Defeating the Wall of Flesh-Ranger class

I have some problems with defeating Wall of Flesh with ranger class.Can someone give me tips?
Necro armor. Minishark. Meteor bullets. Have ammo conservation potions (get double cod from jungle) and if possible an ammo box (travelling merchant)
build a flat stretch of land across the underworld and fire at him across it.

I use the hell armor a mini shark with meteor bullets and many beenades the beenades are important
You can't molten armour.Molten armour si for melee.
[DOUBLEPOST=1434795610,1434795576][/DOUBLEPOST]
Necro armor. Minishark. Meteor bullets. Have ammo conservation potions (get double cod from jungle) and if possible an ammo box (travelling merchant)
build a flat stretch of land across the underworld and fire at him across it.
Thanks!I have this stuff!

Quickest and most aggressive way? Molten Fury and Unholy arrows.

Safest? Plenty of defence and Phoenix Blaster. Don't know why everyone is saying Minishark, because the Phoenix Blaster is so much better. Maintaining a decent clicking rhythm must be that difficult after all.

Quickest and most aggressive way? Molten Fury and Unholy arrows.

Safest? Plenty of defence and Phoenix Blaster. Don't know why everyone is saying Minishark, because the Phoenix Blaster is so much better. Maintaining a decent clicking rhythm must be that difficult after all.

Not to mention, that Minishark is useless as soon as the Wall is down (other than throwing it in a chest to make a Megashark later), because it just doesn't do enough damage to bypass HM defense, while the Phoenix Blaster can still perform at least somewhat (depending on how much ranged gear you actually have). I've killed Ice Golems with it + Molten Armor but that takes a lot of dodging lol.

Molten Armor + Phoenix Blaster.

Easy as pie. Even with normal musket balls.

I am not allowed to use Molten Armour
[DOUBLEPOST=1434958798,1434958692][/DOUBLEPOST]Bad news everyone.For some reason when I trow a voodo doll in the lava only it writes:Guide was slain.But no Wall of Flesh.I tried that few times and the same thing happened...........oh no...........

I am not allowed to use Molten Armour
[DOUBLEPOST=1434958798,1434958692][/DOUBLEPOST]Bad news everyone.For some reason when I trow a voodo doll in the lava only it writes:Guide was slain.But no Wall of Flesh.I tried that few times and the same thing happened...........oh no...........

You're "not allowed" to use Molten Armor? Says who? Are you doing some sort of challenge that restricts what items you may use? Otherwise... you can use whatever you want, lol.

You have to wait for the Guide to actually respawn before you throw in another doll. I think you still get the 'Guide was slain' message even if he isn't there? I can't remember for sure.

You have to wait for the Guide to actually respawn before you throw in another doll. I think you still get the 'Guide was slain' message even if he isn't there? I can't remember for sure.

No, the OP has said it as it is. It's a glitch. It's one I recently experienced and saving+quitting doesn't resolve it.

@Hrgamer112 , I advise trying it again, that glitch resolved itself with me after I tried again a few days after. Though save+quitting doesn't solve it, perhaps restarting Terraria/computer will. I don't know how restarting your comp would change anything, but it's worth a shot.

Or...try killing a different boss first, such as the Eye of Cthulhu. And then summon the WoF again. That might be what resolved it on my end.

No, the OP has said it as it is. It's a glitch. It's one I recently experienced and saving+quitting doesn't resolve it.

@Hrgamer112 , I advise trying it again, that glitch resolved itself with me after I tried again a few days after. Though save+quitting doesn't solve it, perhaps restarting Terraria/computer will. I don't know how restarting your comp would change anything, but it's worth a shot.

Or...try killing a different boss first, such as the Eye of Cthulhu. And then summon the WoF again. That might be what resolved it on my end.

Ahh. Okay. I never encountered said glitch myself..... wait, yes I did!

I remember I was chain-killing the Eye, and on one of the Eye spawners, I heard the "Roar" sound and it said the Eye awakened...... but no eye and no boss music. I was like "wut?" And I waited a minute or two and used another spawner, and again, Roar and "The eye has awakened!" and this time he actually popped.

I just chalked it up to using it too soon after killing the previous eye and now I always wait 5-10 seconds between spawns lol.

I think it's WoF specific, especially when people die to the boss (I had to quit because it glitched and its eyes wandered off into the above caverns).

That guy is still a bit glitchy. Probably the usual with what I think is the most complex boss.

I've usually used a Minishark with silver bullets and Beenades (or Bee Gun), because they are very effective against The Hungry. Get rid of The Hungry with a Beenade/Bee Gun or some grenades, then use a Minishark or other good gun (Phoenix Blaster is fine) and I think you'll defeat it in like a minute. Remember to prepare your arena or simply get Water Walking Potions as they're easy to get in The Underworld. A good pre-hardmode armor is adviced. I suggest Molten, Crimson or Meteor Armor. Jungle Armor is fine too.

If you have like 3 gravitation potions, and 3 water walking potions that would be good to.

The problem with grav potions, is that the roof of the Underworld is almost as bad as the lava for all of the jagged edges that will trip you up while you're trying to stay away from the Wall. And/or when you're swapping up/down you might get disoriented and confused and end up dipping in lava anyways, lol.

I find the easiest way to kill him is to just do what Terrarians have been doing for ages -- simply build a big loooooong bridge out of Ash and make sure it is as straight and smooth as possible so you don't have to jump or dodge obstacles. This brings its own rewards in Hardmode when you can run through awhile later and pick up a few dozen Fire Blossoms without having to try and set up an area to grow them in. They'll happily grow naturally on that big long ~2k long block bridge. I usually get 20-40 of them on such a bridge in mid-hardmode (about the time I've defeated the first mech, if I go there for Fire Wings instead of Frost Wings).

Water walking potion eliminates the need for the bridge. Yes, it'll still be a bit bumpy, but that's nothing if you have spectre boots+ and a grapple hook to reset flight times.

Though I guess a simple bridge is a lot easier for engaging for those that aren't perhaps as adept with dodging or otherwise being mobile. But then I'd ask if they were capable to kill the mechanicals too.

Water walking potion eliminates the need for the bridge. Yes, it'll still be a bit bumpy, but that's nothing if you have spectre boots+ and a grapple hook to reset flight times.

Though I guess a simple bridge is a lot easier for engaging for those that aren't perhaps as adept with dodging or otherwise being mobile. But then I'd ask if they were capable to kill the mechanicals too.

I've tried it without a bridge and I find the dodging to be a bit too distracting from the fight itself, and I can kill the mechanicals just fine.

But then I do use wooden platform arenas for mechanicals, lol.

But anyways, it is also the fact that it simply makes it easier, AND doubles as a flower farm later so yay for doing two things at once.

Back
Top Bottom