Demon Eyes or Zombies?

Which do you like better? Demon Eyes or Zombies

• Demon Eyes

• Zombies

Results are only viewable after voting.

RoquePlayz

Terrarian
Hello! Time for one of the weirdest questions you'll ever hear about Terraria: Which do you like better, Demon Eyes or Zombies? I am aware that this is a very bizarre, weird, and pointless question, but there's no harm in having a little fun answering it! My personal opinion: Demon Eyes. And yours? Say it in the poll!

The flying enemy with an AI that could mess up beginners, with two drops that are both important materials vs A normal fighter AI with no important drop. I'll take Demon Eyes, please.

I like demon eyes more in terms of aesthetics, and combat.

It sort of introduces the concept of the eye type enemy in Terraria which leads into a boss version of the enemy in the form of EoC and the Twins. And they are more difficult to deal with than zombies. For zombies, you can trap them, and use the Terrain to your advantage to make them unable to reach you. But it isn't as easy to do the same with demon eyes. They are more dangerous to deal with than regular zombies.

Zombies can drop the Zombie Arm, and a shackle which make for a good early game weapon and beginning accessory, but I'm not as interested in zombies overall. Part of it could be due to the oversaturation of them in many other kinds of games/movies.

They also drop lens which allow you to craft summoners for the EoC and from there get Crimtane/Demonite Ore, Seeds, and the Shield of Cthulhu (one of the best Expert Mode accessories in my opinion)

Aside from that I'm interested in eyes in general and it feels like a pretty unique enemy to Terraria. I prefer demon eyes over zombies.

Eye think you can see which is the better of the two... Zombies Demon eyes, they're more unique than generic zombies which are in pretty much every survival game. The demon eyes also drop lens which are used to create a suspicious looking eye, though while zombies do drop the shackle which can be a good early game accessory, it will get replaced once you get 5 other accessories.

Those are all excellent opinions and factoids!

I like to think about it in terms of building. I tend to build up my entire town nice and early in the game, and it's pretty easy to build a little wall to stop zombies from walking along the ground to disrupt your activities. But if they swarm you, you don't usually have weapons that can kill zombies in bulk. They don't have a lot of knockback when they're hit, so they really can swarm you if you let them gather.

But Demon Eyes have decent knockback when you swat them out of the air. Heck, they change directions entirely! Of course, it's a lot more annoying when they swarm you but at least you can deal with them with just one swipe of your wooden sword.

Back
Top Bottom