Would you like this to be in Terraria?

• Yes!

• With a few changes...

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fisher792

Terrarian
Living Sand Boss

A hardmode boss summoned by putting 4 mummy banners all next to each other in the desert.

*The sand liquifies below you...*
*The desert has awoken!*

Spikes of sand at first arise from the ground as a slower version of Boss 1 plays and the banners drop as items and sink into the desert below, the horrified debuff is inflicted upon you, except attemting to leave the desert will make sand summon inside of your player, suffocating you. To beat the desert, you must break as much as you can. If 1000 blocks are destroyed (without explosions), it is dead. The boss has 2 attacks; reforming and sand spewing. In reforming, the desert around you replaces blocks all around but without making the landscape look unnatural. With sand spewing, the spikes mentioned at the begining throw sand it random directions up which can injure the player if they fall on him/her. Upon breaking the 1000th block of sand, the message
*The desert has gone b
ack to rest*
Appears and out of the pillar closest to the final broken block comes your items. A desert staff, which uses 8 mana and wherever you click a random sand block from anywhere in the world is teleported to that location.
cid:2013955E-1957-4C2B-9E10-99C108D4493F@mobilenotes.apple.com

(upon use, the sand icon on the staff spins rapidly before placing sand)
The boss also drops an accessory, the sand waders, allowing players to "swim" through sand without suffocation. Only one of these 2 will drop randomly.
cid:91C63B75-D53A-458A-B39E-F9FA2DD05353@mobilenotes.apple.com

The final exclusive item is an expert mode mount. It appears as a wave of sand that makes the player's feet dissapear within it. It allows a player to ride up down underneath or on top of any surface at a decent top speed of 45 mph in all areas except the desert, where it can go up to 50 mph. The item that goes with it is called a Golden Sand Block, and looks as the name describes. This boss would have no mask, as it is faceless, and the goodie bag would be designed with a sand pattern and a black-only skull on it. 5-15 greater healing potions drop, and the trophie appears as a wave of sand. The "Quicksand!" Achievement is achieved by killing the desert for the first time. (Please note: Anything here could certainly be changed. I just hoped this general idea would appeal to others as much as it does myself)

Living Sand Boss

A hardmode boss summoned by putting 4 mummy banners all next to each other in the desert.

*The sand liquifies below you...*
*The desert has awoken!*

Spikes of sand at first arise from the ground as a slower version of Boss 1 plays and the banners drop as items and sink into the desert below, the horrified debuff is inflicted upon you, except attemting to leave the desert will make sand summon inside of your player, suffocating you. To beat the desert, you must break as much as you can. If 1000 blocks are destroyed (without explosions), it is dead. The boss has 2 attacks; reforming and sand spewing. In reforming, the desert around you replaces blocks all around but without making the landscape look unnatural. With sand spewing, the spikes mentioned at the begining throw sand it random directions up which can injure the player if they fall on him/her. Upon breaking the 1000th block of sand, the message
*The desert has gone b
ack to rest*
Appears and out of the pillar closest to the final broken block comes your items. A desert staff, which uses 8 mana and wherever you click a random sand block from anywhere in the world is teleported to that location.
cid:2013955E-1957-4C2B-9E10-99C108D4493F@mobilenotes.apple.com

(upon use, the sand icon on the staff spins rapidly before placing sand)
The boss also drops an accessory, the sand waders, allowing players to "swim" through sand without suffocation. Only one of these 2 will drop randomly.
cid:91C63B75-D53A-458A-B39E-F9FA2DD05353@mobilenotes.apple.com

The final exclusive item is an expert mode mount. It appears as a wave of sand that makes the player's feet dissapear within it. It allows a player to ride up down underneath or on top of any surface at a decent top speed of 45 mph in all areas except the desert, where it can go up to 50 mph. The item that goes with it is called a Golden Sand Block, and looks as the name describes. This boss would have no mask, as it is faceless, and the goodie bag would be designed with a sand pattern and a black-only skull on it. 5-15 greater healing potions drop, and the trophie appears as a wave of sand. The "Quicksand!" Achievement is achieved by killing the desert for the first time. (Please note: Anything here could certainly be changed. I just hoped this general idea would appeal to others as much as it does myself)
Not to discredit your idea, but I'm not sure that destroying the desert biome is something at least I would want to do, really. Perhaps a load of unique sand-like blocks could appear when the boss is summoned and you have to destroy all of them to kill the boss? Idk, it's just an idea.
Another thing; this would be incredibly hard to code, I imagine, and I have no expirience making bosses so this probably isn't something I'd be able to do. It is a good idea for a very unique boss though :)

Reactions: Bry
Well ok, hopefully someone will take inspiration from this, and create it. As I said before, I'm not the guy to do it, but I will perhaps look into npcs and bosses at some point, and perhaps take something from this if you don't mind. The boss would certainly be different and interesting though :)

We definitely need a boss for the desert. Potentially it can even spawn after defeating enough enemies in the hardmode sandstorm. Acting like the Slime rain. Really like the idea of Sand Waders. But I see it being more of a tool for fun than being practical.

Back
Top Bottom