Terrarian
Hi
I'm a Terraria PC proud owner
The game is wonderful.
Lately I got in a situation where I considered getting Terraria Mobile
However:
I found no demo version?
I found no hardware requirements....

How can I take a decision on whether or not to buy? ( Before you comment yes I do like making informed purchases )

I have a Xiaomi redmi note 7 and I will not be satisfied by subpar performance.
Thank you very much.

Hi
I'm a Terraria PC proud owner
The game is wonderful.
Lately I got in a situation where I considered getting Terraria Mobile
However:
I found no demo version?
I found no hardware requirements....

How can I take a decision on whether or not to buy? ( Before you comment yes I do like making informed purchases )

I have a Xiaomi redmi note 7 and I will not be satisfied by subpar performance.
Thank you very much.
Hi there @whismerhill, to add on to the info that darthmorf gave, there is no longer a demo version for Mobile, no.

I also recommend keeping in mind the wording at the bottom of the requirements info which says “***Note that devices with higher specifications will naturally see better performance overall and have greater capability for hosting multiplayer sessions, using more intensive graphic settings, etc.***”

For me, a $5 price tag for another version of Terraria is always a win for me. I play it on an iPhone SE and iPad Air 2 (not the greatest, most recent machines) and am completely content. However, I know that others have the possibility of being put off by spending any kind of money and feeling as if they don’t have super high end performance. Any issues (not liking the controls, any hiccups in performance, not being able to go ham on a large expert world without seeing some drops, etc) will mean something totally different to each individual person.

In the end, it’ll be up to you to decide. You know you best. :) Best of luck in your decision. Maybe see if a friend has it to try it out, or check out YouTube videos. There’s also this livestream from Loki (of Re-Logic) and DR Studios (the mobile devs) while it was in beta:

Thank you both.

A few things: requirements should be written in play store IMHO
These are a bit lacking in terms of hardware precisions... It's basically sofware & memory only
Where is gpu cpu....

In the end I am not in any hurry I think I will wait for a new demo version to come out.

Thanks again hope the message goes through

EDIT:
On the price front it's 5€49 which doesn't represent a bargain for me in my country and for an occasional usage....

Any phone made in 2018 and after in the 150-200$ price range should run it but you can always get the best hardware for the best results if you can afford it, Snapdragon 855 phones are currently the best and can be found even for 3xx$ while Snapdragon 865 series are coming in the next months.

I would stick with the PC version for now because it has more content while mobile is at 1.3 (but offers tons of hours of gameplay anyway) and the super cute bunny pet from the collectors edition is missing 😠 I would literally pay double for a special edition on Android with the bunny

Thanks but that's extremely vague.
It means my hardware can run it, but doesn't give any indication on how well it performs.

For me, a phone is prone to accidents way too much... Already replaced my additional protection glass.

The pc version is for home. The mobile version is for outside.

Anyways I'll wait for a demo.

Thanks but that's extremely vague.
It means my hardware can run it, but doesn't give any indication on how well it performs.

For me, a phone is prone to accidents way too much... Already replaced my additional protection glass.

The pc version is for home. The mobile version is for outside.

Anyways I'll wait for a demo.
Just a warning - as far as I know there are no plans to release a demo version.
It's sad, but demos seem to have gone out of fashion these days for some reason, it would be nice if more games did provide them.

The only thing I can suggest is to look into the refund policies of your chosen app store - you may be able to buy the game, see if it runs well then if not get a refund on the purchase.

Yeah Google Play offers you to refund any paid app purchase as long as it's the FIRST TIME you buy the app/game and take the refund within some hours (don't know exact time)

So you can try the game and if it runs bad refund.

Back
Top Bottom