tModLoader Destructible Tiles - Brutalize your worlds

Ah, now xe're talking ! I know it would be a lot of work, but what if all the tiles were already included in the config file, so that all you need to do is searching the number you look for and modify it ?
Also, when i modify the data of a tile with varients, does it includes the varients or not ?
Hopefully, the ModConfig update should include browsing tiles by their sprites in-game. Jopojelly is working on that now.

All variants will be included. Sub-types are a little complicated at the moment.

I'm releasing Mod Helpers v5 and pretty much all my mods updated for it as a bundle. Might take a week or so. Also waiting on the implementation of dictionaries with ModConfig.
Ah, nice... Mind explaining how can i change the settings of more than one tile ? Because when i change the settings of more than 1 tile it glitches out and goes back to the default settings...

If you edit json files, you should use a tool to validate them beforehand (e.g. JSON Editor Online - view, edit and format JSON online).
I found the error (and corrected it as it was just me being a dumdum), only to find a smaller, yet problematic one: apparently, even when double checkingthe tile ID and making sure i wrote it correctly ("Terraria.199": 0,) for "TileDamageScaleOverrides", the tile so-called 199 (who is the crimson grass)dosen't get imminue to damage, as if it instead protected something else.

I found the error (and corrected it as it was just me being a dumdum), only to find a smaller, yet problematic one: apparently, even when double checkingthe tile ID and making sure i wrote it correctly ("Terraria.199": 0,) for "TileDamageScaleOverrides", the tile so-called 199 (who is the crimson grass)dosen't get imminue to damage, as if it instead protected something else.
Try a more generic block type, like stone or something. Meanwhile, I'll have a look and see if there's an error.

Edit: Try enabling the debug more and tell me what it says when you damage the tile in question.

Last edited:
Would be nice to have an option to exclude stars from making destruction on blocks
(as it is simply not an attack and happen random on the whole world in every night - like an meteor shower every night - for my play style to much random destruction)

Can we have a config option to make NPC Houses indestructible? This mod is awesome, but I find it hard to play with when I am trying to make a house that can support dozens of NPCs, and then I find those npcs start disappearing because a wall got knocked out here or there. If that isn't possible, then maybe we could have an item that, when used, allows a player to "Ward" (make indestructible) a certain section of blocks, tiles, walls, ect, that way we can just highlight the whole NPC house and "ward" it up from being destroyed.

Can we have a config option to make NPC Houses indestructible? This mod is awesome, but I find it hard to play with when I am trying to make a house that can support dozens of NPCs, and then I find those npcs start disappearing because a wall got knocked out here or there. If that isn't possible, then maybe we could have an item that, when used, allows a player to "Ward" (make indestructible) a certain section of blocks, tiles, walls, ect, that way we can just highlight the whole NPC house and "ward" it up from being destroyed.
You should be able to configure block types to have specific resistance values. Just specify the tile you want to adjust the damage scale for (set to 0 to make immune) with the setting TileDamageScaleOverrides. You'll need to copy the "TileID.GetUniqueKey(...)" convention for identifying tiles, which is going to be something like 'Terraria LihzahrdBrick' for vanilla lihzahrd bricks.

The config file just shows the option "do destroyed tiles drop blocks? yes or no", so I assume you are talking about myself going in and modifying the mod files themselves?

The config file just shows the option "do destroyed tiles drop blocks? yes or no", so I assume you are talking about myself going in and modifying the mod files themselves?
My bad, the setting is labeled "Tile damage multiplier " in the UI. I was referring to it's .json name.

have now deinstalled - as the falling stars thing is to much random tile destruction over the world every night .... without this an nice mod - maybe if this exluded i use it again - the idea is nice

have now deinstalled - as the falling stars thing is to much random tile destruction over the world every night .... without this an nice mod - maybe if this exluded i use it again - the idea is nice
You can configure certain projectiles to not destroy tiles. The setting is ProjectileDamageDefaults (I believe you enter "Falling Star" for the key).

Can this please be updated to Tmodloader 0.11.7.4? I got it off the mod browser and it seems to only work for 11.7.1 right now. I'd appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom