tModLoader Deus Ex Things

BowlSchitt

Terrarian
"You underestimate humanity's love for GEP Gun jokes."

Welcome to my first attempt at a mod in a game, thanks to a collection of stupid ideas, and the fact there wasn't one already.
Will be slow to update new things, as this is my first time using C#. (Though it feels a lot like Java, so I think I'll be fine.)

Features:
-Replaced 'on hit', 'on death', and 'on jump' soundbites of the player with ones from Deus Ex (2000). Has a pitch randomizer, did not fiddle with volume, so it might be loud, advise caution.
-A GEP Gun. soon (hopefully) to have functional custom ammo types: 'GEP Gun Rockets (HE)' and 'GEP Gun Rockets (WP)'. For now, it works with regular Terraria rockets. (Fixed)
-GEP Gun now works ONLY with GEP Gun Rockets (HE) and GEP Gun Rockets (WP), that are homing.
-References to Deus Ex: Malkavian Mod (RIP) and other Deus Ex related things/memes/GEP Gun jokes.

Future Plans:
-Having all the weapons from Deus Ex (2000) ported.
-Having custom ammo for all of those weapons.
-Having the sounds of the custom ammo/weapons exploding/impacting/whacking/swinging/etc. ported from the game files.
-Augments, with a separate menu.
-NPCs (Jaime and Carter).

Download:
To download, head to the Mod Browser in Terraria and search, "Deus Ex Things".
Source code.

Last edited:
Been playing with mod for a while, I really like it. One big hang up for me though is that the tracking behavior of the GEP rockets is really bad. A boss can be 10 blocks away, but the GEP will lock on to some minion off screen. Not a modder myself so I don't know how feasible that would be to fix.

Back
Top Bottom