PC Diabolists - An Analysis, Documentary, and Guide.

are diaboltists the most annoying dungeon enemy

• yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • no get gud

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • necromancer is noob

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • nonenof yhemt are anpyjoyunyg

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Green Rango

Skeletron Prime
[orange text = expert mode]

Deep within the depths of a non-specific, post-pink-plant-of-death dungeon; there lies a player. The player could be you, or me, or it could even be a RED spy.

Almost all of us have witnessed the total power of this living weapon. A burst of scorching heat flies at you. You think to yourself a commonly expressed phrase that goes a little like this - "Hey, I can just fly out of the way or grapple away from it."

But, the truth is you can't.

You underestimated the flaming ball's area when it takes effect. You flew tiles above it, only for it to explode, dealing 70-80 damage because of your Post-Plantera gear.

You slightly flinch at how much damage it did. A single mob? Nonsense!

-The damage of its inferno can range from 80 - 128. However, if you find that you accidentally bump into the Diabolist itself, depending on which tier it is out of the two it can be, it could deal either 50 -
100 DMG [T1] or 60 - 120 [T2].

-The true hell happens when you realize one small detail that has a MASSIVE effect. What is it, you may be asking?
-The inferno can hit multiple times.
EHUEUCHAQQQQHSAD
-The inferno's hitbox is gigantic, so you'll be lucky to get out of the blazing sphere of death before you find that you have 6th degree burns everywhere on your body.
-Another true hell aspect is this: IT CAN TELEPORT THROUGH BLOCKS, AND ITS PROJECTILE SHOOTS THROUGH BLOCKS TOO.
ASOIGNSIUHNIUAWEIHJIWN HIfssd
- Also another detail is that it of course gives you the 'On Fire!' debuff, which can last for either 8 - 16 seconds or
16 - 32 seconds.

You fly at it, expecting it to have low HP and DEF for the damage it deals. Easy Excaliber kill, right?

-You were right about one thing. It has lowish HP.
Once again depending on tier, the Diabolist can have either 200 -
400 HP [T1] or 250 - 500 HP [T2].
-Tier 1 Diabolists have 2 more defense than Tier 2 Diabolists, so they have 12 defense, and Tier 2 Diabolists have 10 defense.
-Diabolists have a bit of knockback resistance. But that doesn't matter. You know why...?

-They teleport every time they get hit.
- And the icing on the cake?
-They teleport around frantically, so when you run after them, they can just teleport away. Even if you're lucky enough to hit them, they can just TP away again.
-Something that's not at all major but is still noteworthy is their immunity to confusion, venom, and poison. So, uh, watch out flask users... I guess?

You chase it around as it begins teleporting (behind you nothing personal kid). It teleports out of your reach, into a separate room, while it still blasts projectiles at you. You can only dodge so many.

You force a healing potion down your throat. Potion sickness. You've become fed up and wait for it to teleport to you.

-The saving grace of these practical demons is the weapon it can drop, the Inferno Fork. I won't explain it here, so just check it out on the Wiki.
https://terraria.wiki.gg/Inferno_Fork

-So, how do you counter them?
y̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶t̶
-The only true advice I can offer besides recommending weapons is to do this; keep a distance and wait for them to teleport close enough to you, so you can quickly grapple towards them and hopefully deal enough damage to kill them quick enough before they teleport away.
-If you have a rapid fire weapon/burst fire weapon that deals low damage with each projectile... then just give up on life. nojk just swap to something else

Thank you for reading this guide. All of the informational credit goes to my experiences and of course - the wiki, couldn't live without it.

byyeeue

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom