TCF Suggestion Developer Appreciation Day (Concept)

Should there be a Developer Appreciation Day?

• Yes, of course!

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Nah, I don't think so.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • We shall see!

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

Philitopolis

Eye of Cthulhu
As all loyal terrarians know, our developers have been with this game since day 1. Redigit has always been an influential individual in this process. Cenx, D-Town, Loki, and all the testers and spriters, and artists have been there for us. They have made this great game that I am sure everyone can appreciate playing on a regular basis.
I believe that we need to create a Developer Appreciation Day! Perhaps we could post what you like most about each developer, create art for them, and uphold them in a fashion fit for what they have made this community become.
Please post in the comments what you think about this concept. Post a date you think would be appropriate and ideas for making this a reality!

Well since the recent passing of the wedding of cenx end red we should (every year June 12th) on the forumns or through an in game update declare the "developer appreciation day" .Maybe there could be gimmicks the party girl has during the celebration like the merchant and halloween sickles.

So basically a holiday event :p.

Well since the recent passing of the wedding of cenx end red we should (every year June 12th) on the forumns or through an in game update declare the "developer appreciation day" .Maybe there could be gimmicks the party girl has during the celebration like the merchant and halloween sickles.

So basically a holiday event :p.
I think that would be really cool, wouldn't you? Everyone would be able to show their appreciation for those wonderful people.

Great idea. I believe this could be made even better with a few additions:
- The day should be completely fan-made and crowd-funded (if funding is needed), because we don't want the devs to spend any money on a day in which we're supposed to appreciate their work, right?
- Competitions, maybe even with a prize (Terraria merchandise? Copies of the game to share? Maybe even a tiny suggestion to add to the game? Etc.). This could range from best drawing to coolest Terraria building, etc. Although it IS about the devs, people will be more enthusiastic if there is a small thing for them too ^^
Of course, the competitions wouldn't have to be completely Terraria-related.
- Traditions. We could build a 'statue of appreciation' or maybe a building, something to show our appreciation. The process could be live-streamed and filmed, and we could end it by inviting the devs to place the final few blocks on the piece.

I hope we will be able to make this a reality, and show the gaming community that the Terraria community is one of the closest, nicest communities out there. We might even be able to attract new people to the game.

I appreciate the developers by telling other people that this is a pretty legit game. I cant/wont pay again and I have sent quite a few people towards this game by word of mouth and by how many hours I've spent on this game. People see my hours and they ask me if this is a good game or not. My answer is always yes. I will give you an indian burn for not playing this game. Will I outright worship the developers? No.

Back
Top Bottom