Game Mechanics Demon Scythe Recolor

How should this be changed?

• Change the players scythe sprite

• Change the demons scythe sprite

• Change both scythe sprites

• A new idea (comment it here)

• Keep it as is

Results are only viewable after voting.
The weapon dropped from demons like the attack demons do, acts like the attack demons do, and is used primarily in the place where demons spawn. As such, its easy to mistake a real dangerous demon scythe for your friends weapon, and get hit in the face. So, I suggest demon sytches launched by the player are bright light blue, so you never make that mistake. There are a few quite similar solutions I've made a poll out of, so choose your favorite.

Honestly I would rather the enemy demon scythe sprite would be changed to a dark blue or shade of gray to signify the debuff it gives you

What if you're anything like me, and you don't play on a team? What's supposed to happen?
It could be a simple white color, as the default team the player is placed on if they did not pick another team is the White team. I've thought of this as a solution simply because it could allow the player to make the scythe their preferred color when they use it in single player, and make it easy to tell if it is an enemy projectile in a PvP battle.

It could be a simple white color, as the default team the player is placed on if they did not pick another team is the White team. I've thought of this as a solution simply because it could allow the player to make the scythe their preferred color when they use it in single player, and make it easy to tell if it is an enemy projectile in a PvP battle.
um, but why would the demon scythe be the only thing this applies to? Also you can't change your party in singleplayer.

um, but why would the demon scythe be the only thing this applies to? Also you can't change your party in singleplayer.

It can apply to other projectiles as well. Keep in mind that this is merely a suggestion, and it is only something of mine that is an idea that could possibly serve as a solution to the problem. The suggestions on this forum don't have to be limited by the technical aspects of the game, so why not take a more interesting approach to it? Besides, what's wrong with having a neat little quirk to the weapon itself? It would add more life to the game and it would further introduce details into the game that can make a player smile or appreciate the work put into such.

As Worfer said, the mere color dependence on the teams will help show that the projectile belongs to a character, rather than an enemy.

Honestly I would rather the enemy demon scythe sprite would be changed to a dark blue or shade of gray to signify the debuff it gives you

Umm... what debuff is that? AFAICT it just does damage. I do like the idea of a color change. On the other hand, this could be considered a hazard of adopting the enemies' weapons....

Umm... what debuff is that? AFAICT it just does damage. I do like the idea of a color change. On the other hand, this could be considered a hazard of adopting the enemies' weapons....
It applies Darkness.

I'm completely ambivalent to the idea of changing the color. It's a bit of a niche problem - not to say I haven't encountered it, and I've certainly dodged friendly projectiles or hit enemy ones thinking they were friends, but it's such a specific issue with a brief window of relevance that I'm content just leaving it be. If there was to be a color change, I'd want it to be subtle, like a slightly lighter or bluer shade of purple.

Back
Top Bottom