PC desync issue

sna

Terrarian
i was playing terraria with a friend and i have an issue where on blood moons and bosses (and on occasion when there is a lot of enemies spawning) i get huge lag spikes like as if the game was trying to catch up with what was happening. it was normal when we were playing pre hard mode but after we killed wall of flesh the issue started becoming more present. we both have decent internet, ive reseted my router, turned off my firewall, and restarted multiple times but the issue still exist. currently we are playing with the calamity mod and are using the tmodloader.
here is an example of the issue:
any tips would be greatly appreciated

Wish I knew more about it because that looks pretty bad :rolleyes: but have you checked what it’s like without Calamity enabled? That could give you more info on what’s causing it. Is your TModLoader client updated? If it is maybe try having your friend host and see what’s that like. Hope this kinda helps!

friend has been hosting and im the joiner. last time we played was on vanilla a while which ran fine enough. and im pretty positive our tmodloader is up to date. i can try to see about testing this on vanilla though i would have to ask him to host on vanilla

Post your client.log and the hosts server.log
We need log files to help you. You'll find the log files in the logs folder. Look for client.log. (NOT the .zip file, the file named client or client.log)
Windows Logs: %UserProfile%\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Logs (This is typically found in C:\Documents\)
Linux Logs: ~/.local/share/Terraria/ModLoader/Logs/ or $XDG_DATA_HOME/Terraria/ModLoader/Logs/
Mac Logs: ~/Library/Application support/Terraria/ModLoader/Logs/

we both disabled magic storage and auto save however no luck.

Attachments

• client.log
    25.8 KB · Views: 88
  • server.log
    14.1 KB · Views: 73
both of you disable all your mods, reload, then restart computers, then host/join without any mods, but with tml still

we disabled everything except tml and made a new world and reloaded. we had a blood moon which was perfect for testing this because this issue mainly happens during events and bosses. however, the weird thing is the issue didnt happen this time during a blood moon though it happened once afterwards. we spent about 15 min on this world before leaving.

Attachments

• client.log
    14 KB · Views: 76
  • server.log
    14.1 KB · Views: 71
what could help is if the host got rid of OneDrive, theres guides for how to safely recover the Documents folder from that on google. To me it looks like an issue with the server/hosts PC

hosts pc is pretty tanky so it couldnt be an issue with the pc but i will look into about onedrive

onedrive is turned off for me and host (however i do have some stuff stored in there)

small update in addition to this, just recently ive been getting the "lost connection" screen a few times. however my internet speed is 2 ping 100 download and 80 upload sooo idk im losing my mind ;p

Back
Top Bottom