Weapons & Equip Destruction Boots: A series of tinkers for utility and combat

Firearrow15

Skeletron
Have you ever thought to yourself, "Self, why can't I have more boots? Frostsparks are good, and lava waders are okay, but I need more!"

Say no more! This suggestion adds a few boots to the game that eventually culminate in a third set of "Final boots" focused around combat.

First of all, some new accessories:

-Weighted boots
Accessory
Press down to fall faster
Found in gold chests (fairly rare)

These boots let you fall about 1.5x faster, for quicker travel down from sky islands or into the underworld. They also proportionately increase fall damage with the falling speed, but there are numerous ways to negate that.

-Gravity globe (now obtainable)
Accessory
Press up to flip gravity
Crafted with 1 crystal ball, 20 souls of flight, and 10 sun plate blocks @ a HM anvil.
Gravity can only be flipped for 7 seconds, after which it will unflip and inflict "Motion sickness" for 7 seconds

-Motion sickness
Debuff
Prevents you from flipping gravity unless a gravity potion is active.

Hopefully that will balance the gravity globe, which is currently much better than wings in terms of "flight" time, which is probably why it is unobtainable.

- Pegasus shoes
Accessory
Wearer can run super fast
Cancels fall damage
Dashing into enemies will deal damage
Crafted with Hermes boots, Lucky horseshoe and 5 Unicorn horns @ a HM anvil

These boots will deal damage equal to your armor multiplied by any movement speed bonuses when you run into an enemy while Hermes dashing. You will also not take contact damage from enemies while Hermes dashing, but you can still take knockback.

These new accessories are useless on their own. Let's fix that with some tinkers!

-Headstompers
Accessory
Lets you slide down walls
Deals damage to things you jump on
Crafted with shoe spikes and weighted boots @ Tinker's workshop

These boots will pop out nifty little spikes from your soles once you have fallen far enough to take fall damage. They will deal damage to enemies you land on equal to your fall damage for a maximum of 250. If you manage to land on something and deal damage, it will cancel your own fall damage (as well as contact damage from the enemy), so you don't kill yourself trying to stomp your enemies. (Fun fact: Falling faster using down will let you build up fall damage quicker. Handy!)

- Gravity boots
Accessory
Combines effects of Gravity globe and Headstompers
Crafted with Gravity globe and Headstompers @ Tinker's workbench.

-Assassin slippers
Accessory
Combines effect of Tabi and Pegasus shoes
Crafted with Tabi and Pegasus shoes @ a Tinker's workbench

Using a Tabi dash should be enough to activate the Pegasus boots' damaging dash.

After all that comes the pinnacle of this suggestion: Destruction Boots

Destruction Boots
Accessory
Combines effects of Assassin's slippers and Gravity boots
Crafted with Assassin's slippers and Gravity boots @ Tinker's workbench

The canceled fall damage from the lucky horseshoe does not negate the damage dealt to enemies you land on

Total effects:
Run super fast
Canceled fall damage
Slide on walls
Dash into enemies to deal damage
Fall onto enemies to deal damage
Double tap left or right to Tabi dash
Press up to flip gravity

Basically with the destroyer boots you sacrifice the jet boots and extra speed from the Frostspark boots to gain some nifty utility and combat effects.

So that's all! Feedback is appreciated. Tell me if you think it needs a nerf or a buff. As always, people are welcome to try to sprite these if they want.
Thanks for reading!

I like this a LOT. We have 2 final boots. Frostspark and Lava waders. I always thought they needed more variety. I support

SUPPORT.png

Weighted Boots, eh? Looks like someone was in the Water Temple lately. Overall, it seems balanced unlike most endgame boot threads. 8/10
Curses, you figured me out!

But yeah, really I was falling down a shaft lately and was annoyed about how long it took. Big fan of Zelda tho.

I like it as well. How about some boots that give you an increase jump height and also less fall damage?
We've already got multiple horseshoe balloons, so I think that niche is filled. If only there was a horseshoe bundle of balloons...

For a moment I was worried this was just going to be another generic "super boots" thread. Glad to know I was wrong, cause this is a pretty neat idea. Taking the concept of the shockwave potion and applying it to directly falling on opponents sounds a lot better.

And to be honest, I've always wanted to just plow through mobs just by sprinting. :D

For a moment I was worried this was just going to be another generic "super boots" thread. Glad to know I was wrong, cause this is a pretty neat idea. Taking the concept of the shockwave potion and applying it to directly falling on opponents sounds a lot better.

And to be honest, I've always wanted to just plow through mobs just by sprinting. :D
Thanks! :p
They are intended for more exploration and general combat than the frostspark boots, because nobody needs that much speed when exploring underground...

I really want to just take these and Tabi dash through a boss until it dies. What, Yrimir killed plantera with a copper shortsword? I could do it empty handed!

Thanks! :p
They are intended for more exploration and general combat than the frostspark boots, because nobody needs that much speed when exploring underground...

I really want to just take these and Tabi dash through a boss until it dies. What, Yrimir killed plantera with a copper shortsword? I could do it empty handed!
Killing Plantera isn't actually possible with a copper shortsword (unless it's the True variety), but with this that could indeed be rectified. :>

Killing Plantera isn't actually possible with a copper shortsword (unless it's the True variety), but with this that could indeed be rectified. :>
Yrimir did it... By loading up on defense and DoT and letting it burn to death. And technically, it might take you 40,000 hits, but it is *possible*

Ok, but back on topic:

I like the suggestion, and I think that this is a fair balance for an endgame boot. Inb4 people want a tinker for all 3 endgame boots combined.

Back
Top Bottom