Portfolio/Multi-Topic Defensive NPCs And New Structures

Flashstriker

Plantera
This suggestion is split into two parts, the new NPCs and the new structures. without further ado:O

NPCs

Note that all the following NPCs will attack anything that attacks them (including the player) but won't actively pursue mobs, Also that they keep their type of weapon through the tiers (besides mages) i.e Gunnner rangers keep guns and flail knights keep flails

Knight
Spawns in - Watchtower,(occasionally) Sky Fortress
Attacks for melee damage, upgrades equipment as game progresses
Pre-hardmode - Leaf blade or fiery greatsword or Dark Lance or Ball O hurt Shadow Armor/Crimson Armour (depending on world gen) or Molten Armor
Hardmode - Nights Edge or Dark Lance or Sunfury Cobalt/Palladium Melee set or Mythril/Oricalcum Melee set (depending on hardmode ores spawned)
Post-mech (all mechs defeated) - Excalibur or Gungnir or Dao of Pow Hallowed Melee set
Displays Knight Armor (new vanity set) (maybe Heros outfit?)

Ranger
Spawns in - Watchtower, Sky Fortress
Attacks for Ranged damage, upgrades equipment as game progresses
Pre-hardmode - Demon/Tendon bow or Musket or Handgun or Minishark Necro Armor
Hardmode - Phoenix Blaster or Cobalt/Palladium repeater or Mythril/Oricalcum Repeater Cobalt/Palladium ranged set or Mythril/Oricalcum ranged set (depending on hardmode ores spawned)
Post-mech (all mechs defeated) - Megashark or Flamethrower or Hallowed Repeater Hallowed Ranged set
Displays Ranger Armor (new vanity set)

Mage
Spawns in - Watchtower, (occasionally) Sky Fortress
Attacks for Magic damage, upgrades equipment as game progresses
Pre-hardmode - Waterbolt or Magic Missile or Book Of Skulls or Space Gun (if armor is space armor) Jungle Armor or Space armor
Hardmode - Flower of Fire or Laser Rifle or Demon Scythe or Flamelash Cobalt/Palladium Magic set or Mythril/Oricalcum Magic set (depending on hardmode ores spawned)
Post-mech (all mechs defeated) - Cursed Flames or Crystal Storm or Magical Harp or Magical Dagger Hallowed Magic set
Displays Rune wizard or Tim outfits

Pirate
Spawns in - Airship, Pirate Ship
Only uses Cutlass and Flintlock Pistol ( A bit OTT early game, but not so much later on) Same armor as knight
Displays Steampunker outfit (if on Airship) or one of the pirate invasion outfits (if on Pirate Ship)

All NPCs also sell there vanity sets (apart from mage) at 5 gold a piece
Not sure what the vanity sets for knight and ranger should look like, any suggestions?

Structures

Watchtower
Generates - On Surface, usually at the point of two biomes clashing
Spawns With - Max 3 NPCs Min 1 NPC Anyone of the Classes that can spawn in the watchtower can spawn, so you could have 3 rangers or 2 mages and 1 knight, ETC.
Appearance - 5 wide, 15 tall, made of stone bricks and stone brick walls with a rope in the middle block up to the top. looks like the tower on a castle

Sky Fortress
Generates - On The Bottom Of Floating Islands
Spawns With - Max 5 NPCs Min 2 NPCs At least 2 rangers spawn with this build, but then the other classes can spawn as well
Appearance - As long as the floating island, hangs 10-15 blocks down from the bottom (depending on world size), made of stone brick and stone brick walls, walls occasionally broken by cannons (no cannonballs stored), bottom 3 blocks broken by doors, platforms extending 5 blocks past the floating island (for the NPCs to stand on)
Special Features - Doesn't spawn if a Airship is also on the map, doesn't allow Wyverns to spawn on the floating island (maybe? what do you think?)

Pirate Ship
Generates - On The Top Of One Of The Oceans
Spawns With - Max 5 NPCs Min 2 NPCs All NPCs are Pirates
Appearance - 15 - 20 blocks long (depending on world size) 10 - 15 blocks tall (depending on world size, sail extends 5 - 10 blocks further, again based on world size) Sometimes has a statue on the front (for a figurehead i believe it is called)
Special Features - Only has one on map, if any. Can contain barrels with "pirate Booty" like the golden furniture

Airship
Generates - In the air, in place of a floating island
Spawns With - Max 5 NPCs Min 2 NPCs All NPCs are Pirates
Apperance - simerler to Pirate Ship only has Jet/steam(?) boosters underneath (you know, so it can fly)
Special Features - No Wyverns can spawn around the Airship (again, comments needed)

Well, thats about it. any suggestions would be welcome.

Last edited:
Well, thats about it. Have fun.
I think you should have done the structures first, since it looks like the npcs are dependent on them.
True, but you could say that about the structures
I agree with MegaMage, the structures are quite creative, semi-support.
semi-support is better than no support :)
I'll support if you include some pictures of what it will actually look like.
sorry, can't. Even if i could get pictures, my building skills are as bad as they could be, so you could try, i guess? idk

Back
Top Bottom