Console Devs working on Console 1.4: Please try to get 1.4 out before the end of summer!

Terrablade101

Terrarian
As the title suggests, I really hope that @Loki and all the other devs working on console 1.4 try to get it out before summer ends! Most of the terraria player base goes to school of some kind, and summer break is the time that we usually have to play the game we love! If console 1.4 doesn’t come out until, say, mid august, many of us will be starting to go back to school and won’t get to enjoy the amazing update that has been worked on! Please understand that this isn’t to criticize the devs, as I understand they are hard at work, but more to remind them about the timing of this release date. Thanks so much if you do read this and let me know if you all agree with me.

first, loki isn't a developer, he handles the community side of things, for the most part.

second, re-logic aren't the ones working on console, that is DR studios.

also, they're not going to prioritize the timing for the convenience of some players over the stability of the entire game.

1.4 is an absolutely massive update, and they're doing extra work with the UI and giving players as much control over it as possible.

they're also trying to make sure splitscreen and multiplayer work properly.

if they rushed it, you wouldn't be able to play the game all that well anyway cause it'd probably be busted.

it's currently in the later stages, such as quality assurance, from the sounds of it... that may take another month or so, if things go smoothly.

it's expected to be finished in the third quarter, so that could be as late as sometime in september.

i know the wait sucks, but it's just something that can't be rushed without causing a lot of problems.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom