure! ;)

Yeah, most of this isn't necessary.

Bosses are so watered down on mobile you could make wooden armor, and grab a gun from the corruption or crimson and take Skeletron down easy peasy.

Thread title implies a guide to defeating Skeletron early in the game.
Defeating Skeletron before the Eye of Cthulhu!

Thread suggests waiting for a (relatively) rare event, and then gives no advice on how to defeat Skeletron.
3. Wait until a meteorite lands
8. Talk to the Old Man in the dungeon during night
9. Defeat Skeletron

How exactly is the thread supposed to help people? /:

Thread title implies a guide to defeating Skeletron early in the game.

Thread suggests waiting for a (relatively) rare event, and then gives no advice on how to defeat Skeletron.

How exactly is the thread supposed to help people? /:
The advice here is that I suggest you make a Phaseblade and use it to challenge Skeletron. If you aren't satisfied, then i'm going to edit this thread.

There are too many guides these days but people have their own way of defeating bosses and other things. Its nice of them to give their ideas of how to do such things, even if we already know.

There are too many guides these days but people have their own way of defeating bosses and other things. Its nice of them to give their ideas of how to do such things, even if we already know.

I just feel it adds so little in its current form that it doesn't really warrant its own thread - all it does is tell people to do what they likely would have done anyway, just faster.

What this guide is saying can be boiled down to:

1. Play the game
2. Get some better gears
3. Kill the boss

That is generally what people do anyway. I suggest you scratch step 1 to 7, and provide some real, essential details of recommended gears and how to get them. Explain how they are useful in the fight. Then for the fight itself, elaborate more instead of simply saying "go up to the boss, kill the boss, profit".

It is actually relatively easy to defeat Skeleton, I actually managed to defeat it clad in copper and with a silver broadsword! Nonetheless, it's great you made this guide in the hope that it would be good use for us Terrarians. ;)

Even easier way
Since the BoC is easier than EoW I recommend a crimson world. Get the silver armor at minimum and make sure you get at least 150 health go down into the Crimson break 3 crimson hearts hoping you will get the Lance then defeat it once for the Crimson helmet at minimum after that get gold armor and 200 health then justhe Pwn skeleton it is that easy since 5he phase blade recipient is so rare

HELP ive gone up against skeletron i thinks its 4-5 times now and i STILL CANT BEAT HIM HELP please.

Honestly, "do the basics" isn't exactly descriptive, and I don't think new players just want to sit around and wait for a meteorite to show up. Especially if they don't know what the hell you have to do to get a meteorite to show up.

And it doesn't say much about the actual fight, either. If I asked for help on defeating the Cultist and someone told me "Just kill it!" I wouldn't be too pleased.

HELP ive gone up against skeletron i thinks its 4-5 times now and i STILL CANT BEAT HIM HELP please.
How to: Defeat Skeletron

1. You must obtain meteorite armor and space gun. to do this, you must go to crimsone biome (to know if youre on this biome, look up for red grass and red stones or dark crimsone sand) or corrupt biome (same as crimsone, but the colors are purple) and enter the hole (crimsone has a cave, corrupt has holes) but be careful not to die when falling.
buy some bombs (from demolitionist) or obtain them in chests (also dynamite too).
If youre on corrupted hole, and theres a patch of corrupted stones throw a bomb, and keep throwing until you reach a narrow long cave (sometimes on corrupt holes, there's no blocks that blocking path to a cave so you will save some bombs) with Demon Altars. If you look closely down (when you're in the cave) you will see purple orbs (Shadow Orb)
that emits light and placed on the wall with some room leaving. use bombs to reach that room and use hammer (or bombs) to destroy it.
You will recieve a message and a drop of a Musket with 100 Musket bullets.

If youre on crimsone, things go a bit easier than the corrupt one. crimsone biome has at least one cave, that leads to underground crimsone (be careful: spiders have ability to move everywhere using walls.) use torches to light up the area and go down until you find a big cave (or at least boss arena, pit)
use blocks/platformes to get down until you see ground. fall on it.
Then you see very interesting thing: there lots of paths that many of them leading to your target (Target is Bloody Heart, that is like Shadow Orb, emits light and has some room.). go to one of the paths until end, if you see heart, use bombs to get to it (you can use gel to make sticking bombs, that will stick to any block) and destroy with hammer or bombs. If you don't see heart, go back to the pit cave and try other path until you find a heart.
After breaking it, you will recieve a message and loot: The Undertaker and Musket Balls.

After that, there is a chance that meteorite will fall. but before waiting for meteorite,
you must have an Gold/Tungsten/Platinum pickaxe for getting meteorite ore. search gold/tungsten/platinum ores in caves (gold have yellow/gold color, tungsten is light green color, platinum is ver bright white color (it has a different color than silver ore).

After collecting about 48 ores of one material, turn them into bars using Furnace. Pickaxe can be made with 12 any type of bar and some wood. chop down one tree and go back to the anvil. Then use inventory crafting to make it.

If even after making pickaxe you didn't recieve a message: ''Meteorite Has Fallen!'' then
try exploring many caves or try bombing another Shadow Orb/Heart for more goods (Beware! After breaking third heart, the boss will appear! only bomb second!)

