Destroy the Godmodder: 0rigins

Status
Not open for further replies.
((And suddenly dropping off the face of the earth doesn't seem like a good idea. Well, dang. Sucks that I missed something so big, but what can ya do?))
ENTITY/UPGRADE SHENANIGANS

Nothin'.

CHARGES:

Shadow of the Blade (34/50) [ALCHEMY]
A weapon from the depths of another time, another place.

True Power(34/50) [VULNERABILITY] (+1 EXOS)
Empowers P. DarkSide, giving him his immense power... at the cost of making him vulnerable.

ALCHEMIES:

Cutlass || Essence of the Vengeful, Wronged Spirit && Fearless Teal Geode && Bottled Darkness && Pitch-Black Onyx = Risen From Fury (Lv. 20, 11/11) Done!
A corrupt blade, said to have originally been made by a vengeful pirate spirit whom had been wronged in so many ways it was impossible to count. They say this count of wrongs done goes up even when he passed into the afterlife, never to return to this world. He must have the worst luck ever. Wielding his weapon makes you feel sympathetic for this spirit, and feel enraged for the wrongs literally everyone caused him. Yes, even those whom had no direct influence were involved. Thus, he lends his power to the wielder, shredding foes left, right, and center.
((I'll be much more careful with my wording for these things in the future. Thanks for the input.))

Daedric Bow [& Arrow] || Hawk Sculpture && Bottled Inferno && Contained Oblivion && Ether Manipulator Phase Knife = Elder Oblivion (Lv. 20, 8/11)

((Huh. I had no idea that Ether was so heavily tied to souls in this universe. I more or less considered it to be a form of natural magic energy drawn from the world and the air around it, if Xenoblade Chronicles X is to be concerned. I would have never even guessed this fact of this universe. No wonder it's considered too powerful! Nevertheless, thanks for the suggestion and knowledge.))

A simple-looking Daedric bow; black and demonic as all getout. The engravings glow a bright dark red, seemingly sucking the light out of their surroundings. The arrows seem to be a bit different, though; the arrowheads are replaced with hawk-like tips (the beak being the front, and the two wings arching back as if the bird was diving onto its prey), and the shaft and feathers replaced with an extremely elongated tail, with actual feathers. They're all a fearful grey and black and, like the bow they're shot from, suck the light out of their surroundings. Getting hit with one of these in something as simple as your little finger, or even just a scrape anywhere, causes as much pain and agony as getting hit with a normal arrow... sent straight into your spine. God only knows how painful these arrows would be if they landed somewhere like there. The bow is able to withstand a lot of force as well; most modern machines can't even pull it back enough to exceed normal arrow-shooting force; meaning that arrows shot from the bow will be as deadly as they are painful. While the arrows are imbued with the powers of both fire and oblivion, the Phase Knife part is what sets it apart from the rest; not only are the arrows sharp and painful, they harm everything while phasing straight through the target, allowing the ability to hit multiple parts of the target, along with multiple targets, period. For some real power, the bow can also temporarily summon a flaming Hawk that locks onto the target, flies into it, and then, while phasing through it, cleaves their insides to shreds with its wings. If you see someone wielding this bow, unless you like pain... run as far away and as fast as possible, for countless reasons.

INVENTORY
It's a small part of this Doc, but it's here.

AID:
+2 Sp33d

THOUGHTS
To meta or not to meta... that is the question.

ACTIONS: (Focused = ?)

A little late, but...

Paranoid snapped back into reality at what could only be described as the worst time for him to do so. He was hit hard with the utter shock value that the memory gave him, even if it was Auth that was actually hit with the orb. Paranoid was still in the mindscape at this time, probably off to the side somewhere, in the dark and out of view, and probably ignored thanks to the way he zoned out spontaneously.

Meta logic.

He recognized the faces in that memory. A freakish number of them, even. Chlorin, the Operative... those were the only two still living, and both weren't even the most powerful. The dead ones were among the most powerful in fiction... or, well, as we would know them in this timeline. Not sure about in that one. Piono, a being that Paranoid could hardly even faze; and Demon Auth, someone who simply wouldn't let up even when mortally wounded... both were exceptionally powerful. And yet, they simply laid there, dead, presumably murdered badly by this person.

The Black.

The carnage was so disgustingly brutal and heartless that it began to turn even Paranoid's stomach; mind you, this guy had a stomach figuratively made of cast Divinium pretty much. So many lives, lost... in the blink of an eye.

But he knew that this wasn't Roxxanne. Way too little emotion to even consider that possibility for a second. And Roxxanne would never in her life be so brutal that she'd annihilate the head of someone whose light had already gone from their eyes. No. This was the work of the Black before her. Roxxanne should not carry this load at all. Or at least, not all on her own. But... well...

Since everyone in the mindscape had already left, and the trio have already moved on (with Roxxanne recovering and Tazz on the update terminal once again, not sure what Build's doing). He really didn't want to bother them. But there were still things he wanted to say... god, that really was the worst time to zone out, huh?

...Hm... I suppose going with Ol' Faithful; a pen and paper. A note. Paranoid begins writing a short letter;

"Roxxanne,

"Hey. It's me, Paranoid. Sorry for zoning out at the last second; meant I couldn't help during that time. But I digress."

"I just want to say that none of what was seen in that memory was your fault. There's no reason to regret or be ashamed of something you've never done. You were never that person that was seen in the memory; not now, not in the past, not in the future... not ever. Those titles are nothing more than that right now; titles. "

"If I continue like this, I would just be repeating what has already been said. So I won't."

"But ever since Zetta happened, from now on, in all the times I'm present in, whatever friends I meet or have met (yourself included)... I will protect them, both mentally and physically, 'till my last breath, and no matter the cost. Especially after losing... her... to him."

"I really hope you can get everything sorted; I hate seeing you in a state such as this. If you ever need anything, just give me a holler. I'll be there in a flash.

Your friend,
-Paranoid"
And with that, he folds it into a paper airplane really quick, tossing it in such a way that it lands silently near Roxxanne, and has the clone disintegrate as he throws it. Silently, of course.

---

WELP, that was something.

Looks like another Clone!Paranoid formed back on the battlefield, ready to fight again.

The thyme-infused radiation bothered him little, nor did the carnage or destruction bother him. The radiation-infused Uzi did, though.

But being pressed for time and ideas, he just stabs Lucy with Dark Red Spark. Generically.

A few second after his body was completely annihilated by the salt/thyme/nuclear energies there is a single flash of light and in an instant Hezetor is back sitting on his throne.

((Hezetor respawns))

Miniature Factory || Module && "Assembly Line expert guide to an efficient factory" && Factory && Alchemiter && ISO's newest release = The Supreme Miniature Factory (Level 15: 6/8)

Miniature Spiral Sun || ( (Quantum Computer && Miniature Solar Core) || (Matrice Limitativa && Orb of Pure Energy && Stasis Field) ) = Stabilized Miniature Spiral Sun (Level 25: 4/13)

New: Gem || ( Divine-Concentrated Energy Essence && Ancient Fires of Creation && Looping Mechanism && Ultimate Harnessing Device && Infinite Empowering Construct) = Power Gem (Level 25: 2/13)

39/50 +2 from Speed, +2 from Richard

24/50

I assist @Sp33d0n 2 times.

Charge bank: +7 (tazz) +8 (Toast, Talist, Pricey), 2 (RRevenant)

UPDATE COMPLETE!

For YuukiQuest people, I'm going to discuss the rewards with you over Discord (as all five of you are on it). But for now: Throne II has utterly destroyed the field with its ultimate special, and soon, ugly nuclear abominations are going to come crawling out, and of course, there's UserZero, gone 100% Nuclear. Defeat her Nulcear form to get Throne II's Spoil of War, the Green Fractal!

For the dead players; just respawn for now, as usual.

Do you believe in... SIN?

Can you even comprehend such a thing?

Sin?

I only know what I've-

*static*

We interrupt this broadcast to bring you RAD-AWAY, the perfect tool for getting rid of radiation! Let's just toss some over here...

*a giant box labelled "RAD-AWAY" lands on Nuclear Userzero*

See? Now the radiation is gone! I think.

*static*

What do you mean, "we're on"?

*more static*

INFINITY: 44/50 (+2 from Redstone)

binning off isek: 36/50

Gotcha for the balance changes, Tazz. They're pretty smart, since the recoil from the cannon would interfere with the Heavy Assault Rifles firing. But enough about that, this place is held until I can focus.

Action 1/2

Well, looks like there won't be a first or second action. (edited)

Last edited:
... I wish it didn't come to this.

After a long thought, some salt on everyone's sides, ranting, more salt and scandal, and finally just some deep thought as to how horrible this was finally getting to me, it's official: AFter a year and a half, 0 is closing. Before it's finished, yes. It's not finishing. It *never* will finish, and I will politely request someone to lock the thread. Not just yet, though. I may write up some eulogy, the last bits of the plot that we won't see through together.

I would say it was fun, but it wasn't. It was mostly frustrating for me. Maybe fun for you but not for me. Not because of the work, mind. The repetetive scandals and saltstorms I always seemed to find myself in the middle of in the DTG discord was basically it. I think it was Lucian's death-mind you, a rather insignificant entity in the grand scheme of things-that ultimately broke the camel's back here, as while everyone was in agreement a field wipe was due for what happened, there was, for whatever reason, so much commotion over that *one* entity in particular having a bad day.

I'll type something up more expensive. Please, don't post. For those who still liked 0 for all of its many flaws: I'm very sorry, but the general consensus is I physically cannot go on. I've been having nightmares over this game now. Nightmares. Very mild nightmares, but that's already too far for some, and that 'some' is quite a few.

Perhaps this game could have continued on.

I think we could have seen where things were going to go for the Fifth Gatekeeper: Ender. The Thirteenth Player, Steve?, and the Player-to-be, Alex?, were both going to appear as a final assistance to slay the gargantuan and deadly Ender, fitting their roles as the Player. Herobrine would also have been there, willing to defend Ender as an ally, exploiting his nigh-invulnerability to its absolute limit while obliterating entities, and trying to whipser the words of paranoia into the ears of Richard to try to lead into his obliteration of the Red Dragon's prison like in DTG2. Or maybe, those interested in finally redeeming Richard would have killed him in cold blood and shouted away his nonsense for the lies that they would be. Maybe. Your defeat of Ender would have been fairly certain-the wound would likely have been deep in the base of her neck, as described by Ender. Moog City would declare you heroes for stopping the threat of Ender (again), and with the Fourteenth Incarnation of Ender freed from the grasp of UserZero by becoming Cynder, it would have freed literally every Enderman across the universe from her grasp and allow the Endermen to reubild their empires. An ancient curse, broken-perhaps even amongst The Few, the oldest, most primal Endermen, who would almost certainly have vowed to help you when the time was right.

The road to the sixth Gatekeeper would maybe have been where Terrain ramped up a bit. I described anti-gravity lemonade ruins-you would have probably gotten them, along with some other seriously funky landscapes with more game-changing passives. Or maybe you'd have bulldozed through them via applying your own. Maybe you would have started facing UserZero's twisted takes on the Terror Spider, the Terror Enderman, maybe even the Terror Witch. Or maybe you would have flooded the field with bosses despite AZ bosses just being too much, and made that wait. You would have seen You, Agent of the Conflict and the guy who killed TT2K a total of nine times. His abilities-primarily, the ability to copy the abilities of others-would have made him formidable, an ever-evolving foe that would have taken the concept of adaptions above and beyond. He wouldn't have lasted, however. You would finally dent the Conflict's plans and have killed him. Or maybe not the Conflict's plans. Perhaps, you would have learned that the Conflict's Agents did not entirely agree upon reforming into the world-destroying force, and that You was among those who preferred to stick to simple Antagonism rather than the corrupted Omnicidal intent of the Conflict you knew. But alas, he got in the way, so that was that.

You would have marched to the seventh gate. On the way there, you would have met Piono-the old Piono, of DTG2, and not the new one. His connections to the Dark Carnival would have preserved him. The old members of the old IUPC would have followed (to the confusion of the new IUPC), and Piono would swat them aside like normal-but Richard would be there, and UserZero. Their hatred of competing godmodders and the Dark Carnival, respectively, would mean Piono would be slain, but UserZero cut a deal-help her kill Richard and have power beyond reckoning to kill the IUPC once and for all. He would have been too tempted. He would have agreed. He would have been made a Delta Godmodder on the spot, unaware of UserZero's hatred of the Dark Carnival and knowing Richard would be baited. And you would have fought him and his elemental mastery, with the aid of the new IUPC and this Loop's Piono, to permanently and fianlly end his life. Maybe, in the process, Richard would have dealt that last, critical blow, and would have been made a Delta Godmodder himself. You would march on, to the Seventh gate.

At the Seventh Gate itself, at that critical juncture, you would have met the Umbral One again, after he had made you vulnerable so long ago. His gimmick of Player Vulnerability would have returned, and he would have delighted in possessing the bodies of the recently deceased to force them to cause harm to others before being released-quite like DTG2's respawn gimmick. Or perhaps not. Perhaps you would have purged this rage without anyone succumbing to it. Either way, UserZero's power would return, no longer busied with maintaining the form of the Umbral One to restrain her hatred-as you had slain it. And Star, if he would have been around for that, would have gotten his old body back good as new.

The eighth gate awaited under the shade of the World Tree, Yggdrasil naught but a thousand blocks away. The original Gatekeepr-Israphel, the herald of sand-would already be dead by the time you got there, and UserZero would have been infuriated. Instead, there would stand the Miner, who had heard of your exploits. He was told by the Black Monolith to come to the Zeroth Server. He was told by the Black Monolith how to avoid calamity, how to avoid the sight of UserZero while she built up her impenetrable defenses, and how to strike where she would be most weak. The eighth gate was never to be destroyed-it was not empowered by Godmodding at all, and thus the usual limitations upon it would have been suspended, rending it permanently invincible. Perhaps, but to one who had the power of the ultimate source of power in Fiction, the Black Monolith, its secret Gift to the Miner. UserZero would have been infuriated. You would have defended him against the wrath of UserZero, her full power unleashed in response to her Gatekeepers having been slain in secret. With the ninth Gate already gone, when he would have destroyed the Gate, you would have moved on. Hopefully. Perhaps, however, you would have failed, forcing Richard to take steed, and giving UserZero the potential for some very easy damage. Perhaps, if that was the case, she could have won, and wiped the descendants out to the last-except maybe Walker, the ever-loyal one, the only one who stuck through with her to the end. Maybe. Probably not. You would have been favored in that battle no matter what.

Tazz was already out of the way, so from there, it would have been nothing but a straight shot to the Tenth and final Gatekeeper at the roots of Yggdrasil. UserZero would have thrown everything at you. Death would have taken many forms. Her terorrs would ramp up. Her insane choice of mercenaries would have gone into overdrive. Her sickest experiments would have come. But that would likely not deter you. You would reach the Tenth Gate. UserZero would be infuriated. There, would have been a figure you never would have expected-Doomsday, the Titan of Apocalypse, with a rage to eat galaxies. Perhaps, however, earlier, you defended Yuuki-Chan to the best of your ability, until she fired off her last ability-conveniently the Fist of the Chekhov's Gun. That would have made things easier. The Blue Shell would return to slam into Doomsday for some damage-unless you pulled the aforementioned feat off, in which, the flying Koopa within the shell would have appeared, and he would obliterate Doomsday. If not, however, you would have to deal with UserZero pulling out her final trick-infusing Doomsday with Vile, another aspect of the sealed Red Dragon, creating VILE DOOMSDAY. But that wouldn't have stopped you, most likely. You would have destroyed VILE DOOMSDAY like the other obstacles before you, and destroy the tenth gate.

UserZero would not have been happy. And a deal, a bargain, would have been struck. Pane was watching you-and had been for a while. It would have been obvious at that point that he had duties to fulfill, and his research may even have been completed on Descendancy-enough to let him have a crack at killing you all. UserZero would retreat to the world tree, taking Pane's Psi Veil, while you would have fought against Tazz's mortal foe. His convenient Delta Plus ranking would have made it especially useful for Richard-and perhaps, he would have killed Pane for that next precious rank.

Then, all that remained was Yggdrasil. You would march into the roots. Ad Infinitum's would pour into your ear, Ad Infinitum, as you traversed the maze of roots and wood that Yggdrasil forms, until you finally would have seen what caused all of this mess-all the time-looping that made the godmodding wars go on forever. And you would have seen the Void Clock. Yog-Sothoth's dread heart, the lodestone of Time and Space, which UserZero had manipulated to lock herself into a time loop indefinitely. And thus, the end would begin. Loop Terminus. You would race against time, trying to destroy the tumor that UserZero had placed upon Yog-Sothoth's heart before the strain of UserZero's time loops would have destroyed time and space itself. UserZero would be insane. This would be the first time she attempted such a mad strategy, with no data points to go on. Perhaps it would have succeeded. More likely, it would not have, and you would have cleansed Yog-Sothoth's heart.

At this, UserZero would have been damaged immensely. Down to the lowest you would have seen. Down to seven points of life.

UserZero would proceed to Ragequit before she would die, opting to leave the Zeroth server entirely and begin a backup plan that she had spent trillions of years perfecting in an attempt to kill you. Richard would have been only barely able to penetrate UserZero's strengthened Veil, empowered by Psi's own. But he would not be the only one to try. Yog-Sothoth, taking the dashing form of Ron Burgandy, would have appeared, thankful for your help. His time to be Time and Space incarnate would have been over-after what had happened, he would settle for less. And thus, he would use his leverage as the very foundation that Reality had built to rip power directly from the Four Great Powers of Reality. You would have been massively empowered-and the tyrannical Four Great Powers, weakened accordingly. Thus bolstered, you would have made a decision-to kill or spare Richard, for the last time-and once that was made, you would make your way through UserZero's veil, and encounter her house, floating within the Void.

Her house was once nothing more than a trailer fitting for a trailer park, but it had been transformed into a menacing fortress of absolute despair. You would have raided it. It would be somewhat like Scratch's Manor more than DTG itself. You would go into the first room-the Household-and you would scour it for anything and everything you needed. You would make mincemeat of regular terrors and defenses of the server like they were barely existent, with your new power, and require the presence of powerful Superterrors to put down. The first Boss would in fact be a familiar face-Reallyjoel's Dad, the ultimate gamer, who UserZero bribed into work by threatening his son and Wife. You would have slain him. If Richard was there, perhaps he would rank up, at last, to Omega. He would give parting words of encouragement, hoping you would finish the job. You would have moved up-to the War Rooms, where UserZero tests and trains her Terrors-and you would have made your way through there, finding and using limited amounts of keys to open the doors to UserZero's most powerful armaments-which themselves would add onto your own. You would have made your way to the very end and fought against the strongest of UserZero's Terrors and the very first, the Terror Bunny-the Cuteness, Godmodding Incorporated's singular Assassin. An assimilating nightmare who had devoured millions of innocents and potential competitors for UserZero's enjoyment, she would have made for a formidable foe. But you would most likely have won. Maybe not. Maybe you would find your bodies and powers assimilated into her, and UserZero would celebrate her most trusted minion. But more than likely, you would have beaten that nightmare, and moved up.

Then would be the Laboratories. You would be surprised-the boss is right next to you-but the key isn't there. You would have made your way through infinite spaces to find the key, along the way encountering UserZero's Anti-Descendant force, corrupting and crippling your powers should you dare to remain in rooms it has filled. Eventually, it would have filled all but two, but almost certainly, you would have found the Key and perhaps something more. You would have entered and fought against the Steampunker, the woman who had helped UserZero so much along the way in all forms of technology. She would create new enemies on the fly, casually rearranging components into metal demons, before she ran out of metal and ran out of ways to stop you from killing her. Then, you would have moved up and looked into the Corpse Collection, UserZero's macabre room of trophies, a preserved archive of trillions of things that she killed or came into possession of otherwise=bar Godmodders, to your presumed curiosity. And you would have then met the invincible War-Wound, the culmination of UserZero's corpse-collecting, an invincible abomination fed by a portal to the Elemental Plane of Life. Invincible if not for processing centers, which held portals to the Elemental Plane of Death, which would have been enough to stall out its infinite life-just enough that, if you found all four, you could have negated its infinite regeneration and life and killed it for good, and moved on to the fifth floor. All the while, UserZero's HP would tick down a point less for every boss you slew-then it would have been but a measly three.

In the fifth room, you would have found endless enemies, but not for naught-they would have dropped powerful essences of Rage, essences that you could have used to infuse yourselves with greater power, which you would yet need for even greater entities stood between you and the last barrier to UserZero. The Red. And then, all secrecy would be set aside; after all, you had penetrated her Veil. Thus, he would say that his full, real name is Gerald Grayale, a distinction of note, for his daughter-and the reason that he had so steadfast backed you up and prevented time's destruction, while interfering with you saving UserZero's identity-was Hera Grayale. UserZero herself. He was delusional in his hopes to bring UserZero to sanity (or, perhaps, maybe not, if you were really dedicated and really forgiving), and delusional that he could reform the Dark Carnvial from the omnicidal maniacs they had become-or become enraged by the last barrier he had between infinite assassins and himself, aside from UserZero. The fragility of time, even in your empowered states, would have made it the one shot to kill you for good he had-and he would have taken it. Perhaps he would have succeeded and perhaps he could finally please his daughter and try to convince her away from her madness, a prospect that may or may not work. But more likely, you would kill him, ending the Dark Carnival for good. And then you would move on, with UserZero only two HP away from death.

You would march to the final floor of godmodding incorporated, intent on slaying UserZero, and find an immense engine of godmodding power. You would find UserZero having finished constructing a death course of untold potential-and pitting herself on not only becoming the Godmodder, but also the Godmoder, a truly invincible being, by subjecting herself to the death course that realized the Godmoder's abilities in full, and to make sure she would win and succeed in full, she empowered herself with the engine in front of you, the Olympian Engine, empowered by the trillions of godmodder corpses she had encountered throughout time, each one with its tiny tinge of godmodding power, and combined a force of Godmodding that surpassed all Godmodders. And you would rush to destroy it, as UserZero rushed to use its powers to become the next Godmoder. Perhasp she would have won, mocked you for your invulnerability, and finally turned the tables upon you, killing you-and maybe Richard-and laughing at her success, her backup plan working flawlessly. But more likely than not, you would have destroyed it utterly before then, despite its pure raw godmodding potential requiring the power of some of the most devastating attacks of all time to destroy it. And the godmodding power it would have unleashed would knock UserZero away, leaving her at 1 HP, into a different chamber, and empower you all, including Richard if he was there. Empowering Richard to the ultimate rank, attaining so much Godmodding energy at once that he could only ever become what destiny decreed for him-Omega Plus. And you would have ascended too-ascended all the way up to Gamma rank Godmodderhood, or something akin to it, with that power. You would seem an unstoppable fighting force. UserZero would have fled, taunting you to follow. You would follow her all the way to her last bastion, the last place she knew, the last place she had-Indalo's Moon.

You would crack jokes about the Moon and it's impossibly high HP (1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ^ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ^ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ^ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ^ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ^ HP, precisely), almost certainly and how utterly invincible it was, before it shifted and moved and twisted its form into something far less like a moon and more like a moon-sized War Machine. UserZero's ultimate plan was simple enough: Destroy everything. Reset reality. And this was a weapon she had spent unfathomable amounts of time perfecting, built around a place of unimaginable power. And thus, you would encounter the final boss, a base built around every potential turret type created by Godmodderkind for the express purpose of being invincible and indestructible, and obliterating reality, UserZero's ultimate weapon; The Allslayer.

You would move fast. Even those who had been Pro-Zero all this time would finally bend knee, and you would move as Descendants. You would construct a Turret of your own to stop the Allslayer from completing its dread task of obliterating everything, a turret made of turrets quite like UserZero's own, but formed differently-formed into a gigantic mech barely enough to come to terms with the ultimate war machine. It would only delay it so long. It was also only a distraction, a buy of time that UserZero couldn't ignore nor get around. And thus, while the Void itself was ripped apart by the utlimate battle, you slipped under the machines and into the Allslayer's internal compartments, and gained access to that which you would need most; Dragonslayer Charges, the kind UserZero used to blow up Earth so long ago, deliciously turned against her. And thus you would move into the inner workings, determined to destroy critical components of the machine, trying to permanently cripple it with each movement. You would fight Chuck Norris to get at the secondary engines-he would serve as a roadblock of epic proportions but only so much. You would fight against the Red Dragon for the primary engines-directly, via a portal into the Nether, and slay it once and for all. You would fight the very AI of the place to destroy it, an AI empowered by unlimited turret weaponry to fire at you. And then, against all odds, as you stand to destroy the core of the Godmodding Power source, you would find UserZero, at no less than 1 HP. You would kill her to destroy it, most likely. She would respawn, however, at full HP, but fight you no more. She would lead you on, to the only place in the Allslayer that mattered-it would merely be fighting for eternity for both parties if this continued.

She lead you through the Exception-the heart of the Moon, were the Source Code of Reality Began and Ended, the one place that Godmodding didn't exist. At once, everyone was rent powerless. UserZero beckoned on the other side of the massive Exception, like a beautiful nature reserve made by an advanced society. and there, at the very center, you would meet the person you never would have expected to meet. You would have met Psi. He would be as powerless as you were, easily killed, not even able to leave. He would apologize for his madness. He would be forever ashamed. He knew what he did-he split time itself to create Godmodding and he was horrified at the results, how his actions freed the Black in one timeline and slew trillions. He was sent here as punishment, not to die and be nothing but to be immortal and to record the records of reality until reality itself was due for ending. And he shared a final secret-while it would be safe, the Exception could not sustain reality forever. Upon its next use, the Source Code of Reality would be lost. You would be strangers in an even stranger land when it stopped-for it had stopped before. Or, perhaps, more frighteningly, that it wouldn't be so strange. He gave you his last blessing-only a blessing in word-and bid you good luck for your next, and hopefully, last, opponent, at the central bridge of the Allslayer. You may have chosen to kill Psi after he spoke. I will not now nor ever know.

You would have moved to the bridge. You would witness infinity, and all the accounts UserZero had operating as one to keep the Allslayer functional. And in the very center, the UserZero you have fought with since the beginning would step aside. And you would meet Hera Grayale. She would look nothing like UserZero. She was distinctly asian in nationality; she was crippled in one leg and required a cane; her eyes were black as pits; and she would tell her story about why she was so obsessed with changing her one loss. And it would be this that she said.

"... When I was 5, Richard did something I couldn't ever forgive him for. He shoved me down some stairs. He considers it karma because I annoyed him over some trivial thing I can't even remember. Fell on my head. Lost all ability to move my left leg for a while. It was only barely healing. We were separated and united across schools ever since, and every time we did, we didn't get along. I couldn't forgive him for :red:ing crippling me, while the blow to his ego that I represnted by existing was too much for him to bear. It all lead up to me shoving his :red: in a tuba while we were both attending grad school for our own purposes in coding, and I just heard about this cool Minecraft game... I don't even know how I did it then. I didn't realize I was godmodding even then. I just... Did it. It was so satisfying to see him in such a position that he was :red:ing useless. No-one bothered to turn me in. I loved how Richard even had this absurd phobia of a dumb instrument..."

"... You know how the rest goes from there, don't you, though?"

"But, there was one thing... I don't know why, but, you know I couldn't heal myself? My real body-the leg. It never got better. I mean, it did, before. I could walk with it now. I always needed this cane, you see. But the leg never healed, no matter what I did. I used avatars to walk freely, feel how that was, and man it felt good to run again. But I couldn't walk in my real body without my cane. Weak. Insufficient. No healing powers. The one thing. It made me realize the full potential of Godmodding, in a way nobody did. It was always the bullied, always the weak, always the despised by society who were wretched, always those who couldn't exercise themselves well, and instead were stuck there, appreciating the computer, thinking about that strange happening the other day..."

"... In thinking about them, about that, I learned. I realized the full extent of my power as a godmodder. I was the first Omega Plus, because back then all it took was understanding the full extent of what that power was. I understood everything Richard didn't and can't. The other Omegas-when we decided he couldn't be the Omega Plus, it was because that, for all of his bullying, he never wanted for jack and :red:. He never knew the meaning of the word want in his life. A quiet millionaire who could do anything he wanted with just his money. I thought, in my entire life, that I could never meet anything more wrong, than Richard, someone who ultimately had everything and kept having everything. Everyone hated him in school because he kept flaunting what he had. Idiot knew nothing about what it was to be on the bottom, to be weak. He didn't understand anything."

"Then I met you lot. You... I hate you... I hate you all... Because you're just like him at the end of the day. No difference I can see."

"You won't learn, either, except the hard way. I learned harder and harder, every second, in that place called Limbo. I learned. I learned the one thing that every godmodder needs to know, everything that a godmodder IS. I learned Pain. I learned Suffering."

"It's time for you to learn."

And thus, Hera Grayale fought. She fought with the force of infinite accounts wielding infinite powers. She fought harder than you ever thought a Godmodder could fight. She deflected everything, everything, everything that should have killed a godmodder eighty times over. Eight-hour long animations. Novels worth of longposting. Shakespherian poetry. Combination attacks. Everything.

Everything but the absolute best. She only took one damage from it-the ultimate attack-but it knocked her back, and you put down the last Dragon Charge. She would spring forth, willing to kill, while you evacuated. And just like that, you would have slain infinity; all infinity of UserZero's accounts, obliterated in an instant. And Hera Grayale herself, left with but one Hitpoint, unable to sustain the Allslayer. You would evacuate it before the whole thing exploded, and someone would post a gif of the Death Star exploding because it was no more fitting than then. You created an artificial moon for Hera and you all to land on, including Richard, if he was alive. Richard would kill her then-or you. And then...

From there, I can't even imagine. Perhaps you'd witness Richard vow to slay you all and fly off to do just that, history repeating almost for certain. Perhaps, however, he would have seen how utterly you had won, how much power you wielded, and finally decided that there was no way he could ever enjoy himself or have fun or be great by doing anything that could lead to you fighting him-so he didn't fight. He conceded to your greatness, aware that you had defeated him even more than UserZero by that point, that no matter how good he got he was never going to defeat you, and that he would settle for creating the next hit indie game and get rich that way. Or perhaps he wasn't there at all, and with your combined powers you would simply say goodbye. Perhaps you would come back to obliterate reality with the Exception, saving as much as you could for the day. Or perhaps your actions were sufficient to delay the end.

Or perhaps none of that would have happened.

Perhaps the Dark Carnival would have succeeded and unleashed the Black, spelling almost-certain doom for your world. Almost certain isn't certain, however. Perhaps you would do something unthinkable. You forgave Roxxanne for being the former Black-perhaps you could forgive who she was before, before the attempted redemption? And thus, you would meet the unfathomable thing head-on, and confront his problems and his many demons and his many flaws and work tirelessly to redeem him, and maybe even avert Armageddon. Or perhaps not, and he would have destroyed reality in the name of a new one. Perhaps you would exploit that, rather than fight it, armed with the knowledge to do so. Perhaps you couldn't.

Perhaps along the way, UserZero would get lucky and managed to get Richard down low. He would have pulled out his best. Incredible Terrors. Even, maybe, the Anti-Chuck Norris Turret Tank. Maybe that would have turned the tide. Or maybe UserZero would have gotten lucky, maybe she would have killed you all, maybe she would have scremed at the sky and cried at her deliverance and maybe even she would work to undo her damage.

Perhaps along the way, your potential attempts to make Richard see the light went awry, and in order to make sure you succeeded you went into his mind. There lied the Shadow-the abomination responsible for his turn to darkness-and the abomination that would ensure it stayed the course. Perhaps you didn't and wouldn't succeed in killing him, and perhaps he would use the opportunity to dispose of you, empower Richard, and lead him along the path to the destruction of Minecraftia even faster.

Perhaps something would happen with Shadow Roxxanne to give her the power to assimilate reality she always wanted. Perhaps that wasn't what she wanted anymore but couldn't stop it. Perhaps she and Roxxanne would realize how lonely they were in the empty ambiguity for all their power. Perhaps they would cry at what happened. Or perhaps they wouldn't. Perhaps Shadow Roxxanne even had it right. Perhaps none of that would happen. Perhaps someone else would take that fate.

