Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
As the title says: If there are player-placed walls, otherwise valid Demon Conch teleport locations become invalid -- either failing entirely if the walls are directly covering the 2x3 area the player will teleport to, or constantly lessening the success chance as more spots above that point are covered.

To recreate:
- Create a T-shaped area of blocks (3 across, one directly below the middle) within ~150' (75 blocks) of the center of the world at underworld depth, 30+ blocks below the cavern layer
- Remove all other valid teleport locations within the area
- Ensure the entire 30x2 area above the T-block teleport area (aligned to the left side) is empty (platforms are fine)

Using the Demon Conch it will succeed most of the time, teleporting to you to the specified location and gaining a higher success rate the farther below the caverns the 'landing pad' is placed.

- Cover the 2x3 area directly above the T-shaped area (aligned on the left side) with walls, and the Demon Conch will never work again until the walls are removed
- Likewise, cover everything above the 2x3 area instead with walls and the Demon Conch will fail most of the time, but occasionally succeed

I would assume this affects the Magic Conch as well, but I haven't tested it.

Last edited:
I've also managed to reproduce this condition in the current 1.4.1 Update. It has been sent to the Developers to look at.

Thank you for your report :dryadsmile:

Back
Top Bottom