If during your adventures after making pickaxe you saw a message: Meteorite Has Fallen!'' then, equip your pickaxe and start searching it, by going to left or right side of the map (there is an exactly way to find meteorite by looking in mini-map (zoom out fully to on mini-map) but only you can see it if you explored each side of the map). after finding, start mining it! but be careful: meteorite is considered to be biome and spawns Meteorite heads who will try to abort your mining. try to mine as fast as possible, and kill any Heads if they represent threat to you. after mining meteorite, go back to your base and use Furnace to melt into Meteorite Bars.

Then go to the anvil to make Meteorite Armor (You may not have enough bars to make a full set, so make at least some parts of it) Then Space Gun (Space Gun requies 1-2 Fallen Stars (Fallen Stars appear at night, and they actually ''fall'' from the space.).
Now you should have at least 1-2 parts of armor and a space gun. You can challenge Skeletron now, but don't make haste to fight him. you're not done yet.

Now you must locate Dungeon (if you didn't locate it yet, go to the left or right side until you find a dragon like building with one NPC) and build up and arena.

What you should have:

63 Platforms
10-15 Torches
1 Campfire
Ironskin Potion (can be found commonly in chests)
Lesser Health Potion x2(These can be crafted when standing near Alchemic Table(Table with bottle or Pink Vase place on them)Using one Bottle, Gel and Daybloom(Daybloom are yellow small flowers that growing in Forest Biome)Or finding them in chests)
At least 200 Life(10 Hearts) and 60~140 mana (3~7 Blue Stars on right side of screen)(Life can be increased by collecting crystal hearts, which is found in caves and looks like
a broken crystal heart and increasing 20 Life per Crystal Heart)(Mana Can be increased by collecting 5 stars to craft Mana Star, that increasing 20 mana permanently)

When you got them, come at the entrance and start building an arena, which look like:

= = = = = = = = = =
= = = = = = = = = =
= = = = = = = = = =
>>>>>>^
= = = = === = = = =
= = = = = = = = = =
= = = = = = = = = =

= Platforms, > Pointers of Campfire
^ Campfire
After making it, place torches on the platforms (you can place it anywhere).

Ok now arena done and you can collect other parts of armor (if meteorite has fallen again somewhere on the map)to obtain useful set bonus and wait for night to come up.

After night has come up, Use Ironskin potion and come to Old Man NPC (that right standing on entrance of dungeon) and click on him. then Tap ''Curse''. Then the Skeletron will appear.

Skeletron is a skelet boss which has two bone hands and his head.

Attacks:
1. 2-combo
Targets random player, right hand going up and trying to hit the player, then the other hand. avoid it by jumping and running on platforms.

2. Slam Hands
Two hands coming up and target player, trying to slam him. avoid by running and jumping on platforms.

3. Head Spinning

Hands coming up and Skeletrons Head starts spinning, dealing massive damage but lacking speed and no defence. run around and hit the head.

Tactic:
When you summoned him, go to the platforms very fast, or you should end up 3/4 Life remaining.
Eventually, his first attack will be 2-combo attacks, then sometimes slams and spinning.
during 2-combos, try to run and jump on platforms and avoid his hands that will contacting you. Eventually, to kill skeletron you must kill his head to accomplish and enter the Dungeon. after spawning him, start hitting his head with Space gun and ignore hands (destroying hands maybe result in Super Easier battle, because he will only do his spinning attacks, but you will lack some time before sun shows up, so its your choice to target hands or not; but try target hands to hit both head and hand to do max damage to him) combos and hit his head until he do spinning attack.

When he is doing spining attack, you must get away from his head and be on good distance. don't forget to hit his head during this!

If you got hit from him, use Health potions to replenish 50 Life, but be careful not stopping; you must always move even during this.

Continue to fight him after his head has been defeated. A message will appear: ''Skeletron has been defeated!'' and you will have now passage to the Dungeon Catacombs, where loot will await you.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Nature, since you are thinking like this, I'll have to say this guide would not help any new character. No one wants a guide like this, that tells them to go to the wiki. And I hate guides that tell me to die a few times to learn attacks.

Nature, since you are thinking like this, I'll have to say this guide would not help any new character. No one wants a guide like this, that tells them to go to the wiki. And I hate guides that tell me to die a few times to learn attacks.
Already Edited Topic of fighting Skeletron above your post. everything is wrote there. No offences.

Basic tips:

1. Collect Knives and Shuriken and Grenades
2. Make post BoC or EoW metallic armor.
3. Get a bow that's post BoC and EoW.
You are completely ready for the skeletron battle.

Note: If this plan backfires and you find a water bolt on the dungeon surface, Spam the crud out of the Bolts of water.

I fought Skeletron before the eye of Cthulu, and this is how I did it. I had full platinum armor, (you get it from the ore, or slimes drop it). I had a platinum broadsword and a sapphire staff. For some reason it glitches, so there were no hands. I ran around it shooting it with my staff, I only used lesser health potions.:happy:

ok. here is my way of beating skeletron before the eye.

get iron armor at least. (should be easy)
get any bow
mine some ice
make frostburn torches
make frost burn arrows
kill skeletron.

that is all you need and it doesnt take all day

Back
Top Bottom