Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 7
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Hi there,

so I recently got into making adventure maps in journey mode, the map's premise where I came across this issue is simply that you go from area to area and fight waves of enemies.

I would place down eyeball statues and when triggered, mostly with timers, the demon eyes fly up at an angle into the sky. I tried different locations on the map, I tried activating with switches.

I have no clue what might be causing this, the first ones I placed were near actuated blocks so I tried placing them in the open somewhere I hadn't built anything. I would get the very rare cases of them actually behaving normally but I sorta get the impression that's very random. I also tried different times of day, all this is happening on the surface, I haven't tried underground or deeper yet.

I guess a temporary work around is not using eyeball statues, but still would like to know if it's a bug or glitch.

anyway, if I can provide more information, please tell me.

take care y'all

edit: sofar I've been building the map in singleplayer, I will test the map in multiplayer with a friend when I find the time.

I've been trying to recreate this but I'm unsuccessful so far. Only time they don't aggro is during the day for me. Tried with different difficulty levels, godmode, time frozen/unfrozen.

Demon eyes are designed to leave at daytime. Unless it's a graveyard. So if Banshee is correct. Then this is working as intended.

alright, thanks folks, I will try daytime

edit: I mean night time ;)

edit no2: aight, so I'm a moron I guess, seems to work as long as I'm in night mode.... damn I sorta thought statue spawned mobs were just always available, thanks ppl

do I delete this thread now or leave it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom