Destroy the Godmodder: Acolyte! [JUST MOVED IN]

Should I change the amount of time you guys have to post?

• Give us 1 extra day, giving us 2 days to post! I want my posts to be worth more!

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Keep it with 1 day for us to post? I want to get in as many posts as possible!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I put knives on the Spear Mook before it diced it up in lines

I am gonna take a break from this game so I will play again in 2nd of September.

9/25 Doomsday Clock
8/25 Modus Persönlichkeit

The carrier that dropped me in flies above the battlefield for a few seconds, then drops a few Beebs, who attack everyone who isn't flying (including me, due to my flying chair--I take to the skies for as long as the Beebs are alive).

They originate from Nintendo Land, in Pikmin Adventure.

5/25 I Need A Weapon
4/20 Knives are Sharp

I take an axe, and use the Weapin Triangle to tell the lowest health Spear Mook that Axes beat Lances, and promptly break his Spear, and Cleave him

11/25 perceptual crystal- exact mechanics to be decided, general idea is a defensive item that generates power over time. if it has [arbitraynumber] energy and i am struck by enough power to pierce that, it will instead protect my items for me at the cost of [arbitrarynumber] energy, regardless of whether or not i'd lose them (IE: lose power even if i win the 'keep item' roll.]
11/25 linear growth crystal- no useful abilitys, but its strength grows linearly with time up to a cap, eventually will get abilitys via other charges. the only available ability is "semipermanence- you may keep this item on death once every 20 (-5 every for every [cooldownperiod] rounds this existed, until 10.) rounds
+ to goldhero101
If I got the crate off the pillar, I open it. if my hands are still hurting, I try to cure them. AGAIN. if the crate is still atop the pillar and my hands are not hurting, I grab the pickaxe and jab it higher in the pillar, using it to climb up to the crate and grab it.

[PA] 11/20 HP I distract Ninjatwist_ using Distracuts Maximus, then hit Ninjatwist_ with Distractus Maximus, as he is to distracted to noticed I swung him.
9/25 Simplicity
9/25 Complexity.

6/25 I Need A Weapon
5/20 Knives are Sharp

I tell MrMirrorMan his attack failed because he was distracted by Distractus Maximus while trying to distract Ninja

Thannnnnk youp!

Splat Roller: Sword, 50% chance to inflict Inked.

I begin looking around for something interesting to do.

I push my hands at MrMirrorMan. The air molecules between me, the Shield Mooks and him suddenly condenses and stop moving, and I use all my force to push them into the water, suffocating them. Then the air molecules get apart again.

5/25 Inferno Stick
5/25 Staff of Ice
+1 pricey

I'm considering simplifying gun-based weapons so they're easier to use effectively and not as reliant on RNG to work effectively. If you guys have any ideas, feel free to let me know! Or you can let me know on Discord- if you don't have access to the private server, feel free to join the internment server. There's a public link in the OP.\

[PA] 11/20 HP I decide to not be so elegant with my attacks anymore, and decide to go for the jugular of Distractus Maximus, using more than a bit of barbed wire and needles to make my point
8/25 Simplicity
8/25 Complexity.

Yikes- brutally effective. You deal 5 damage to Distractus Maximus!

By the way, your attacks on Ninjatwist_ were ineffective because Ninjatwist_ dodged them due to his Plot Armor, which I should have indicated more clearly. They would have hit under other circumstances.

I shoot the four health Spear Mook with my Shotgun; hopefully sending it to an early grave.
Mastering Drunken Fist:8/21
Summoning Ring of Flamestrike:3/15
Summoning Red Shirts:3/5
+1 TrickleJest

You deal 6 damage to the unfortunate Mook- more than enough to be lethal! You add one more Soul to your HHHH.

10/25 perceptual crystal- exact mechanics to be decided, general idea is a defensive item that generates power over time. if it has [arbitraynumber] energy and i am struck by enough power to pierce that, it will instead protect my items for me at the cost of [arbitrarynumber] energy, regardless of whether or not i'd lose them (IE: lose power even if i win the 'keep item' roll.]
10/25 linear growth crystal- no useful abilitys, but its strength grows linearly with time up to a cap, eventually will get abilitys via other charges. the only available ability is "semipermanence- you may keep this item on death once every 20 (-5 every for every [cooldownperiod] rounds this existed, until 10.) rounds
+ to goldhero101

I look at my still-hurting hands, then at the the pickaxe. IF the pickaxe can be used as a stepping stone to reach the crate and push it off the spire, I do so. otherwise, I heal my GORRILAING hands already! with like a bandage or healing potion or something.

You try to use the pickaxe as a stepping stone, but it collapses under your weight and you fall down. Thankfully, you suffer no damage.

However, the pickaxe's dislodging does seem to disrupt the pillar enough that the crate falls down and cracks open.

Inside the crate are some well-needed medical supplies! Including something that can treat cactus pricks.

I put the burning Mook out of its misery by freezing it in a block of ice. The rapid change in temperature causes his hands and feet to fall off (probably) and die.
Mastering Drunken Fist:9/21
Summoning Ring of Flamestrike:4/15
Summoning Red Shirts:4/5
+1 TrickleJest

Yikes. You deal 5 damage to the Shield Mook, freezing the thing to death!

I put knives on the Spear Mook before it diced it up in lines

I am gonna take a break from this game so I will play again in 2nd of September.

...You deal 3 damage to one of the Spear Mooks?

Gotcha. Life happens.

9/25 Doomsday Clock
8/25 Modus Persönlichkeit

The carrier that dropped me in flies above the battlefield for a few seconds, then drops a few Beebs, who attack everyone who isn't flying (including me, due to my flying chair--I take to the skies for as long as the Beebs are alive).

They originate from Nintendo Land, in Pikmin Adventure.

Alright then- Beebs summoned. They're only a one-turn charge, so don't expect them to do much.

5/25 I Need A Weapon
4/20 Knives are Sharp

I take an axe, and use the Weapin Triangle to tell the lowest health Spear Mook that Axes beat Lances, and promptly break his Spear, and Cleave him

You deal 5 damage to the Spear Mook!

11/25 perceptual crystal- exact mechanics to be decided, general idea is a defensive item that generates power over time. if it has [arbitraynumber] energy and i am struck by enough power to pierce that, it will instead protect my items for me at the cost of [arbitrarynumber] energy, regardless of whether or not i'd lose them (IE: lose power even if i win the 'keep item' roll.]
11/25 linear growth crystal- no useful abilitys, but its strength grows linearly with time up to a cap, eventually will get abilitys via other charges. the only available ability is "semipermanence- you may keep this item on death once every 20 (-5 every for every [cooldownperiod] rounds this existed, until 10.) rounds
+ to goldhero101
If I got the crate off the pillar, I open it. if my hands are still hurting, I try to cure them. AGAIN. if the crate is still atop the pillar and my hands are not hurting, I grab the pickaxe and jab it higher in the pillar, using it to climb up to the crate and grab it.

You use the "Cactus Cream" in the crate! Your hands feel great and refreshed as if they hadn't been horribly stung by cacti.

[PA] 11/20 HP I distract Ninjatwist_ using Distracuts Maximus, then hit Ninjatwist_ with Distractus Maximus, as he is to distracted to noticed I swung him.
9/25 Simplicity
9/25 Complexity.

Ninjatwist_ receives 3 damage from the strike!

6/25 I Need A Weapon
5/20 Knives are Sharp

I tell MrMirrorMan his attack failed because he was distracted by Distractus Maximus while trying to distract Ninja

Your logic strike hits clear and true, despite all the Shield Mooks that should have taken the hit. 5 damage to Mirror!

Thannnnnk youp!

Splat Roller: Sword, 50% chance to inflict Inked.

I begin looking around for something interesting to do.

Splat Roller granted! if you're looking for something to do, you could join one of the two factions fighting over the Acolyte, or you could start a sidequest in search of adventure.

I push my hands at MrMirrorMan. The air molecules between me, the Shield Mooks and him suddenly condenses and stop moving, and I use all my force to push them into the water, suffocating them. Then the air molecules get apart again.

5/25 Inferno Stick
5/25 Staff of Ice
+1 pricey

Nicely done. You deal 3 damage to all three remaining Shield Mooks!

========[End-of-Turn Events]========

The Spear Mooks strike Distractus Maximus, dealing 6 damage!

Ninjatwist_ tries to continue meditating, but he can't concentrate because he's under fire. He only heals 1 HP!

The Assault Rifle Mooks hose down the incoming Beebs before they can deal damage.
The Shield Mooks continue to hunker down, protecting MrMirrorMan.

The Acolyte heals MrMirrorMan for 4 HP!

The Shield Mook takes burn damage!

========[JOE's Sidequest]========

You've opened the crate! A pickaxe and supplies lie at your feet.

====[The Battlefield]====
A shoreline reaching down the coast.

ender 2 [AA] HP: 18/20. Overload: 2/15.
Pricey12345 [AA] HP: 16/20.
auyuengyat/sunnyau [AA] HP: 17/20.
ConsumerOfAll [AA] HP: 20/20.
Emerald_Mann [AA] HP: 20/20.
Cyanogynist [AA] HP: 20/20.
TrickleJest [AA] HP: 20/20.

ender 2
Headless Horsemann Harmer's Howitzer §¶ (14/16 Souls) (Shotgun, Base Damage: +2, Earns 1 Soul per kill, Souls can be unleashed into an entity that can be drawn back into the gun if above Orange Health (40%), Deals +1 base damage for every 6 Souls kept in the gun)
Healing Potion (Heals 8 HP to the target entity when used)
Regeneration Potion (Grants Regeneration (4 HP gained per turn) to the target entity when used)

Pricey12345
Helm of the Juggernaut §¶ [Cooldown: IIIIII] (+1 Speed Value and 30% damage reduction when equipped on an enemy, using this item boosts this value to 60% and the wearer's attacks always hit twice for 2 turns)

auyuengyat
Wicked Ring §¶
(Dealing lowering an enemy into a health threshold adds +1 charge point to all charges)
Seashell (Crafting ingredient)

ConsumerOfAll
Tank Artillery Tube §¶ [Cooldown: II] (Deals 12 damage to an enemy and 4 damage to its surroundings as splash)

Emerald_Mann
Scrambling Eggs (x3) (Deals 4 damage 6 times to an enemy or group of enemies when used)
Shield Module §¶ [Cooldown: III] (Grants Shielded (75% damage mitigation) for one turn on any unit of entities once used)

MrMirrorMan [PA] HP: 10/20.

GoldHero101 [N] HP: 20/20.
DathVader [N?] HP: 20/20.

GoldHero101
Splattershot (Assault Rifle, 25% chance to inflict Inked (30% miss chance))
Splat Roller (Sword, 50% chance to inflict Inked (30% miss chance))

Itinerary Objectives:

Anti-Acolyte:
Damage the Acolyte as much as you can!
Draw aggro away from Ninjatwist_ and yourselves! This can be easily done with quickly-charged entities!

Pro-Acolyte:
Fight Ninjatwist_ and the Player Entities!

Dropped Items:
Welcome to the Looting Gallery! Only one item can be looted from this at a time and are anyone's for the taking.
No items have been dropped.

Ninjatwist_ [AA] HP: 9/20. Plot Armor: 40% Reduction. Slowed (-1 Speed Value while affected, 0/1)
  • Shortsaber §¶ (Base Damage: +2, can attack twice)
  • Beretta 93R Pistol §¶ (Base Damage: 4, Burst Fire (Fire up to 2 shots with the damage of 3 shots each burst))
Base Damage: 4
Speed Value: 4

This entity can perform unique actions like a Player Character can, such as performing special actions.

Plot Armor:

This entity has a default 50% dodge chance against ranged and melee attacks.
The maximum amount of damage this entity can take is 50% of its maximum health.
This entity gains a damage reduction as its health decreases, up to 80% when at RED HEALTH.
Can target and damage the Acolyte.

Distractus Maximus [AA] HP: 13/50. Cannot attack, gets targeted first.

Beebs [N] Units: 0/4. Base Damage = Remaining units.

Spear Mooks [PA] HP: 0/16, 8/16, 16/16 (x2).

Assault Rifle Mooks [PA] HP: 12/16, 13/16 (x2), 16/16 (x2).

Shield Mooks [PA] HP: 0/16, 10/16 Burning (1 damage over time, 1/2), 13/16 (x2). Protecting MrMirrorMan. Shielding.

The Acolyte [AC] HP: 82/100. Dark Magic Meter: 100%. Kills: 20.

====[The Desert]====
A flat desert devoid of defining features. Houses JOE's sidequest.

JOEbob [N] HP: 18/20. Hurting hands!

Cactus (x2) (Crafting ingredient)

You should scan this area for anything of note! It should be easy because of the flat terrain.

Crate Items:
"Cactus Cream", Portable Cactus Juicing Kit, 3 Desert Fruits

Items of Interest:
Sandstone Pillar (Provides shade)
Pickaxe (Free, can be picked up)

The rest of the objects are unknown. Scan the area to find more!

Last edited:
I whack the 8 health Mook on the head with a staff; hopefully bringing within lethal range.
Mastering Drunken Fist:10/21
Summoning Ring of Flamestrike:5/15
Summoning Red Shirts:5/5 (Cheap expendable units that have a habit of jumping in front of enemy bullets)

12/25 perceptual crystal- exact mechanics to be decided, general idea is a defensive item that generates power over time. if it has [arbitraynumber] energy and i am struck by enough power to pierce that, it will instead protect my items for me at the cost of [arbitrarynumber] energy, regardless of whether or not i'd lose them (IE: lose power even if i win the 'keep item' roll.]
12/25 linear growth crystal- no useful abilitys, but its strength grows linearly with time up to a cap, eventually will get abilitys via other charges. the only available ability is "semipermanence- you may keep this item on death once every 20 (-5 every for every [cooldownperiod] rounds this existed, until 10.) rounds
+ to goldhero101
I grab the portable cactus juicing kit and juice the cacti in my inventory, being careful not to hurt my hands again. I then look around.

I combo with my staff by shooting the same Mook at point blank range with my Shotgun.
Mastering Drunken Fist:11/21
Summoning Ring of Flamestrike:6/15
Summoning THE ARCHLICH OF NAXXRAMAS, ESTEEMED LICH LORD OF THE PLAGUELANDS, COMMANDER OF THE DREAD NECROPOLIS, MASTER AND FOUNDER OF THE CULT OF THE DAMNED, FORMERLY OF THE COUNCIL OF THE SIX, CREATOR OF THE ABOMINATION, CORRUPTOR OF THE SUNWELL, SUMMONER OF ARCHIMONDE THE DEFILER, BETRAYER OF HUMANITY, FOUNDER AND FIRST DARKMASTER OF THE SCHOLOMANCE, SCHOOL OF DARK ARTS AND NECROMANCY. CREATOR AND MASTER OF THE FOUR HORSEMEN. CORRUPTOR OF THE ASHBRINGER, HEARTHSTONE ENTHUSIAST AND CARING OWNER OF MR. BIGGLESWORTH THE CAT, THE MAJORDOMO TO THE LICH KING HIMSELF, KEL'THUZAD:1/25

I look around for a nice hilly area to begin a base to come to. I begin work on the base module.

3/25 Base Module 1: Lobby and Bedroom

+1 to Joe. Thanks for the support.

Last edited:
14/25 perceptual crystal- exact mechanics to be decided, general idea is a defensive item that generates power over time. if it has [arbitraynumber] energy and i am struck by enough power to pierce that, it will instead protect my items for me at the cost of [arbitrarynumber] energy, regardless of whether or not i'd lose them (IE: lose power even if i win the 'keep item' roll.] +1 goldhero
14/25 linear growth crystal- no useful abilitys, but its strength grows linearly with time up to a cap, eventually will get abilitys via other charges. the only available ability is "semipermanence- you may keep this item on death once every 20 (-5 every for every [cooldownperiod] rounds this existed, until 10.) rounds +1 goldhero
+ to goldhero
"Your welcome."
these are the words JOE spontaneously said into the desert for no reason. why? good question. probably something to do with how he just saved a crab that was about to die from a sandstone chunk (from when i destroyed the pillar) falling on it. this crab is circumstantially related to goldhero101, in that if not on a sidequest, JOE would have just said the words "your welcome" to them. regardless, the now-saved crab had just thanked him, and is now smiling and telling JOE an extreme amount of detail about the surrounding desert, including things nearby-but-outside the edge of his render distance (which is probably like 4 - 8 chunks). as JOE listens to the crab and figures it must be an auto-generated quest npc for a miniquest ( because this is minecraft, right? right.), he grabs the pickaxe from the ground/area and checks the time of day. if night is falling, he proceeds to start to dig a pit around his makeshift-home-sort-of thing, the pit being 2 blocks wide and 1 block deep, using the sand he gets from the pit to make a 1-block wall, resulting in a total wall of 2-blocks. he'll need protection. otherwise, the action goes entirely into the crab-protection-and-information-recieving.

[PA] 10/20 HP I put Distractus Maximus into the ocean, to drown. A small area where Distractus Maximus is suddenly is heated and turns to steam. It is painful.
10/25 Simplicity
10/25 Complexity.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Today's a pretty nice day to release my statement.

Today's the second anniversary of this game's release!

Wow. In two years, I didn't expect to get this far. Judging by the slow progress and dwindling player count on the MCF, I thought this game wasn't going to make it and join the pile of DTG games that died out before they could finish (0rigins being one of them didn't help matters). I had to try and rush through the Ancient Hermit boss to migrate this to this forum (the TCF obviously), where the DTG Community has made a new sort of "home base" (although people would eventually begin to expand further, but that's a story for another time). Thankfully, we made it, despite a long struggle, and I was incredibly happy to receive a new branch of fresh, energetic players to supplement the veterans of the last two years. I can't thank you guys enough for keeping my ideas afloat, and I can't wait to provide for the future.

Speaking of the future...

We're in through six Episodes, and we're not even done with the first act. Unfortunately, my ten-year prediction appears to be holding water. This shouldn't be any cause for discouragement- as posts declined in the last forum, so did progress, and as posts will increase in this forum, progress should increase alongside it. This is quite likely to be a game for the long haul, although I'm hoping to speed up the pace of the game by increasing the rate at which the Acolyte takes damage and the rate at which updates come out. The latter is especially helped by the influx of new players to the game.

What about recently?

As noted before, you guys have made the post count among the highest (if not the highest) this game has seen in its history. However, school starts tomorrow for me, and it's likely started already for many of you. I intend to keep update rates as high as I possibly can- although I'm only human and I may overwork some days. I don't want to make the same mistake that Tazz (0's GM) did- overwork to the point of losing touch with the game, his players, his friends, and his mind. (Thankfully, he's been recovering, if what I hear in the community is true.)
In terms of gameplay, I intend for the Acolyte to take a lot more damage- maybe down to three-quarters of his health or less- in preparation for the final boss of this Act. Judging by the now-relevant subplot, you've likely guessed already. I'll keep Mook counts low and in waves to give you guys grace periods to attack the Acolyte- or in the case of any Pro-Acolyte players out there, strike back at Anti-Acolyte entities. I hope that this game is enjoyable, and will continue to be enjoyable in the time to come.

Oh yeah, and there's a dop coming out tomorrow if I finish any schoolwork that's due.

> END OF YEAR 2

Last edited:
>unfortunately, my ten year prediction seems to be holding water
[DESTINY FLASHBACKS]
----
You're welcome.
----
I grab one of the Assault Rifle Mooks' rifles, and bash them in the head with it.
----
???: 2/25
???: 2/25

10/25 Doomsday Clock
9/25 Modus Persönlichkeit

My personalities seem to be a bit quiet. Perhaps they have nothing new to say.
Perhaps that is a good thing.

"Probably shouldn't rush production like that. Oh well, the production team is currently maxed out, so there's that."

The carrier rushes in, drops a few bombs on the battlefield, and rushes back out.

[PA] 10/20 HP I put Ninjatwist_ into a metal box, before attaching various locks, standard, magical, electronic, and various combinations of the previous three, before throwing it into the ocean, before revealing that Ninjatwist_ wasn't in it, and that I just poked his eyes out with a key.
11/25 Simplicity
11/25 Complexity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom