Console Defeating your first boss. ( as a Mage)

Merchant29

Official Terrarian
So if you are reading this then you are starting/ struggling to defeat your first boss. The Eye of Cthulhu can deal up to 15 damage and has 2800 health. This Eoc has 2 phases a phase where he hovers over you and shoots minions and the other where his teeth come out which will make him dash as long as you have the Hermes boots or some other part you should be fine. An amethyst or sapphire staff will work in normal mode yet in expert it will be a bit harder, you could go for some meteor armor and laser from a orb or heart on your world evils. An orb/heart is destroyed with a hammer. Now don't confuse these with life crystals, these increase your life. Now you should make an arena at least 50 blocks wide, if it's longer or a little shorter it's okay. Then just, wait until nightfall, and wreck havoc on Eoc!

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure meteorite is now only available after you kill the brain or cthulu or eater of worlds, but smashing orbs / hearts is still worth it since they have good weapons. Edit: This only applies for pc and mobile.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure meteorite is now only available after you kill the brain or cthulu or eater of worlds, but smashing orbs / hearts is still worth it since they have good weapons.
He could be talking about pre-1.4.
So if you are reading this then you are starting/ struggling to defat your first boss. The Eye of Cthulhu can deal up to 15 damage and has 2800 health. This Eoc has 2 phases a phase where he hovers over you and shoots minions and the other where his teeth come out which will make him dash as long as you have the Hermes boots or some other part you should be fine. An amethyst or sapphire staff will work in normal mode yet in expert it will be a bit harder, you could go for some meteor armor and laser from a orb or heart on your world evils. An orb/heart is destroyed with a hammer. Now don't confuse these with life crystals, these increase your life. Now you should make an arena at least 50 blocks wide, if it's longer or a little shorter it's okay. Then just, wait until nightfall, and wreck havoc on Eoc!
You should probably remove the bit about meteorite, considering a significant amount of ppl who play terraria do it on a phone or PC

Yeah I'm talking pre 1.4 as this a Console guide which does not yet have 1.4. But thanks!

But I know what you are taking about.

Yeah, it should be labeled as a console guide
Actually, I’ll talk to a mod to get it into the console section

This is how it shows up for me
C1C6EBB7-8AA3-4653-A871-2DCC26DC0284.jpeg

Wow That's weird. It shows up as Console Guides. Did you talk to a mod, but if you didn't I can so It can be moved Because it is not much help to computer and mobile Players.

Wow That's weird. It shows up as Console Guides. Did you talk to a mod, but if you didn't I can so It can be moved Because it is not much help to computer and mobile Players.
I simply reported the thread and asked for it to be moved to the console guide section

I did the strategy on console before you made the post and it works but when on the expert mode it is tough(I'm a noob because I have post skletron stuff but died to king slime

i play on switch xbox 360/xbox one/3ds

The shield really is good, if you can't use a gem staff go for the amber staff which can do 20 damage and is basically a better gem staff.

and what's your method for King Slime?

Also Major Terraria Fan do you fish and make potions? This is also a big part of the game as it can give a one up over the boss. as I mentioned above you should get a star farm so that you can increase your mana and potions and what ChimeraWarden said is also a good method.

s
and what's your method for King Slime?
slime rain happens while I'm in the corruption and king slime spawns in chasms and I get traped and die

yes I fish and make potions I have star fury but I get trap and stomped :kingslime:Always happens at night so my visibly is down

Back
Top Bottom