Perhaps the Conflict would reassemble by some freak stroke of fortune for them. Perhaps they would have destroyed reality like the omnicidal threat they had become. Perhaps you would have averted their desires and purged them of their corruption.

Perhaps the Dark Carnival would get lucky in a different way and just obliterate reality with Paradoxes.

Perhaps Richard just died of a tuba and UserZero was in too much disbelief to do anything to you.

Perhaps you players would just leave the game, leaving Richard to die alone against a superior force.

Perhaps none of these things would have happened.

Perhaps.

Who can say?

What I can say is, concretely and without doubt, Destroy the Godmodder 0rigins is over. It died of none of these things, it ended in none of these ways, none of that happened, and barring something queer, it never really will, except here. Destroy the Godmodder 0rigins died to a GM who wasn't up to the task and ultimately had to quit early. The quitting was the decision of more than one person, but it was a majority of the players who played this very game, or who had played this very game, or who were looking forwards to playing this very game, and more. I could not ignore it, and I don't think I would bounce back without it ending either.

This wasn't how I wanted it to end. In hindsight, however, Destroy the Godmodder 0rigins was flawed. Fundamentally so. Too rooted in old plot. It wasn't how any other DTG started and it wasn't a recipe for success. It wasn't the only flaw, but that it was fundamentally flawed was the highlight. Too much ambition and planning. It wasn't really set in mind to attempt to surpass DTG2 in scale-it was intended to scale back-but somehow it didn't, and that doomed it.

The saddest part about this is how it just seemed that everything was about to turn around and get really good, that all the flaws were just about gone, a new simple event was up, all the bosses were dead or near-dead, a game we could all agree upon. No more freshman mistakes-I was a competent GM now, the field was relatively clean, and we could enjoy a reasonably easy and fun field. However, the way things were, the odds of it just getting worse and that just being a hopeful spot in the middle of the storm was just too much. My health was deteriorating. Nightmares were had. Drama was had. Too much of it. I couldn't stand it. Perhaps that just made be a poor choice to be GM, but no-one could realize it beforehand. Perhaps it was just how inconsistent the update schedule was. Rip Charges, 2017-2018, quoteth Cyanogynist-an exaggeration but an expressed fear nevertheless. All-in-all, how many bad things were going on? All of it was poison to the game. I once said I would have carried on no matter what. Now... Well, look how that turned out.

I'm really bummed. Not really sad, just bummed. On the flipside, some long-anticipated Reboot stuff could be had, and this doesn't mean DTG itself is dead. Check out DTG: Terraria sometime, the first game hosted on here before 0rigins migrated from the Minecraft Community Forums. Or maybe Chaos, hosted on our own DTG forums-though it is *vastly* different, and if you thought 0 was complicated, you were adding on 'barring Chaos' to the end of it without even knowing it.. We have links to both, as well as other DTG games still ongoing, in our Discussion thread for more. And soon, the Destroy the Godmodder Reboot will be a thing, which will finally nuke this convoluted canon from orbit and make a better stage for all of our shenanigans. By the way-the DTG0 Forge will not be a thing, ever. The need for it is gone. I will not subject myself to creating it. That was just never going to happen.

As for me, I have a few things planned, aside from IRL. I've bounced back and forth the idea of revisiting the Scratch's Manor fundamentals I toyed with and shared with you in the above finale-perhaps we'll even get to actually play that sequence! Perhaps not. There's also one other group of maniacs I happen to know, and I have an obligation and a different kind of mad game to share with them-one that lived so long it was borderline pants-on-head crazy how long it lasted, nearly as long as DTG2 itself. Not so much a shout to its size so much as to its devotion. Maybe I'll go into YouTubing and you can hear me shout stuff on a YouTube channel. Maybe that could even make me famous! That would be silly. But it would be amazing. For now, I just want to play Terraria and Chaos and such and other. But rest assured, I'll live and be happy and liven up even though all of the saltstorms that 0 went through behind the scenes dragged my name through the mud and dragged some people away from the entire franchise, a feeling I'm still bummed about.

And thus, we end, just over 260 pages of Destroy the Godmodder 0 and over a year of playtime. If nothing else, we beat the quality curve on most forum games by a mile. Maybe. DTG is a game where you can make a fight with a single minecraft creeper (or terraria creeper) feel utterly insane, so we have that at the very least.

I am The Nonexistent Tazz, AKA GoldenReady, and Destroy the Godmodder 0rigins is over. I'll request a moderator to lock the thread. You may archive it and keep it up for all of its glory (or 'glory') for eternity, if you so wish, but it is at last over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom