PC Deleted Terraria World Files

Nomad000

Skeletron Prime
I want to recover some deleted wld files from last year, does anyone know any good programs that can find .wld files and recover them from the hardrive?

Last year? Geez, I don't think your odds are very good, unless they're still in the recycle bin by some miracle or the computer has sat unused all this time. You might try Recuva, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Recuva doesn't find .wld files.
Yes it does.

upload_2016-8-14_21-29-44.png

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're looking for. Are you trying to find a program that can recognize a Terraria world file by its file pattern even when it's completely gone from the directory index? (Like some programs can do for images) If so I'm afraid I haven't a clue where you'd find something like that.

Last edited:
Yes it does.

View attachment 133951

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're looking for. Are you trying to find a program that can recognize a Terraria world file by its file pattern even when it's completely gone from the directory index? (Like some programs can do for images) If so I'm afraid I haven't a clue where you'd find something like that.

hm, if it does then I don't know why my .wld files aren't showing up for me. I had officially deleted the world a month ago when I wanted a fresh restart but now I want to do something with it again.

It's possible it's not very good at find finding them... I donno, that was something I deleted just now. I'm not an expert on how it works or anything. I do kind of see what you mean though, it does look like most of the files it shows are a few specific types.

Back
Top Bottom